The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Categories for Individual Characters...

Go down 
5 posters

Would You Like to See Categories for Individual Characters?
Yes
Categories for Individual Characters... I_vote_lcap42%Categories for Individual Characters... I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
No
Categories for Individual Characters... I_vote_lcap50%Categories for Individual Characters... I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Huh?
Categories for Individual Characters... I_vote_lcap8%Categories for Individual Characters... I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

Categories for Individual Characters... Empty
PostSubject: Categories for Individual Characters...   Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:40 pm

I have heard from some people that searching topics is still not quite as user friendly as they would like. What do you guys think about having individual categories for the most popular characters? Here's what I mean.

In addition to the other categories on the home page (New/Exp Theories, Clues, General etc.) there would be something like the following:

Locke
Jack
Jacob
Walt
Vincent
Juliet

(and the other most popular) Do you like this idea? Cast your vote!!!
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
meggowiggle

PostSubject: Re: Categories for Individual Characters...   Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:40 pm

I voted no.

I've found on other boards these character specific discussions turn into either a cheer squad or a firing squad, and I am personally interested in neither.

I do want to put out there that having separate discussions for each episode would be very useful, especially as we re-watch them over the hiatus. We are always picking up on new details and meanings behind the episode. I do think it is important that once discussion evolves into a theory, the theory should be written over in the theories section for the benefit of everyone. Having some theories under Episodes and some under Theories would be a pain in the butt. If they can all be under Theories, that would rock. Thank you!

Last edited by meggowiggle on Thu May 28, 2009 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Categories for Individual Characters...   Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 4:23 pm

I also voted no just b/c it might make it tooo busy yanno? But trust me im not gonna be butthurt if you do it anyways........honestly it's no biggie either way. I like the episode by episode suggestion, though I don't know how that would work without creating too much business unless you could have like one section with multople subsections? I don't know how to make forums or if that is even an option......so basically what i'm trying to say, is nothing I just said was all the decisive or helpful! Sowwy!
Back to top Go down
Chocohase

PostSubject: Re: Categories for Individual Characters...   Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:21 pm

I voted no because it would probably make it more chaotic. That offcourse depends on what you're planning on posting in these sections. Theories for a specific person or just for example if you like or don't like a certain character, etc.

In the first case it would just get confusing as people will be be unsure about where to post their theory, If it's the latter it would be fine.. But just like meggowiggle says I'm also not interested in that kind off thing, but if some the people here are, it might be interesting to add these catagories.. But I would make it pretty clear to post the theories regarding a person in the theories section. Otherwise it will probably end up becoming one big mess.
Back to top Go down
cabinfever

PostSubject: Re: Categories for Individual Characters...   Categories for Individual Characters... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:18 pm

I vote no as well. First off, this site already kicks ass as it is, and as others have mentioned, I think the episode specific forum is a great idea. I've rewatched the first few episodes of the series, and already I'm picking up on so much I missed the first time around. We've got to do something to keep busy until 2010!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Categories for Individual Characters...   Categories for Individual Characters... Empty

Back to top Go down

Categories for Individual Characters...
Page 1 of 1