The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
possible outcomes EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
possible outcomes EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
possible outcomes EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
possible outcomes EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
possible outcomes EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

possible outcomes

Go down 
+2
DharmaCrisps
flaminnugsofkush
6 posters
AuthorMessage
flaminnugsofkush

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: possible outcomes   possible outcomes EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:44 pm

as dan says in one of his last episodes, the chain of events starting at the 815 crash will happen in the afternoon

if bomb did go off -> back to 815 in LA?

or electromagnetism (pocket being drilled) + the radiation(jughead core) = the "incident" (maybe miles is right, they should of done nothing)

your thoughts
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Very Possible!...   possible outcomes EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:10 pm

We've all noticed how under-reactive everybody was in the 1st season. Almost as if they were expecting everything. I wonder if it's not a giant cycle, and the show will end up back where it started. Great theory! Thanks for joining!
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
Edit_Reality

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Season 6, backwards   possible outcomes EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:14 pm

One thing I predict is that Season 6 will go in reverse.

The first show of Season 6 will be the LAST show of the series; the second show will tell what all happened right before that, backing up as they clear things up for us (hopefully), explaining the significance of the Numbers, the Velenzetti Equation, the inhabiting of others' bodies (or the computer generated appearance of bodies), etc. All leading to the Final Episode of the entire series which is essentially a repeat of the last show of Season 5, i.e.,leading to the White Flash and the words "they're coming..."

For me, the idea of a time LOOP, continuous recurrence, is essential to LOST. Whatever the Oceanic 6 did to alter outcomes, it traps them forever in a repeated cycle.
Back to top Go down
Drive Shaft

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible outcomes   possible outcomes EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:12 pm

The white flash tells it was a time jump. I think season 6 will kick off with an eye opening (a left eye) and everyone will be reunited in current time, not 1977.... charlie, libby, ecko, ana lucia will all be alive and kicking... hugo will then be able to redeliver his guitar case to charlie
Back to top Go down
Edit_Reality

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Changing the Future   possible outcomes EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:10 pm

I tend to think like this (regarding the question of Time Travel into the Past to the Future)

If, for example, the Velenzetti Numbers provided a LIKELY date that the world would end, sort of like a weather forecast ("conditions lead us to think that it will rain heavily..") then maybe Jack and crew could have prevented catastrophe. But that's if it was a prediction, not a fact.

However, it was more like "prophecy" -- if the numbers foretold a true picture of REAL outcome in the Future, then I think anything done in the name of stopping it would only contribute to that exact outcome. If it "ever" was the Future, then it's the Future...and any attempt to prevent it would actually CAUSE it. Sort of an extension of "whatever happened, happened.." In this case it's "whatever will happen, will happen..."

That's my two cents, anyway. I think Jack has been trying so hard to improve lives, his world, etc. and by trying maybe too hard, he ends up causing the catastrophe that was spurring him on.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Re; possible outcomes   possible outcomes EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I wonder if Dharma was ever suppose to be there. Seems that Jacob selected those to come (MM: "You brought them here " when he sees the old ship) to try to prove his point. The Dharma thing messed up everything when they came, in theory, to figure out a way to change those numbers and prevent the end of the world. The past is done, even if it seems that it is being changed by the Losties.

I think they are there, in 1977, to learn about themselves and their life. Kate learns compassion, even for Ben, when she pushes to take him to the Others, Sayid learns, like it or not, that he IS a killer, Jack is learning that faith can be as strong (or stronger) than science. Miles learns that his father is not a jerk. Hurley learns he is not cursed.

Although the Mystery Man set all this up to work his "loophole" plan, I believe all that the 1977 crew has learned about themselves is important to Jacob, but MM doesn't see it. He is so involved with making all the moves for his strategy he misses the fact that, like chess game, if your opponent figures out your strategy they can then make moves to counter it. If you don't recognize the counter moves, you will lose.

I do not believe Jacob is dead, he is actually playing MM better than MM is playing the loophole. MM kicked Jacob in the fire - he wasn't dead yet. That is Jacob's loophole - MM actually did try to deliver the killing blow (in his excitement/victory) so, Jacob is not dead.
Back to top Go down
JimboLafleur

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible outcomes   possible outcomes EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:58 am

I think there are two possibilities if the bomb went off:

(1)This is the way the "original incident" occurred and what Richard meant when he told Sun he saw them all die. They don't flash forward because they are all dead and 815 still crashes. Everything is a continuous loop and nothing changed. Members of Dharma come back to the island and are purged by the others because Radsinsky the Madman tries to wipe them out first. When Jacob said they're coming he was referring to the Alana, Richard, the Others, etc.

(2) This was not the way the "original incident" occurred. To course correct things, all the Losties that were near the Swan flash forward to the future. Even though the bomb went off, the bomb actually stops the original incident from occurring and Desmond never has to push the button. The plane never crashes and there is an alternate timeline. Jacob doesn't get killed by Ben because Locke never sets foot on the island.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

possible outcomes Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible outcomes   possible outcomes Empty

Back to top Go down

possible outcomes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Other Lost Forum :: Theories-
Jump to: