The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster

Go down 
+3
lostorconfused
theRealEricRobertson
rogersbeer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster Empty
PostSubject: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:12 pm

in the scene that where kate and juliet are hiding in the trees, the smoke monster is right on top of them. then we see a few flashes of white light and the smoke monster rapidly retreats away. i was thinking since kate was there and she was touched by jacob. maybe this is why the monster took off.
smokie saw she was under jacobs protection and then was forced to leave. then it trys to get them again at the barracks, but this time the fence stopped it. i was thinking juliet wasn't touched by jacob so maybe the monster was coming back to try and get her. however, juliet being an other who believes jacob healed her sister might have jacobs protection also.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

yes maybe
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Roger - The smoke monster also stopped and did nothing to Locke (and I believe it was the real Locke). You may be on to something.
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 pm

good thought, but this makes you wonder how far back jacob was planned
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:10 pm

I think that the big picture in LOST was laid out at its inception. Maybe all of the details were not hammered out, but if it was not planned, these writers are VERY talented at tying seemingly unconnected events together.

From the beginning there were countless backgammon references, black & white references, adam & eve from the cave, the disappearance of Christian's body from the closed casket (which I assume will be explained), random occurances with smokey that seemed to lay track for future events, the black rock.... the list goes on and on.

I think that Jacob has been part of the plan from the beginning. You just can NOT make a show like this without an ultimate plan. This show would have tanked in season two had there not been developments that deviated from the castaway angle. This show's producers know that.

These guys got chops. Check out Cloverfield... or Star trek...
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Sniphneris - Agree. There has to be a fairly simple "backbone" or base to the overall story and then great writers etc to fill it all in and tie it together. I have heard they have a guy dedicated to reviewing episodes to make sure there are no inconsistencies and the tie-ins etc "work" so the base story is not altered. I think the opening scene of the final S5 episode tells us the base story - 2 differering opinions on mankinds ability to survive or self destruct. It's a story of human nature. So yes, I would say that Jacob and MM have been in the writer's story since Episode 1.
Back to top Go down
IamtheKnight

IamtheKnight

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 4:24 am

Sniphneris and Lostorconfused, tv shows have what they call "bibles" usually written by the creators that give an outline of what they want to happen in the show as well as characters and their backgrounds, locations and how they fit into the story, and so forth like that so there can be continuity as writers come and go throughout the life of the series. Not everything is totally ironed out to give the writers some leeway of course, and to make room for "contract disputes" and so forth, but the important stuff is there.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:08 am

sniphneris wrote:
I think that the big picture in LOST was laid out at its inception. Maybe all of the details were not hammered out, but if it was not planned, these writers are VERY talented at tying seemingly unconnected events together.

From the beginning there were countless backgammon references, black & white references, adam & eve from the cave, the disappearance of Christian's body from the closed casket (which I assume will be explained), random occurances with smokey that seemed to lay track for future events, the black rock.... the list goes on and on.

I think that Jacob has been part of the plan from the beginning. You just can NOT make a show like this without an ultimate plan. This show would have tanked in season two had there not been developments that deviated from the castaway angle. This show's producers know that.

These guys got chops. Check out Cloverfield... or Star trek...

I'm with you snip..they planned it out real well.. and i believe they knew almost all of it from the get go just like they said they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster   kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster Empty

Back to top Go down

kate and juliet vs. the smoke monster
Page 1 of 1