The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
esutt83101

esutt83101

New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc Empty
PostSubject: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi all,
This is what I think. New Ajira flight scene will change depending on what the Losties do on the island. Notice the island is underwater due to Jughead explosion, on the plane, almost the same people are there, with the exception of Shannon (not there) and Desmond (being there)So, here goes. Everything that a person who is being judged on the island does, effects what we will see in the future episodes. Events will change. I don't know if anyone noticed, but in ep 3, the scene with Kate, Claire and the cab driver changed slightly. I also think that because Kate had been running away from things all her life, her decision to go back to island to save Claire and reunite them caused her to go back for Claire off island. This in turn, I believe helps Claire to decide to keep her baby. Ok, this is a long shot, but, the reason why Shannon was not on the plane was because she and her brother Boone already resolved their issues on the island. She wanted love, found it with Sayid. Boone knew he had to let her go too, so he resolved his issues with her. ( they were a little too close IMO). That is why he left her in Austrailia, the issue had been resolved on the island. So getting back to my original statement, I believe as the losties redeem themselves on the island, each flash sideways will have major and minor changes.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I think Desmond wasn't there ... only Jack saw him for a minute and they has a very surreal conversation and then he was gone. It is an imagination of Jack.

the events we see off Island happen before the events on Island. the Island events cannot influence things that happen before the crash if flight 815, unless these new off Island events are just hallucinations, or just possibilities.

there will be no Ajira flight to the Island ... the Island is underwater since 1977.

these 2 stories we are seeing are 2 possibilities that have nothing to do with each other ... yet.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:35 pm

what do you mean the scene changed slightly?
the scene was reshot for epi 3 so it is gonna be different ... this is not something important to worry about ... if we did that then we are just going back to trying to figure out why people's hair looks a certain way or did someone's eye color change and what does that mean ... trivial stuff that is a part of the flaws of TV production ... like if we were to wonder where the background music comes from and how it fits into the story ... some things (like background music) are just narrative devises. And Walt aging faster than normal is the consequence of the reckless, random producers hiring a kid to play a role that takes place over 108 days, yet takes 5 years to film ... it is the fault of the producers for jumping into a project that has no plan except to be mysterious and not considering the possible complications. they could have juts had the show run in real time and that would have solved the problem.

lots of the things we see on LOST are the outcome of bad planning and no planning and budget limitations.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Therealeric,

Let's be realistic here, why would the producers reshoot that scene? They could have just used the original one if nothing had changed.

The events that are happening off the island are happening in conjunction with the events that are happening on the island now. They are trying to show how the initial jug-head detonation has affected each reality. Hence, island underwater. Certain people missing from new non crashing ajira flight etc.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 pm

they shoot episodes one at a time.
when they re-shoot a scene they do it with emphasis on the important points of the scene.
it was all about Kate in the season premier ... for episode 3 is was about Kate and Claire so they changed the focus ...

I have a poor memory, so if something was different I did not notice ... I never notice these things.

the events off Island are happening so far in Sept 2004 .... the events on the Island are happening in 2007 and if they were affected by the 2004 scenario they would not be happening at all because the Island has been underwater since the H-bomb blew up in 1977.

Either the off Island scenes are not real or the on island scenes are not real.

Kate is recognizing people she was on the plane ... whether she is aware of the other reality or not has yet to be proven ... I think she isn't ... Kate is all about Kate.

the Ajira flight is in 2007 in the off Island scenes ... 3 years in the future and we have no knowledge of what will happen.

it is more important the fact that Ethan is alive and is a doctor and knows nothing of the Island.

we do not know what they are trying to show us. we can guess at it, but we don't know yet.

TV shows are written one episode at a time with a general idea of the seasonal story arc [if there is one]
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 pm

your're wrong
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 pm

we shall see
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm confused by which flight you are talking about to begin with. The flash sideways (as they are calling it now) is on Oceanic flight (maybe 815) not Ajira. And this Flight looks like it is 2004. The island scenes are now 2007. I'm leaning towards the theory that some time this season the losties will be able to reset time and go back to 2004, which will be all the flash sideways stuff we are seeing.
So long story shorten- the 2007 events are not changing the events of 2004, so I agree with Eric. The only event that changes things is when they hit the reset button.(Whatever that turns out to be)
Ethan in the sideways time line was probably taken off the island in 1977 then after this the island sinks, that's why it is underwater, He grows up to be a Doctor and his name is godspeed because Horace was his father. In season 1 his name is Rom, he must have changed it when he joined the others (for unknown reasons) bom
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:19 am

Ethan was on the sub which was leaving the Island along with most everyone, except Dr. Chang and the security team and our Losties and the Others.
Ethan used a fake last name as an Other to hide his identity as a child of DHARMA parents.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 am

Ajira flight is in 2007 and does not enter into the 2004 flashsideways.

