The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia

Go down 
+2
theRealEricRobertson
DharmaCrisps
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia Empty
PostSubject: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:53 pm

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:00 am

Lostpedia is great ...
99.99% of all questions I have ever heard about LOST are answered at lostpedia ...

there is one thing that confuses people about lostpedia and I'll explain it :

lostpedia is an encyclopedia of LOST-related material ... all LOST-related material, including stuff not on the show that may or may not fit into the show perfectly ...

as quoted from the show, the words of the auctioneer : "The Black Rock set sail from Portsmouth, England, March 22nd 1845, on a trading mission to the kingdom of Siam, when she was tragically lost at sea. The only known artifact of this journey is the journal of the ship's first mate, which was discovered among the artifacts of pirates in Madagascar seven years later. The contents of this journal have never been made public, nor are known to anyone outside the family of the seller, Tovard Hanso." - http://lost.wikia.com/wiki/The_Black_Rock

Now when we see Black Rock on the Island, it has on it dynamite which was "invented by Swedish chemist and engineer Alfred Nobel in 1866" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite

So sometime after 1866, Black Rock comes to the Island.

here's what Lostpedia has to say about it :
Quote :

Final voyage :

According to an auctioneer selling the ship's first mate's journal, the Black Rock set sail from Portsmouth, England on March 22, 1845, purportedly on a trading mission to the Kingdom of Siam (now known as Thailand). The ship was believed to have been lost at sea. Seven years later, the journal was discovered among the artifacts of pirates on Île Sainte-Marie, an island off the coast of Madagascar. This journal is believed to be the only surviving remnant of the Black Rock's ill-fated final voyage, and was sold at a Southfield's auction to Charles Widmore. The ledger had previously been possessed and read solely by the Hanso family, but was put forward for sale by Tovard Hanso. ("The Constant")

In The Lost Experience, sources suggest that the Black Rock initially set sail from slip 23, Portsmouth, England, and set out on its final voyage in 1881. The ship was apparently on its way back from a mission to Papua New Guinea (though note that the name "Papua New Guinea" did not exist until the twentieth century). The ship was reportedly heading for Africa, where it was to exchange gold from Indonesia and Papua New Guinea for more slaves (most likely convicts - as slavery was abolished in England in 1807), and then presumably head back to England. However, since the Island is assumed to be to the East of Papua New Guinea, the ship would have been traveling in the wrong direction for Africa: east instead of west. Indeed, it was noted by traders at a Papua New Guinea port that the ship did set sail in the wrong direction. (The Lost Experience)

As the former account was included in an episode, and the latter part of an alternate reality game, it is assumed canon that the ship's final doomed voyage was in 1845. However, the alternative account that it dissappeared in 1881 has the advantage in that it explains the presence of dynamite aboard the ship, which was not invented until 1866.

Now my point is that the Lost Experience is not in the show LOST, so it cannot be used as evidence to prove a theory, except that the Final Voyage of Black Rock could not happen before dynamite was invented, so we accept that the Final Voyage of Black Rock was some time after 1881, so we accept the Lost Experience where it does not contradict the show ...

But nothing is proof of anything as concerns LOST unless we see it on the show ...

Lostpedia is an encyclopedia not a scientific thesis ... we should only use things we see on the show while watching in real-time as evidence for theories of things that might end up being proven true on the show ... stuff we have to stop the DVD to see doesn't count.

As long as people understand that anything published about LOST will be found in Lostpedia, even contradictory things.

But you can reference it for backing up theories, as long as there is evidence on the show and the show does not contradict your theory.

But anyone can make a theory and base it on nothing if they want, but theories are subject to easy disproof if they are contradicted by the show.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:45 am

The whole Hanso/Black Rock thing is facinating to me...Thanks for pointing out the thing about the dynamite...great observation! You're right about lostpedia...
another one that I like and have referenced a few times in my posts is http://www.lostisagame.com ...it's full of little clues and other fun stuff...
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
IamtheKnight

IamtheKnight

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:41 am

I always thought the dynamite they found at the Black Rock couldn't have been originally on the ship. According the episode "Hellcats" (I think that's what it was called, anyway) of MacGyver (yeah, I know, relying on one tv show to prove or disprove something in another show can be questionable logic, but oh well...), old dynamite deteriorates and leaks nitroglycerin, becoming pretty much no good after a long enough time. Unless the Island saw fit to preserve it for a hundred plus years, I don't think it would've been any good any more...
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:04 am

if the Island can keep Richard and Jacob from aging, it can keep dynamite fresh too I guess.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:23 am

DharmaCrisps wrote:
The whole Hanso/Black Rock thing is facinating to me...Thanks for pointing out the thing about the dynamite...great observation! You're right about lostpedia...
another one that I like and have referenced a few times in my posts is http://www.lostisagame.com ...it's full of little clues and other fun stuff...

Lostpedia is great for following characters' chronological history.

I usually ignore anything in Lostpedia that concerns LOST, but is taken from sources other than the actual show, except for the Black Rock stuff, because of the dynamite.

In 1845 Denmark sold off the last of it's lands in India to the British Empire.

I imagine this displeased the Danish natives.

I figure that Danish Pirates [ including a young Magnus Hanso ] led by Richard took Black Rock in 1845 [ as it passed by India on it's way to the Kingdom of Siam ] and ended up sailing by the Island [ the scene we saw in the season finale ... maybe ] but maybe not stopping ... maybe there was a storm and Richard was washed overboard along with a few others maybe ... or they stopped by the Island then left later on, leaving behind some of them ...

