The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

backgammon with help from flettenjab

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
benjacko699

backgammon with help from flettenjab Empty
PostSubject: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:08 pm

i read flattenjabs theory on the backgammon game and it got me thinking..
this might be stupid, but where did the game come from when locke had it in his possession? yes we could all say the plane etc, but its weird how it falls into lockes hands, locke seems to know alot about it etc and was keen to show walt...
i wonder if the board was thier before they arrived, after all it is the oldest game around, maybe previous people played it who lived on the island.. i know its pretty pointless but would be pretty cool to see the start of season six with jacob and MM playing a game on backgammon eh?
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 am

and remember what was found on Adam and Eve?...the black and white stones...I think they could have been backgammon pieces of some kind...
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
benjacko699

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm

i like that.....
after thinknig about my thoery a little longer i realised the board cant b that old as the pieces were relatively new... however u never know, locke may have found it from previous people thier.. i just think it would be poetic with the start of season 6 beginning with jacob and mm playing backgammon haha

stranger things have happened
Back to top Go down
faraday48071

faraday48071

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:16 pm

I think the board and pieces do not mader, it's the consept of light and dark that has been seeded through out the how and AI think that it as was there so that locke and walt would met because I think the secret was not was was a parapalegic I think its a secret about the island
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goku48071
benjacko699

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:38 pm

i know i realise the concept on light and darkk etc, that issue has been covered really since season 1 or 2... i was just bored and tried to put a new spin on things with the backgammon, wondering whether or not previous ppl on the island have ever had a similar conversation that walt and locke did... i would have lovec jacob and mm too..

as for locke telling walt the 'secret' i completely agree.. it is most likely something more that we are yet too see... then again tho it could also be that he can walk etc , i mean this was season 1 and the writers had to get the audience engaged into the story , and we found out locke was disabled in episode 4, 1 episode after locke told walt the secret....
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 am

I think the secret may have been about Locke being able to walk...at least that's the obvious conclusion...but it seems to me that Locke is constantly trying to get Walt in his corner...He taught him about the game to gain a connection with Walt, then when Michael didn't approve of him, he found Vincent to try to win Michael over...when he couldn't gain Michaels approval, he then became more aggresive; trying to tell Michael what was best for Walt and training him with Knives...Who I call "MM Locke" knew that Walt was someone that he needed on his team in the longrun...
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm

I think Locke, with no good father figure, saw an opportunity to be a surrogate father figure to Walt. Whether that was all part of the MM plan or not.....I am leaning towards MM having a much bigger hand in orchestrating an awful lot of what happened on the island. If we believe in destiny then someone (or something) must set it all up. Is that MM's role - to set up all the situations to shape or craft what seems to be destiny? Sorry for getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:01 pm

I could see the surrogate father thing....he also took on the role as a caregiver for Aaron, sometimes it almost seems as though he wants to father the Losties...and later on, jumps at the chance to play a father figure roll to the "Others". I think mystery man cannot actually change fate...he manipulates people and situations for his "greater good", but Jacob uses what we have come to call "course correction" to make what is 'supposed' to happen happen. Mystery man trys to change things; ie Ethan taking Claire,...MM thought that Ethan could convince Claire to give Aaron to the others so that he would not be raised by her...but Jake sent Danielle and Alex to get her back to the Losties. Jack witnessing Sawyer & Kate's "special time" in the cages; he thought that would keep Jack and Kate from being together, but Jacob made sure that Sawyer would stay on the island to become "Lafluer" (hope I spelled that right)...so many more examples, but the point is...whatever happened happened...there is a final outcome, MM tries to manipulate to change things, but Jake course corrects...I just wonder why Jake waited so long to appear to the Losties.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:13 am

Crisps - I agree that MM cannot change fate but do believe he can manipulate the situation and then the PEOPLE make decisions and set/change their fate/destiny. Jacob's touch may have imparted a deeper sense of choice against what would seem to be fate. A resistance to "go with the flow" and make different decisions. All of the people touched by Jacob seem "better" at analyzing a situation and making a decision, one that many times seems to go against what "should" happen based upon the situation. ie - Kate decides to save young Ben, which, when knowing what he will do seems to go against what "should" be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: backgammon with help from flettenjab   backgammon with help from flettenjab Empty

Back to top Go down

backgammon with help from flettenjab
Page 1 of 1