The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
why sun didnt flash EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
why sun didnt flash EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
why sun didnt flash EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
why sun didnt flash EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
why sun didnt flash EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

why sun didnt flash

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
benjacko699

why sun didnt flash Empty
PostSubject: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Its pretty simple.
Who saw the comic con videos through the summer? with kate and hurley right...
both those videos are alternative realities to the one we watched play out. for example , hurley still has mr clucks. kate has killed somebody else instead of her step father (i think it was like that)
anyway, my point is, its clear that if jack etc did land safely in LA, every1 is going to have a change to their story.. including sun... remember how she was going to leave jin stranded at the airport and then chose not too.. well this time she will leave him and jin will travel alone to LA.
as the series progresses our losties will find thier way bk to the island... however, this time sun will not, and this is why she was never flashed, she had to go to the present timeline already or she would never make it back to the island because she didnt get on the plane to LA.

any thoughts? sorry if i havnt worded it that great. its late here.
Back to top Go down
Timfitz42

Timfitz42

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Not bad ... so hard to tell with how confusing things have gotten, but usually theories have a big "YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT ..." that kill them right off. Nothing like that jumps out at me with this theory. Until I hear something better or the show gives a different explanation, your theory is the one I'm going with.
Back to top Go down
Velleri24

Velleri24

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:05 am

Yeah, there is so much to consider when trying to figure out this mystery. I am just as interested in why Frank didn't flash. He was obviously suppose to be there, and the rest of the freighter team flashed with the Losties. The popular belief is that Sun did not re create her circumstances from the original flight, but it just isn't enough for me. I lean more toward your thoughts on this because there has to be more to it then where she sat and who she sat with on an airplane.

Another clue to me is the fact that John is suppose to have been an Other. As far as we know, none of the Others flashed. Juliette flashed because she was marked and had turned from the Others, by blowing up the team of kidnappers to retrieve pregnant woman from the Losties camp, she truly is, no longer an Other. But then why didn't Danniel's science team flash? They were not Others, but were unaffected by the bright light and the sound of the time travel flashes.

It cannot be because they were not on the island when the flashes started, because the 6 were not on the island when it began either. Yet, there is Jack, Kate and company in 1977. Jacob took the time to find and touch Sun. He could have just shook Jin's hand and shook his head or offered a friendly nod to Sun, but he didn't, he was sure to touch her. I am not sure what it means to have been touched by Jacob, but it is easy to conclude that it was to bond them to him in some way.

The only thing I can conclude was Jacob's touch was to change the course of the people he touched, and that might be why we are given the clues the ad's of Hurley's good fortune, and Kate having killed someone besides her dad. He may have changed Sun's decision to leave her husband, and she did walk out of the Sydney airport at 11:15 as planned.
Back to top Go down
benjacko699

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Thankyou Timfitz, appreciate it. It makes sense to me, i dont think it has anything to do with recreating the events of flight 815... maybe it does, but i think team darlton will have a specific reason why sun didnt flash opposed to the others. for me it could be one of two reasons, the reason i first theorized above - because she is this time going to leave jin at the airport.
or perhaps, when reading, and re watching things on lost, i forgot that Suns dad has a relationship with widmore, didnt suns dad help fund the same organisation widmore funds, which obviously funded daniel to gain all his knowledge in physics etc etc..
im wondering, just to throw another train of thought of thier, whether sun never flashed because her father, or her relationship with widmore (both wanting to kill benjamin linus) has anything to do with it? maybe she is a threat to the island, or the island needed her in the present timeline, therefore did not flash her..
id still tend to opt with my first theory, and i apoligise if my second spin on things has already been brought up, but its something else to think about, as im not sure whether or not team darlton will go back and touch on suns dad..
thoughts, as always appreciated
Back to top Go down
Timfitz42

Timfitz42

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:51 pm

One of my older ideas was that anyone who was on the island when Locke turned the wheel, and wasn't in the temple (or had never been in the temple before) flashed through time. However this doesn't explain why Jack, Kate, & Hurley ended up in 1977 and Sun stayed in present day. So I kind of gave up on the idea.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I think Sun didn't flash because she is needed to do something in the current time line that she is in. Everyone's where they should be for a specific reason..and the fact that she's trying to get to her husband is going to make her want to succeed even more.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Jacob puts people where they are needed in order to serve a very specific purpose..so esutt, I like your idea (although the whole she didn't board 815 theory totally makes sense). In 77', Sawyer lays the ground work in order for Jack and those guys to come back, Jules convinces Sawyer to come back and help Jack, eventually leading to her detonating the bomb, Jin is there to find Sayid before Radz kills him, Sayid shoots lil' Ben inadvertantly sending him into the "arms" of the others via Kate, and Jack makes sure Dan's plans are followed accordingly...Miles is there to convince Dr. Chang to get all the ladies and little ones off the island, and Hurley is there to write Return of the Jedi (just kidding, I couldn't think of what he really did)...anyway, so Sun must be in the present to serve a specific purpose there.
DC =P
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why sun didnt flash   why sun didnt flash Empty

Back to top Go down

why sun didnt flash
Page 1 of 1