The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

My Alternate Timeline Ideas.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Velleri24

Velleri24

My Alternate Timeline Ideas. Empty
PostSubject: My Alternate Timeline Ideas.   My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 pm

I had sort of sprawled some of my theories about the reason I have started to believe in an alternate timeline. I decided to go dig up video of my psychotic rantings to further explain why the sudden change of heart. I will start at the very beginning. I always said there was a big difference in Jack's 815 experience then all the other flashbacks of the flight that we saw. I realize that I already linked some of these in general, but thought instead of making people follow a link to just display them here. the YouTube site seems sort of like a popularity contest, and that is not really my goal. So here is the first part of it.

This one is a bit odd, but I thought deserved a look.

This one has driven me nuts for years!

More...production errors?

Back to top Go down
Velleri24

Velleri24

PostSubject: Re: My Alternate Timeline Ideas.   My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Here is the post that started me off on this whole alternate timeline tangent. I was dead set against it before this thread took on a life of it's own. I was a firm believer in what happened, happened.

Well dammit, here I am again debunking my own theories! Christian.....dead or not dead? I like not dead! But after re watching the episode when Locke was at the wheel, there is Christian. Now I figured that maybe he was being impersonated at that time by MM, because he said he could not help John up. And I figured the reason he could not help John up is because of the free will thing they talk so much about, or that it would reveal to John who Christian really was at that moment.

But looking at it again, when John said that Richard told him he had to die, a sort of light bulb went off behind Christians eyes, like that was the moment he knew he could take over Johns body. But if MM had a body already, why would he need John's? He knew full well where Jacob lived, he sat just yards from it, chit chatting and proclaiming his deadly intentions. Jacob told him when he found his loop hole, Jacob would be right there waiting for him. Did he make his first attempt on Jacob as Christian, but failed so began looking for another loop hole?

Was it because he needed Ben to follow him loyally? Was John Locke truly the only person that could get Ben to carry out the scheming, evil, diabolical plan of "Operation Kill Jacob"? So the marching of his so called people to the scene of the crime was for....what? Because it was something the real John Locke would do? Or does Lock 2.0 have other plans for those people?

Also he told Richard they would have to "take care" of the other people who flew in on the 316 flight. I have a hard time believing that Richard did not, in that moment, realize he was dealing with a nutter, and not John Locke.

Somehow I get the feeling we saw an alternate ending to the season. I think what we saw was a false fork in prophecy, what would have happened if the 77 losties did not appropriate the plan as intended. Here is where I will really begin to sound like I am off my end.

What if the timeline for what we saw in 2007 versus 1977 were not the coinciding time lines. That the 2007 we saw was a result of a different 1977 then the one we saw in season 5? I said before time looping or alternates scares me to discuss, but we have been given subtle clues that what we have witnessed is a time loop or alternate timeline. Charlotte remembering that Dan spoke to her and that there is a well, something she would really only discover in adulthood, and Eloise buying the journal that she knows she had seen before, on the island when she shot her son. And one glaringly obvious scenario, At the pier when Sayid tells Jack and Ben, 'If I see you (points at Jack) or you (points at Ben) again, it will be very unpleasant for all of us." And then we see another version of that scene where he only says this to Ben, and not Jack.

There are so many other incidents we have witnessed that we have discussed as being duality of a given character, when in reality what I think is, we saw the same person in different times choosing a different course of action.

A small list of things that make us go "hmmmmm".

The hatch doors at the Pearl easily swing open for Nicki and Paulo, but later are stuck, they had to use the hatchet, and it took both Echo and John to lift each of them.

Charlie at the front of the 815 flight, yet is among the mid section passengers upon crashing.

The flight attendant using the word captain in the same announcement she made in another flashback using the word pilot instead. "Attention passengers, the captain has asked that you fasten.....Attention passengers, the pilot has asked...."

The numbers being broadcast again when Ajira 316 was approaching the island. This I think is a result of either Danielle never broadcasting her distress signal, or the 815 survivors ever disabling the message....one of those. -Hurley

I am unable to provide the clips of Sayid's different versions of what he said on the pier in LA or the 316 flight because the episodes are not yet available on ABC.com and I am not going to copy from DvD so we will have to wait on those.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: My Alternate Timeline Ideas.   My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm glad sopmeone agrees with me on the Ben, Jack and Sayid part at the pier.Nobody else has agreed.About the video clips: When Locke and Eko find the Pearl station the top was heavy with more debris and unbroken flora.I think when Nikki and Paulo open it, all the hard work had been done.<<you've given me a reason to go back and watch S3(my favourite season).

Also he told Richard they would have to "take care" of the other people who flew in on the 316 flight. I have a hard time believing that Richard did not, in that moment, realize he was dealing with a nutter, and not John Locke.<<<<awesome comment

I've been meaning to bring that one up.I'm sure you are right about it pertaining to alternate timeline.Why would he need to knock them off? Because he's expecting their time travelling doubles to arrive any minute? I've not finished reading your post, I'm at work.But I'll read on when I get home.I'm so grateful for your thread.More thinking to do!
Back to top Go down
Velleri24

Velleri24

PostSubject: Re: My Alternate Timeline Ideas.   My Alternate Timeline Ideas. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Umm, LostINZ, Nikki and Paulo opened it first Smile

Remember the plane was still up in the canopy when they opened it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Alternate Timeline Ideas.   My Alternate Timeline Ideas. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Alternate Timeline Ideas.
Page 1 of 1