Magnus takes over as captain and becomes rich as time goes by [ because of the power of the Island ]

in 1882 Magnus goes back to try to find the Island again and the Island takes the ship in a flash to where we see it now in the middle of the jungle.

Magnus dies and is buried by Richard [ under Jacob's orders ], but first Richard [ who has been on the Island since 1845 ] gathers one of his organs and puts it in a jar in the Cabin and performs the hoodoo magic that binds Magnus' Soul to the Cabin [ the old man we see in the Cabin for a moment and the voice Locke heard say "Help Me" is the ghost of Magnus Hanso ].

that's how I see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:16 pm

more Black Rock related stuff as concerns season 5 finale ...

someone over at ABC forum thinks Jack and friends are sent forward in time not because the bomb goes off but because Charlotte turns the Donkey Wheel to leave the Island ...
[ how she could do that when she is on the sub I don't know ]

my response to that below :

the release of the exotic energy at the site of the Incident sent them to where they should be in 2007 ... Charlotte could not have left the Island by turning the Donkey Wheel because until Ben overloads the vault (blowing a hole into the tunnel that leads to the Donkey Wheel Cave) THERE IS NO ACCESS TO THE DONKEY WHEEL [ ALLCAPS for emphasis ] ... no one had used that wheel in a very long time ...

the only reason the Others new it was even there is because Ben grew up in DHARMA and was in charge of care of the bunnies that Dr Chang later used in his experiments in the Vault down in the Orchid Station after it was completed ... Ben had seen the Orchid Orientation Video ...

NO ONE TURNED THE WHEEL UNTIL BEN DID WHEN HE LEFT THE ISLAND ....

the only reason Charles Widmore knew that Tunisia was the exit point was either because that's where Ben arrived or because the Black Rock Ledger contained info on the Donkey Wheel ... Ben did find an old lantern down there ...

maybe Black Rock went to the Island in 1845 and discovered its secrets ... but got flashed inland on the Island when it returned in 1881 ... I think someone used the Donkey Wheel in 1845 but the next time it was used was when Ben turned it ... just my thoughts.

Last edited by theRealEricRobertson on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:29 pm

no one could have turned the wheel at the time of the Incident, because there was no access to the Wheel yet ... I think when Black Rock finds the Island in 1845, whoever was on the ship found the Donkey Wheel ... someone turned it maybe and flashed to Tunisia ... Black Rock then leaves the Island following the bearings which they had to know to find it in the first place ... or maybe they discovered it by accident ... maybe it took them a while to leave ... they right down in the Ledger about the Donkey Wheel Cave and the fact that someone did something in the cave and disappeared ... so Black Rock leaves the Island and whoever left via the Donkey Wheel goes to find the ship again and eventually does and tells them what happened and they write it down in the Ledger ... they have 7 years for all this to happen before the Ledger is found in Madagascar ... I believe it is Black Rock's return to the Island in 1881 that we saw in the season finale ... when Jacob and MM got to the Island I have no idea ... when Richard got there I don't know, but I think maybe Richard was on Black Rock in 1845 and for it's return in 1881.

Last edited by theRealEricRobertson on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:41 pm

more to add :

I think that is how the Donkey Wheel was found in 1845 : they were digging a well and the wall broke thru and they found the Donkey Wheel ... someone got the crazy idea of turning it to see what would happen ... and whoever did vanished ... so they closed the wheel ... I think the time-skips the Losties experienced happened because Ben dislodged the Wheel from it's axis ... this did not happen in 1845 because whoever turned the wheel was strong enough to do it without forcing it or dislodging it ... Ben was not ... he had to use a tool to get it to move ... anyway they filled in the well afterwards so as to keep anyone from going down there ... when they stopped time-skipping in 1974 the well was filled in with rocks.
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:54 pm

this is off subject but is anyone else having a difficult time with this website?
I keep getting kicked off.
4 8 15 16 23 42 enter
Back to top Go down
ksubbanaidu

PostSubject: one and only reethi rah   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:38 am

one and only reethi rah
STD Dating Service

Description: The Alila Villas Hadahaa is situated on a tropical island in the North Huvadhoo Atoll - It is regarded as one of the largest and also deepest natural atolls worldwide, and approx. 400 km to the south from Male international airport. This lush island is covered with tropical flora, palm, coconut and banyan trees. Panoramic views stretch to infinity, fine white beaches complemented by peaceful surroundings. The resort features 50 beach and water villas - some boasting of private pools. Enjoy world-class diving along the untouched coral reefs, Spa by Mandara, 2 Large fresh water pools, Water sports and PADI Diving Centre.

Villas: There are 50 Island and aqua villas, some with private pool. The villa design is open-plan to maximise the space and the views.

16 Island Villas (100 sqm), 20 Island Villas including Pool (120 sqm) and 14 Aqua Villas (110 sqm).

Island Villa
Dotted amongst the natural foliage of the island these are relaxing little havens.

Each villa includes:

- Private deck, bedroom with lounge area.
- Private garden with outdoor shower and bath.
- Natural timber and stone interiors
- Home entertainment system and TV
- Only a few steps to the Ocean.
Back to top Go down
anhkuzit

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 am

post pictures on this page is not it?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia   Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia Empty

Back to top Go down

Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia
Page 1 of 1