The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
When Ben was Judged EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
When Ben was Judged EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
When Ben was Judged EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
When Ben was Judged EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
When Ben was Judged EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

When Ben was Judged

Go down 
+3
JohnLocke73
Chocohase
JimboLafleur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JimboLafleur

When Ben was Judged Empty
PostSubject: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 pm

After Ben was judged, Smokey appeared to returned to his chamber.

Then Alex appeared. I thought Smokey was gone and no longer in the room.

Also, the way Ben was judged seemed much different then what happened to the Pilot, Ecko and the Frenchies.

Maybe MM can mimic Smokey as well?? Perhaps MM is a swarm of nanobots and that's where he gets his ability to mimic???
Back to top Go down
Chocohase

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 pm

I believe it's the same Smokey as before and not MM. He's not that different from before, for example when Eko was judged, he wasn't killed straight away.. First the smoke monster appears in the shadows, then yemi appeared to him, but a bit after he gave an answer that smokey didn't like, he got killed by the monster. Same goes for Ben, Smokey appears, then Alex appears telling him what to do and well he listened and apparently that's why he didn't get killed from my point of view.

Have to agree with the pilot and the frenchies beeing different, but they weren't really developed characters, so that might explain why the monster didn't take form of a known person first.

Besides in season three when kate and juliet are running from the smoke monster and they hid between a pair of trees.. you only saw light flashes, these flashes were probably from the same electricity you saw when smokey was showing Ben his past in the temple.

My theory is that somehow Smokey can dive into a person's memories through that person's eyes, it is said that the eyes are the gateway to a person's soul. Smokey perfectly mimics Ben's memories so it has to come from somewhere, you could see it as sort of an iris scan.. The reason I thought about this is because well, we see a lot of close-ups from the eyes of different persons through out the seasons.

On a final note, I've noticed that there are two distinct differences when an appearances of a person shows up.. First is the noise the smoke monster makes, that cab thing.. and the second are the voices.. Could this be the a clue to which side an appearance belongs to?
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Could the voices be those of main people from the Island's history? Like their essence sticking ot the Island or MM or Smokie?
Back to top Go down
http://vilhelmslostblog.blogspot.com/
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Anyone else but me think that the judgment was a set-up? Ben stated he had to return to be judged by the monster (he also says in earlier episodes that they have no name for it). However, knowing what we know now (or believe we know now) from S5 final episode was Ben fed a story about how Smokey judges people as part of MM's plan?
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Ben just seemed to know he had to be judged from what i can remember. It could have been a setup and at first i thought this because i believe this was the first time we same an "apparition", or the dead, actually get physical with the living. Christian couldn't help Locke up when he fell down the well. So why can Alex push Ben up against the wall? Maybe when John came back to the island, the rules changed and the dead can now interact with the living.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Ben was lying ... he just wanted to go back to the Island and made up an excuse.

and Smokie kills people, but MM just manipulates in a passive fashion ... they have 2 very different methods of operation.

I thought the whispers always are heard before Smokie appears ... the whispers are the voices of the dead trapped in the folding of Space-Time
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:57 pm

What happens to the people that smokie drags into the ground?
(the ones with their arms intact)

Smokie tried to drag John underground... not kill him. Locke told Jack to let him go, that he'd be alright. I wish we could have seen how that would go...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Ben was Judged   When Ben was Judged Empty

Back to top Go down

When Ben was Judged
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Other Lost Forum :: Theories-
Jump to: