The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Ghosts and Goblins EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Ghosts and Goblins EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Ghosts and Goblins EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Ghosts and Goblins EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Ghosts and Goblins EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Ghosts and Goblins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LostINZ

LostINZ

Ghosts and Goblins Empty
PostSubject: Ghosts and Goblins   Ghosts and Goblins EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Remember that game in the 80s? Well all I'm saying is that darlton are playing the same trick as David played in some of his movies and shows, like Twin Peaks, only they've enhanced the idea by adding a couple more entities:

1-Possessed bodies
2-Spirits of dead people.
3-Resurrected beings.
4-Reincarnated beings.
5-A character's double from the future.
6-Manifestations of the spirits who rule the Island(Smokie is his hands).
7-Hallucinations.
8-An individual's power to see dead people.

I'm not saying that all of these are present.But I am saying that Darlton intentionally want us to guess which is which.I am going to offer up one of my interpretations of what we have seen in 5 seasons so far:

Walt manifesting himself to Shannon all wet-the one of the Island ruling spirits was trying to tell Losties not to open the hatch.Why was he talking backwards? There is folklore about doppelgangers who talk backwards but I think Libndelof used that because it was a cute idea(like the old myth of back-masking, which Lindelof loves mocking).Why was this manifestation of Walt wet?Well, at that particular time Walt had been taken captive by the Others, he fell into the water.The Island used the most recent example of Walt.Overall this manifestation was just a cool thing Darlton wanted to do-no big picture impact.

Walt manifesting to Locke in Dharma pit-Smokie again.One of the Island gods was helping Locke.he manifested himself as Walt because he knew that Locke would listen to Walt.The spirits can manifest themselves only as someone missing from a particular context.Am I joining any dots for you?no?Ok continue...

Kate sees the black horse who she and US Marshall Ed Mars barely managed to avoid hitting-it provided Kate with an opportunity to escape.On Island it was a manifestation of Smokie(Sawyer saw it).Purpose: nothing great.these spirits can manifest the deepest fears of your conscious and subconscious mind.Sometimes they just get a kick out of playing with the Losties.

Alex choking Ben.The same spirit who manifested as the other ones I just mentioned.Like I said, Smokie is only the hands of this spirit.

Danielle Rousseau's science team.Most interpretations I have seen say that Smokie manifested as each of them so that Danielle would kill them.That idea is completely lacking logic and sense.If that was true then there would be 10 bodies and Danielle would have observed or mentioned that fact.But her interpretation was "c'est vous qui nous avez infecte".She thought they were sick with a virus and that Jin had infected them. Also can Smokie be kiled? A false manifestation doesn't have a soul, or unique body.By nature if it did it would be a clone.But a clone cannot disappear(not to mention it's been debunked by Darlton).No, I believe that this case was the same ruling spirit possessing the team so that they would die and he could be free to enter the baby when it gets to a certain age.

Furthermore, according to my theory, Smokie can only manifest as a person who couldn't possibly be alive or present in a given context, i.e. either dead or too far away to be possibly be there. Remember Bea Klugh asking Michael if Walt had ever turned up anywhere he shouldn't have?This is called Astral Projection.That is Walt's gift.He travels along the same plane as the spirits on the Island do.Thus, the Others were afraid of him, sensing he could have connections with Smokie, thus he could be just as powerful and merciless.

Dave.(ok I'm making this part up because Darlton won't get to finish it-they know that Cynthia Watros won't come back to the show because they killed her off and angered her).He was a figment of Hurley's imagination.Or so everyone thinks.Actually Hurley turns out to have the gift of seeing the dead.But he cannot enter that plane.Dave was Libby's husband.Libby was so intrigued with Hurley at Santa Rosa because her gift was she could see into minds.She saw that Hurley could see her husband and she became addicted to the experience.So yes Dave was merely in Hurley's head as repressed feelings in his subconscious, but it was Dave of all people because it was a gift to Libby.I think Libby ended up at Santa Rosa because she saw Dave inside Hurley's mind one day and stalked him.When Hurley went to the Nuthouse she faked insanity so she could continue stalking.

