The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
The 'magic' box EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
The 'magic' box EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

The 'magic' box

Go down 
+4
DharmaCrisps
vincentfan1
LostINZ
missingdeck
8 posters
AuthorMessage
missingdeck

missingdeck

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Well I'll kick this one off with a question I have. Is there really a 'magic' box or was Ben just blowing smoke at Locke? Locke's father made it sound like he was in Talahassee and then zoom he was on the Island. Was the 'magic' box ever expanded upon by Ben or any of the Others after that?
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 am

This was said by Ben in S3 before he manipulated Llocke into blowing up the Galaga.Ben told Locke that Locke was responsible for Anthony Cooper(his father) coming to the Island.That "on this Island there was a magic box where anything you wished for would be granted"

Later when Locke has to kill his father Ben tells him the Magic Box was just a metaphor.

Then when in the flashback where Hurley visits his pal Lenny in Santa Rosa, hurley asks him where the numbers are from.Lenny asks why does he ask.Hurley tells him what fortune it brought him, then Lenny goes nuts and says "you shouldn't have done that.You shouldn't have.You've opened the box! If Ben was just using the box as a metaphor then how the heck does Lenny know about the box? I thought he and Sam Twoomey were only commissioned to listen to radio signals? there is no account of whether they went to the Island or not...interesting..and unfortunately I don't think this will be answered as Darlton realise(without admiting it) that they don't have time to answer everything they set out to.
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 am

The box Lenny was referring to is Pandora's box, Hurley released all the evils "bad luck" on the world. I don't belive the "Magic Box" is the same thing. Ben does tell Locke it was simply a metaphor.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 am

The magic box could be one of the portals... Maybe Anthony Cooper died in the real world....then when Ben said "go get the man from Tallahasey", the others packed up his coffin, shipped it back to the island...and boom, raised from the dead, or posessed/body doubled by the island as Locke was.

Anne pirat
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:54 am

just had another thought. Ben told Locke that He(john) brought the man from Tallahasey to the island via the magic box. So is it possible that Locke just like Jacob has the power to bring people to the island? He just didn't know how to use his power.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 pm

I think Ben's statement was anouther one of Ben's fine word twisting statements. Essentially Ben is trying to say that through Locke's actions, statements etc it was necessary that the Man from Tallahasee be brought and, from a certain point of view (Ben's), that means Locke "brought him" there. I don't believe that there is/was anything special about Locke. UnNfortunately we was used by MM.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 pm

I don't know, I have a feeling that the "magic box" does exist. What it is exactly, I'm not sure but there has to be a way to explain Richard's non-aging axx and how Rich & Jacob get around in the past and in the future. There must be some portal or something.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:23 pm

OH, yes, I think I finally found a profile pic that I like. cheers
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 pm

wasn't that the hardest part, I like your usermame too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:06 pm

I take it you understand its translation.
Back to top Go down
Chocohase

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 7:04 am

Lost woman right? Had some Spanish classes while living in Barcelona, but it is a bit rusty..
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Ben was lying to Locke ... he just went and caused a car accident and pulled out the stunned Anthony Cooper and drugged him and brought him to the Island where he woke up in chains in Black Rock ... or Ben paid Anthony to lie to Locke about how he got there.

It doesn't really matter because the reason he was brought there was Ben's attempt to discredit Locke, because Ben knew Locke was too much of a coward to kill his own father ... but Jacob gave Richard info on Sawyer's connection to Locke's father and used that to undo Ben's plan.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
missingdeck

missingdeck

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Eric - Why would Jacob want to undo Ben? Looks like he could just send Ben on a one way trip. The fact that Ben was the supposed 'leader' of the others for years only to find out he never commuincated with Jacob at all has me thinking now that Richard has been sailing Ben's ship for all this time. I don't know why Ben is still around.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Richard wanted a new leader so he gave Sawyer's file to Locke ... whether Jacob had anything to do with that I don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
missingdeck

missingdeck

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Richard is pretty much an enigma. Black Rock Captain, Egyptian diety, the MM, Jacobs right hand man. Who knows about Richard except he wears a lot of eye makeup.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 8:11 am

theRealEricRobertson wrote:
Ben was lying to Locke ... he just went and caused a car accident and pulled out the stunned Anthony Cooper and drugged him and brought him to the Island where he woke up in chains in Black Rock ... or Ben paid Anthony to lie to Locke about how he got there.

It doesn't really matter because the reason he was brought there was Ben's attempt to discredit Locke, because Ben knew Locke was too much of a coward to kill his own father ... but Jacob gave Richard info on Sawyer's connection to Locke's father and used that to undo Ben's plan.

Have to agree with you:

SAWYER: [Inaudible, sounds like “Your his...”] How did you get here, to the Island?

COOPER: Island? OK. I'm driving down I10 through Tallahassee when bam, somebody slams into the back of my car. I go right into the divider at seventy miles an hour, the next thing I know, the paramedics are strapping me to a gurney, stuffing me into the back of an ambulance and one of them actually smiles at me as he pops the IV in my arm. And then, nothing. Just, black. And the next thing I know I wake up in a dark room tied up, gag in my mouth, and when the door opens, I'm looking up at the same man I threw out a window, John Locke. My dead son.
Back to top Go down
Chocohase

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:59 am

[quote="LostINZ"]
theRealEricRobertson wrote:

I go right into the divider at seventy miles an hour, the next thing I know, the paramedics are strapping me to a gurney, stuffing me into the back of an ambulance and one of them actually smiles at me as he pops the IV in my arm. And then, nothing. Just, black.

When I rewatched that episode I immediatly thought about Sawyer and Juliet when they wanted to leave in season 5.. They were supposed to get an IV for a comfortable ride on the sub. So basicly as I see it Lock's dad was brought to the island via the sub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 'magic' box Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'magic' box   The 'magic' box Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'magic' box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Other Lost Forum :: Questions-
Jump to: