The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Lapidus's Role EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Lapidus's Role EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Lapidus's Role

Go down 
+5
brick
esutt83101
chadzlost
Sirking
JimboLafleur
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JimboLafleur

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Lapidus''s Role   Lapidus's Role EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:04 pm

I think the reason Alana said he might be important is because he is going to be the new vessel for Jacob. I think Jacob was possessing/otherwise somehow controlling the human character played by Pellegrino who is dead now. He (1) ate fish and (2) bled out of the mouth when Ben stabbed him. I think Lapidus will be the new Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Sirking

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Lapidus will die somewhere near the beginning of season 6, and so will Ilana. Come on, does anyone seriosuly think that the Lost writers will actually delve into another character with just one season remaining and so many mysteries still unsolved?
Back to top Go down
chadzlost

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Well...let's not be too quick to judge Sirking. I understand where you are coming from, but 17 hours is still alot of time to answer everything and then some. Darlton has stated what was important to the LOST story and what wasn't. I think alot of things won't get answered that aren't important to the LOST story/mythology, but has been to some LOST fans, such as Libby's story. It's DONE! However, some fans are hung up on it....FOR SOME REASON. I think Ilana thinks Lapidus could be the candidate....but he won't be. Hurley just might be. Of course, I have no clue...just like everyone else! By the end of the day I still think the man of the hour will be Jack....Season 6 will belong to him once again.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:57 pm

I don't think Lapidus will be the new "Jacob" I think it's going to be dead Locke in the box. It just makes sense. In Season 4, he was told that in order to save the island and everyone he would have to die. Now I know some think the reason he died was because he was manipulated into doing so by Christian (during wheel turning) but, I really do believe that Christian is good, and the purpose of that statement was to prepare him to return to the island dead, so that "Jacob" could be resurrected in his body. I think there may be some rules about being a candidate, I think one of them is that you must be pure at heart. Through all of his tribulations during his life, I believe Locke still was a good, pure soul. Therefore, I think he is the best "candidate".
Back to top Go down
brick

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 pm

estutt83101: You are forgetting that Locke was told he had to die by Richard ... who was persuaded to tell him that by FAKE Locke.

If Christian is also played by the smoke monster / mystery man ... isn't it feasible that real Locke was tricked into dying?

Where does this whole "pure soul" / "pure heart" stuff come from? Was that mentioned on the show or is that just part of these theory websites?
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 pm

esutt - i love the dead Locke-in-a-box comment. not sure if it was written like that for humor but it made me laugh just reading it. i like your twist on the theory in thinking it could be locke. i think it might be pretty cool next season if both the MM and jacob are Locke MM obviously the image of Locke and Jacob using dead Locke-in-a-box.. and the 1977 losties get back into town and don't know which one is which.. let alone that they are not Locke in the first place.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 am

quite possible-the op.If my theory about possession turns out correct then Jacob's spirit will inhabit another body.So they kill Frank and let Jacob inhabit his body...Just like how MM inhabited Locke's body...
Back to top Go down
Eko's_Stick

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:11 pm

I like this theory and all, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if people on the show can just jump from one dead body to another. THey could just play this never-ending game, until all the life on the island stops. I don't think they can wrap all that up in one season.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 4:01 pm

I agree with Eko that the possession theory would kill it a bit since no one has been possessed thus far so I don't know how that would play into it all. MM is impersonating Locke but obviously not possessing him. I truly believe that Ilana and her people play a significant role. It might be of them that Jacob says, they're coming. As for Lapidis, his name means torch...that's all I can come up with about him. lololol
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Brick-To answer your question about "pure heart, pure soul".. To me, and the way I perceive it, the entire show is about people having faith and choosing the right path. I think Locke pretty much choose the right path his entire life, even in adversity. In order for Jacob to be resurrected into someone, I think that they have to have these qualities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lapidus's Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lapidus's Role   Lapidus's Role Empty

Back to top Go down

Lapidus's Role
Page 1 of 1