The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.

Go down 
+2
Conway Boi
Frogs and Logs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. Empty
PostSubject: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:05 pm

I think the mystery man created the Time Machine/Donkey Wheel.

First lets look at what we know or rather what we don't know. Jacob and MM seem to be the earliest inhabitants on the island. We don't know if they arrived there from another space and/or time or if they have always been on the island since the dawn of the universe. Since we don't know this we can only come to the conclusion that the temple and statue could have been built before them or while they both were already on island. We DO know that Jacob and MM, at least MM, is angry with his counter part and so much so that MM wants to kill Jacob. Though we don't know why, only that he does, but can not do this himself, hence MM needs his loophole.. On that note and off the subject a little.. Has anybody thought to ask WHY can the MM not kill Jacob himself? My imagination can only think you can't physically kill anything unless you have a physical body to use to do so in the first place, hence the need for ben to meet Jacob with fake Locke.... I'll have to think about that some more.. It doesn't add up neatly.. Anyway back to my original theory. So MM needs his loophole. In order to get his wish in killing jacob the loophole requires that he uses time as a tool.. So he digs a well and builds a time machine. Now, I don't think who ever built the statue and temple built the time machine/Donkey Wheel because, why are not the walls smoothe and studed out with hierogylphics. The place looked like a cave carved out by a crew of one. Someone focused on function rather than form. why use a donkey wheel to use as a lever?.. Why the hell not?.. Probablly lifted it off the BlackRock, because before dhrama rolled up it seems, resourses were thin. And for all we know, you don't need fancy doo-dads and computerized thing-ama-gigs to travel through time.. you simply need the knowledge to contain the energy that provides you with the means to time travel. So the energy was down there in the first place.. so what does MM do.. digs a well, whittles himself a few wooden gears and BOO-YAH he got his time machine.. the tool he needs in order to fully realize his plan to turn jacob into dust in the wind. This theory would also help support the thoughts that Jacob and MM could be from the future, or are ageless and have lived from the universe's dawn to dusk and have the knowledge of the inner workings of time travel. Anyhow, I will stop here before I start going off on tangents.. Thoughts please?
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Also, MM didn't want people coming to the island. What better way to keep people away than to build a machine that moves the island through space and time.
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:39 pm

i think they both had phisical presences at the start of the finale of series 6. why else would jacob b eating a fish and offer some of it to mysterion (thats my name for him )

Last edited by Conway Boi on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:53 pm

nice thread.i like your questions.i think you asked the right ones.Let me add to this by saying that hawkign mentioned that there were many of these pockets scattered all over the world and that the clever fellows who founded Dharma were only concerned with this one..So does that mean that there are potentially many wormholes like the one that exits in Tunisia? And what is special about this one on the island? Is that the only one that contains exotic matter? I explained MMs loophole with my possession/resurrection/reincarnation theory.I was thinking that he and Jacob have the same relationaship as Ben and Widmore.They cannot kill each other because an Other cannot kill another Other.Remember Juliet's mark for killing Pickett? Well if an Other kills one of their own the other Others(lol) will swarm to that person and kill them.But I'm thinking it's not going to be a logical explanation, rather it will originate from an ancient curse or soemthing....
Back to top Go down
IamtheKnight

IamtheKnight

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:15 am

One (albeit small) problem I see with this theory is that the donkey wheel was there before the well was. Remember, Locke went down the well to get to the wheel, then FLASH! there's the wheel, but the well hadn't been dug yet.

I'm calling it a "problem" because you keep saying he dug the well, then built the time machine and put the donkey wheel in place. There could easily be another entrance to the cavern where the wheel is. Either nobody found it when Dharma got there or there was a cave in or something that blocked it.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Yes, Knight you are correct. Sawyer above ground with miles and the rest of them, Locke stuck in the Donkey Wheel cave with no way to climb out of the well because it wasn't there.. Another entrance would have had to be there..

Since writing this post I have also wondered if Jacob may have built it. I can't think of a REAL reason why. I don't think the donkey wheel is a Time Machine in the ways people generally think of time machines.. but I wonder what other way he gets off the island to meet Jack, Hurley, Jin&sun, Locke.. except the coordinates. Also, he visited them at different points in time.. Jin&Sun after they got married, Hurley right before flight 316, Locke when he broke his back, etc.. I don't think the DW gives you the option of when you would like to go, it seems you just get dropped out in the dessert.. That leads me to believe that Jacob knew of these things before they happened.. Another reason to believe they are from the future? Maybe. I have said before that it could be that Jacob and the Mysterion [as Conway Boi likes to put it] could have been sentenced there for something they have done [in the future?] like, [the end of the world... aka... it only ends once]... and for that act against the human race, they were sent back to the beginning of time... or at least maybe Mysterion Man ended the world and was punished for it, and Jacob went back to make sure he didn't do it again?.. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:33 pm

the Donkey Wheel was there in ancient times .... long before Black Rock days ... there are ancient hieroglyphics in the Donkey Wheel cave that would make one suspect that the Wheel has been there thousands of years
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks RealER. I didn't recall seeing hieroglys' in the DW cave. It still could be that Mysterion Man built it. We have seen Jacob working on his blanket thing with symbols on it and what not.
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:05 am

just one problem frogs and logs, if they ended the world, who would sent them back as punishment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.   MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel. Empty

Back to top Go down

MM & his Black Rock donkey wheel.
Page 1 of 1