it is cool that ABC is calling it a flashsideways, which backs up the theory of sideways time [which is referred to in the recent film "Land of the Lost"] time is multidimensional ... it runs forward, backward and sideways, as if it were 3 dimensional ... something I have been talking about for a few years and which most everyone has ignored [because I said it] and now is a popular idea and everyone is talking about it. it would be so much easier if everyone would just give up and listen to me and believe me on the subject of space-time and the quantum qualities of the Island.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Vincent, I don't think they're going for just a reset.... It's so much more than that. They're looking at redemption and perhaps life changing events. Let's face it, all their lives sucked before the flight. Jack-alcholic who thinks he can fix everything and everyone, Kate-jail and always on the run, Claire-unwed and preggy giving up baby (until now that Kate changed it) Sayid-major killer, Sawyer-conman who cannot forgive or forget, charlie, drug addict. Ok I'll stop but I could go on for quite a bit of time. Anyway, the whole purpose of the show is not to get from a to b and back again, but rather to allow these losties to make changes in their lives and redeem themselves. As time passes, they become aware of their problems and make changes in their lives. As they do this, their present off island experiences change. This is why I think that it is not just a reset. Kate going back to look for Claire proves that, she stopped running and tried to help someone else. Her actions on the island, affected her actions off the island.
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Jack and Des met at the stadium, Jack caught on when he called him brother like in the hatch. heres a thought tho, if the bomb went off and sunk the island does that mean widmore, richard etc are all dead??. somehow ethan got off???. its all so ¡¡¡ƃuısnɟuoɔ
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Ethan left on the sub with his father Horace Goodspeed and the rest of those that left on the sub [ like Charlotte and baby Miles, etc ]
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:00 pm

horace stayed and died in the purge and ethan became one of the others so he didnt go. everyrthing up untill juliete hit the bomb happened exactly the same on both timelines.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 pm

the Purge was about 12 years after the Incident.
Juliet met Ethan for the first time off Island when she was being recruited ... remember?

In our previous timeline, even if the H-bomb did not blow up the Island, there was a dozen years for Horace to come and go from the Island ... there was an Incident in the previous timeline and we know Charlotte left and baby Miles left ... all of Dharma left the Island ... but just if the H-bomb did not blow up then they returned to the Island later.

If it did and it sunk the Island then they did not return.

After the Purge Richard and Ethan were off Island at different times.

Just if the Island is sunk in 2004 in the new timeline then Ethan needs to be somewhere.

If the Island sinks in 1977 there is no Purge. There is also no Others and no Ben.

If the bomb sinks the Island and Jack and friends arrive in LA then Sayid does not go back to the Island and shoot Ben, so Ben does not become an Other.

In fact Jack and friends never go to the Island so there is no Purge because Ben is not shot and does not become an Other and Locke does not go skipping thru time and Daniel neither so the H-bomb is left on the Island to poison the Others and eventually kill them all that way probably .... everything that happens after 1954 changes if they do not go to the Island in 2003, which stops the event from happening that stops them from going to the Island.

whatever happens to everything that comes before causes the Island to end up sunk.

if the H-Bomb is not buried in 1954 DHARMA might deal with it themselves ... the Others might be all dead from the radiation by the time DHARMA finds the Island ... if that is so Ethan cannot become an Other because there are no Others ... only Jacob and MM on the Island besides DHARMA ....
this means there will be a different kind of Incident in 1977 which may lead to Desmond being in the Hatch and causing Flight 815 to crash sending everyone back to where they were when the show started.

so probably the H-bomb blowing up did not sink the Island and what we are seeing in the flashsideways is nothing more than a hallucination.

Logical with all things considered it is either a self-nullifying alternate possibility that has no effect on the other timeline ... or it is not real at all.

either way Jack and friends will end up back on the Island in 2007.

long story short if the H-bomb sinks the Island then the H-bomb cannot sink the Island because it changes things and prevents the people from coming to the Island that cause it to be blown up at the Incident. Also the life of Daniel Faraday will be altered significantly.

maybe the H-bomb blowing up does nothing because the H-bomb blowing up in 1977 causes it to not be buried in 1954 and maybe DHARMA keeps the H-bomb locked up in a lead-lined vault on the Island somewhere and sometime after 1977 something else happens which causes the Island to be sunk in 2003.

there will be no moving of the Island probably at all and Charles Widmore might even die on the Island and Daniel might not even be born ... it can get very complicated.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:37 pm

vincent fan- sorry i meant oceanic flight not ajira, my mistake
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:36 pm

i get what your saying, the purge was 12 years after the incident, but surley the sub that sawyer, kate and juliete left on was the last one before the bomb went off and horace wasnt on that sub meaning he was on the island when the bomb went off. i'm not sure about ethan maybe he got off the island with his mum but i'm 99.9% sure horace was on the island when the bomb went off.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Ethan was on the sub with his Mom. all the children were on the sub.
it really doesn't matter where Horace is, cuz Horace is dead by the time of the Purge, regardless of which timeline we are in.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:25 pm

If Sawyer doesn't intervene, Ethan's mother will be shot by the Others, so Ethan will never be born. This implies that the radiation leaking from the bomb will kill all the Others by the time DHARMA arrives on the Island. DHARMA will then deal with the bomb and the Incident will happen but there will be no bomb blowing up and the Incident will not sink the Island. There will be no Purge and Ethan will end up leaving the Island to be a doctor off Island and the Island will sink sometime later than 1977 so Ethan will not return to the Island.

In the original timeline Ethan leaves the Island to become a doctor, then begins working for Richard and returns to the Island at some point prior to 2003.
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:58 pm

when jack saves charlie he alters new timeline or new timeline will have everyone end up at island somehow or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc   New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ajira Flight, underwater island etc
Page 1 of 1