The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
 How to become a Professional Poker Player? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
 How to become a Professional Poker Player? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
 How to become a Professional Poker Player? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
 How to become a Professional Poker Player? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
 How to become a Professional Poker Player? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

How to become a Professional Poker Player?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chickengold92

How to become a Professional Poker Player? Empty
PostSubject: How to become a Professional Poker Player?    How to become a Professional Poker Player? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:15 am

Read an article related to this topic and decided to post here. Enjoy reading folks. Very Happy

First of all, become an amateur player. The best way is to start of by playing online, win some tournaments (or cash games if that's your thing). During your time off work, invest some hours playing LIVE poker with some friends, and see how it goes.

There will come a time when you are able to make more money playing cards, than you do in your job. You can then start putting together a bankroll.

The books I've read suggest that before you turn pro you need to have enough money set aside to cover a years worth of living expenses, and you'll also need a bank roll that can survive a few down swings.

But I think the important thing is to establish yourself as a good part time player, while you still have a full time income coming in. I think that unless you are an amazing talent, it is a mistake to just wake up one day and decide to be a professional player.

semi precious stone jewellery
Vibration Plate Hire
Back to top Go down

How to become a Professional Poker Player?
Page 1 of 1