The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
The NUMBERS. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
The NUMBERS. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
The NUMBERS. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
The NUMBERS. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
The NUMBERS. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

The NUMBERS.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

The NUMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: The NUMBERS.   The NUMBERS. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:41 am

I was just thinking about both the cave scene and the lighthouse scene, in that it provided a little in-sight, in that we can now put names to the numbers. Though other than assigning a name to a number, those scenes really didn't help much in the ways of the numbers themselves.. and so I am still wondering about the numbers. In the lighthouse we can see all the names on a gear that houses the mirror that presumably are the same names in the cave (is that a fair assumption?). Which tells me what? There are/were only 360 candidates? It also seemed as if OUR numbers/LOST buddies are the last candidates to be able to do, whatever it is, Jacob and Flocke need doing. I am pretty sure all the names where crossed out except for OUR six losties.

Now of course labeling them as candidates would seem to imply what you guys have already bought to the table... replacements, i.e. Jack takes Jacob's place and lets say for the lack of a better idea Sayid takes MM's in the event that MM gets his wish to go home. Which by the way I like RogerBeers thought (on another post) on MM's place in time as his home rather than simply leaving the island, and he needs someone to turn the wheel to do so, and although this WAS done when I assume MM was Christian, and got Locke to turn the wheel, I guess we have to assume since Jacob was still alive at that time, the loophole was not complete and MM couldn't leave until Jacob was killed.

Though that still leaves the question of the numbers. TOGETHER the numbers have proven to be of significance. They made Hurley a millionaire. They were branded on the hatch door. They were typed into the computer to contain the electromagnetic deal from going haywire. Etc. It's also obvious that these characters together or alone have all played a significant role in many ways.

But why these six particular numbers? Any thoughts? Because I am not satisfied with just knowing those number correspond to the names, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

The NUMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NUMBERS.   The NUMBERS. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:55 pm

What if the numbers were only MEANT to seem significant? Everyone seems to have some re-occurring thing in their life and we always say "what a coincidence" or "wow, that must mean something". Maybe that's some of the point to LOST - do you look at things as a coincidence or having meaning?
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

The NUMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NUMBERS.   The NUMBERS. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:44 am

I just found something by accident and I don't know what it means but it kinda has the numbers in it.

for the Polynomial : x^4 + 2x^3 + 3x^2 + 4x + 5
the Polynomial discriminant : Δ 10800

I found this accidentally here : http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=x%5E4+%2B+2x%5E3+%2B+3x%5E2+%2B+4x+%2B+5

it contains the sum of the numbers times 100 and the expression follows a regular sequence of construction using simple addition ... the factors go from 1 thru 5 and the exponents of x go from 4 thru 0

I was not looking for the numbers, but when I see them I notice.

A polynomial discriminant is the product of the squares of the differences of the polynomial roots ... which gets me to thinking that any positive whole number has 2 square roots : 1 negative and 1 positive ... this reminds me of this season on LOST where we are seeing 2 very different possible outcomes for Jack and friends ... the square of each outcome is the same, and it is a positive number ...

long story short, no matter when MM does or what Jack and friends do in either possible scenario, the results will be the same and will be positive.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

The NUMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NUMBERS.   The NUMBERS. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 pm

the lost producers didnt make up the numbers. the numbers are part of the valenzetti equation. the valenzetti equation was created about 30 years ago to predict the exact date and time when humanity would distroy itself. i dont know what they have to do with lost mind but thats where the lost producers got them from.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

The NUMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NUMBERS.   The NUMBERS. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:19 pm

the valenzetti equation is fictional ... it is a part of the show ... all references to it will lead you to a LOST-related website.

this wesbsite : http://www.valenzettifoundation.org/ is fictional and is made up by a fan of LOST

Enzo Valenzetti is also fictional ... all yahoo references lead to LOST or the fake valenzettifoundation.org website.

to prove this real we need many references that predate LOST, but there are none, since it is a fiction of the producers.

back to real science ... the Polynomial Discriminant of (x-1)(x+1) is 4
lets make a theory out of that ... 1 is Jacob and x is anyone he touches ... the number 4 is derived from the effect of both possibilities multiplied ... which is what we will see this season : how the possibility with Jacob and the possibility without Jacob mix to produce an end result.

I like to make original theories where I apply the numbers to real math and I know the show will not answer the questions in the form of a mathematical equation ... I am just saying, there can be found some interesting things in real science which involve the numbers .... like the fact that the negative values of the numbers in a certain form show where the Island is supposed to be by both global coordinates and by a comparison of the 3 suspected general locations of Atlantis [or the locations of all 3 Atlantises throughout history]

Last edited by theRealEricRobertson on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

The NUMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NUMBERS.   The NUMBERS. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 pm

more crazy math with the numbers : the angle of e^(8.15162342*i) is almost 108 °

e^(8.16814*i) is the closest to 108 ° using the fewest of the numbers with only 1 extra digit

since the sum of the numbers is 108 and 108's digits adds up to 9
this means that 4815162342 is a multiple of 9 :

535018038 x 9 = 4815162342

89169673 x 54 = 4815162342

9419 x 9467 x 54 = 4815162342

the form of the numbers with all prime factors : 9419 * 9467 * 3^3 * 2 = 4815162342

the digits of 9419 add up to 23
the digits of 9467 add up to 8
3,3, and 2 add up to 8

other calculations involving the numbers and multiples of 9

4815162342/.045 = the number of people that have ever lived
4815162342/.045)/.36 = the number of stars in our galaxy
4815162342/.045/.36/.015 = the number of red blood cells in the human body

4815162342^2 is a lil bit more than 23 billion billion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The NUMBERS. Empty