The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Lost a game? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Lost a game? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Lost a game? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Lost a game? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Lost a game? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Lost a game?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matthewwren

Lost a game? Empty
PostSubject: Lost a game?   Lost a game? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm sorry if this post seems a little sketchy, but I am just outlining my general theories regarding Lost.

The island is the gateway to the underworld - the clue in the pilot is Locke playing backgammon alone, a spiritual ritual associated with the passage to the underworld. This might be the "secret" that Locke was about to reveal.

Christian is in the underworld and as such may be played by the mystery man, as a dead Locke is (not sure if the fact they both arrived in coffins is relevant). Christian influenced Locke into moving the island which allowed Locke to jump back and gain Richard's trust and issue instructions to the real Locke, and then persuade him that he needed to die to get the other passengers back to the island. The reason why he needed to die was so that MM could then play Locke. Certainly the Locke that talks with Jacob IS the MM, since they refer back to the "loophole", and the individuals carrying Locke's body seem to know that the other Locke is not the same Locke as the one in the coffin.

We can assume that Smokey is connected to the side of death, as it emenates from the underworld, is depicted as being fed by anubis, and indeed shares the "judgement" function of anubis. Ben's dead daughter also seems to be used by MM to persuade Ben to do what the MM Locke asks.

It seems that Jacob trying to prove MM wrong revolves around humanity's corrupt nature. I can't be sure, but I seem to remember that a lot of the individuals have some morally dubious past. Jacob could be seen as the giver of life, hence the Egyptian godess of childbirth, and Jacob seemingly giving life back to Locke. I will add thoughts to this thread as they occur to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

Lost a game? Empty
PostSubject: I agree   Lost a game? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:49 am

I can see the "game" theme through-out as well along with the whole alice in wonderland theme. Keep adding...I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this!
Anne
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
Drive Shaft

Lost a game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost a game?   Lost a game? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:35 pm

some wizard of oz references as well.... taking orders from the man you cant see (OZ)
The red shoes Jacob was wearing
Back to top Go down
matthewwren

Lost a game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost a game?   Lost a game? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:52 am

yes, the Wizard of Oz references are in line with the general theme of our blind faith in God, and why should we do all those "instructions" he issues us in return for "The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks That flesh is heir to". This was the second thing that popped through my head when Locke was playing backgammon in 1-1. Maybe the secret is that the "light" side isn't as good as we think it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost a game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost a game?   Lost a game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost a game?
Page 1 of 1