The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. Empty
PostSubject: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Well I must say that I've always been obsessed with the 4-toed statue. Why is it there, who built it, what it represents. It was awesome when we first saw the back of the statues side during the flashes & totally awesome when we saw its profile (basically). I keep thinking that Jacob is from that time because he chooses to reside at the base of the statue and he threads a tapestry with the eye of Ra on it. I've even thought that he is Ra-that would be interesting. I googled meanings for the ankhs and I got life (as in birth) and afterlife...pretty interesting stuff. Anyone have an idea or comment on this??
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I personally don't think any characters "are" someone from history, more that they represent theideals, values etc of that person/being. That being said I do think the statue may help date the time the game/test/challenge between MM and Jacob started.

My history knowledge of that time period is pretty non-existent though. Does anyone know the period teh staue would be in, real well and was there any event of characteristic of the people of that time that could be considered the start of man going down the wrong path of, as MM say, fighting, corruption etc? I do think that may be meaningful.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm

I think the era would be around 3000-4000BC. I guess your perspective is symbolic; however, I think that there is some direct link with history as far as all the Egyptian relics. There must have been "a people" of that era or that shared that belief long ago (had to be before the 1800's).
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Possibly another attempt of Jacob to prove that mankind can progress and perhaps those people destroyed themselves. Just theorizing...
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Perhaps the Egyptians were the first group brought to the island by Jacob for the test. They flourished for a good period of time, long enough to build a statue, the temple etc, then MM was able to manipulate them to corrupt and fight. They fought, destroyed most of the statue and themselves and, that was that, as they say.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Now we're on to something!!!
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Maybe, wish I knew more about that time period. There must have been something that the Egyptians did to drive Jacob and MM (or whoever they "report"to) to start this test/challenge/game thing. That event must have set the end date for the Valenzetti equation and Jacob has been running this game ever since to try prevent mankinds self destruction.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:13 pm

I wonder how much the producers are really going to tie the whole Alvar/Hanso Foundation and the V Equation into the final season, if at all. I really don't think that they're going to play into that considering that the game was based on the show not the other way around. We'll see...
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:28 pm

The statue IS Taweret. Read the synopsis for the seaon finale on ABC.com. It has been confirmed by whoever wrote said synopsis.

Taweret totally meshes with lost antics. Her moral alignment is ambiguous at best. She is referred to as demoness/goddess so you don't know whether she is good or evil. Just like everyone else on lost. Also, she is linked to fertility and birth/life which seems to be a real problem on the island.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Tawaret is the goddess believed to protect women during pregancy and childbirth...
From the Synopsis on ABC.com and the link:

In an unknown room, we see a man dressed in white at a spinning wheel creating a tapestry with an intricate design containing Egyptian and Greek symbols. We cut to the man sitting on the beach cooking fish over a fire. It's morning, and on the horizon, out over the ocean, a large ship is sailing towards the island. Another man, this one dressed in black, walks over to the Man in White. The Man in Black asks why the Man in White brought the ship to the island -- is he still trying to prove the Man in Black wrong? The Man in Black says they come, fight, destroy, corrupt, and it always ends the same. The Man in White tells him it only ends once, and everything else is just... progress. The Man in Black says he wants to kill the Man in White, and one day he's going to find a loophole. The Man in White says he'll be right there. The Man in Black leaves and addresses the Man in White as Jacob. Yes, this is Jacob. The camera pulls back over the ocean, and we see they were sitting on the base of a giant stone foot. And next to the foot is another foot -- and both feet have four toes. And as the camera pulls back, we see what we've been waiting to see since we first glimpsed that four-toed foot over three years ago... the towering, majestic statue of the Egyptian goddess Taweret. And we clearly know we're a long time ago, so let's get the finale of season five started --

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=recap#t=162212&d=201648
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.   So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods. Empty

Back to top Go down

So is the statue Sobek or Tawaret?? Also, why holding two ankhs instead of one like most egyptian gods.
Page 1 of 1