So who is this spirit that has been manifesting? None other than Jacob's Nemesis.The Island gives spirits power.Some spirits have more power than others.Jacob has more than his Nemesis because he can leave the Island.Nemesis is wanting to leave the Island so that he can live a normal life.When people come to the Island the same thing happens every time because the same spirits keep coming back as reincarnations.Each time they make the same mistakes.The people themselves don't remember anything but they do do certain things that are out of character-this is the urgings from their reincarnated spirit.Nemesis has tried to break the cycle for centuries but only just succeeded.How? Locke has been in 2 places at once.Most people think Locke just died.Think again.Locke was resurrected sure enough.Then Nemesis possessed caesar's body.Ben killed Caesar.But what happened originally(which we didn't see), was that Locke got killed by Caesar.So possessed Caesar kills Locke then Nemesis inhabits Locke's body, TTs to the future where Locke goes off-Island, dies and gets taken to the island, however, Nemesis is hiding on the Island already in Locke's body.Thus Locke died, but his future dead body gets inhabited by Nemesis.....All made possible by Ben.

I forgot Christian, but I'll pick up on that when I get back home..this is enough for now..
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

Ghosts and Goblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and Goblins   Ghosts and Goblins EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:21 am

Christian was seen on the Island by Jack in S1.Nemesis was weighing up who would be the best candidate: Locke or Jack.We know that Christian was possessed by Nemesis because his body was not found in the coffin when Jack first found it.This frustrated him no end because as he told the Airport assisstant, he needed closure.But he tried to deny it.Eric brought up a great point about the white shoe on the tree.This has been confirmed by Lindelof as the Pilot clue.Christian was seen in the mobisode with both white shoes.That was a clue that the Christian on the beach that Jack saw was a manifestation.A resurrected Christian wouldn't be so evasive or fast enough to outrun Jack.

Christian in the cabin: Resurrected Christian. His spirit took Jacob's side and works for him.Jacob resurrected him to fulfill his game plan.Claire is still alive and Christian convinced her that he was protecting the family's future.So Claire knows the game now.

Christian who spoke to Sun and Lapidus: Resurrected Christian doing Jacob's work again.

Christian who helped Locke turn the FDW: Nemesis manifestation.

Christian seen by Jack in Hospital: Jack was going mad, a tormented mind , he saw his father from his subconscience.

Yemi on the Island.We saw his body went missing also when Eko came back to the Beechcraft with Locke.Now Yemi did resurrect.But we haven't seen his resurrected body yet-maybe never will.So once he had disappeared Nemesis was able to manifest as Yemi and kill Eko.Not because he was evil, but because he was a threat to Nemesis' plan.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

Ghosts and Goblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and Goblins   Ghosts and Goblins EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:20 am

Funny how theories on this kind either draws jeers and contempt or no comment at all lol..
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

Ghosts and Goblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and Goblins   Ghosts and Goblins EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Holy crap, a long but interesting read. I like that you're trying to connect all of the "dead" characters. I think many of these are just visions that the island(Jacob) puts in peoples minds to send a message or a warning. Kind of like a dream, but taking place while awake. Many of your explainations go deeper than this, which is totally cool but i think that the explainations will be much more simple than we all want. I have a feeling that they wont even discuss many of these visions again, like Walt soaked, creepy, "shhhhhh." I think they just wanted to scare the hell out of us. Good job Darlton. Now, if they set some rules for the "dead" in season 6, like saying "the dead can be possessed by smokie" in an episode, we would have to go back and see if the rules had been followed even though we didn't know them for 5 seasons. That would be genius, and i hope for some crazy twist like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghosts and Goblins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts and Goblins   Ghosts and Goblins Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghosts and Goblins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Other Lost Forum :: Theories-
Jump to: