The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Why MIB can not leave the island

Go down 
+2
Conway Boi
notjustfor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
notjustfor

Why MIB can not leave the island Empty
PostSubject: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:53 am

I was watched the Inciident Parts 1 and 2 again. I have a theory now on why the MIB can not leave the island. He was touched by Jacob. The one thing we know about the island is that it has a high electro-magnetic force. This force is what causes everyone who is touched to be consumed with getting to the island. Jacob touches someone is like attaching a piece of metal to them. That is why Charles Whitmore can not get the island out of his mind. It also explains why the 6 needed to get back.

The MIB needs those who also have the "metal" in them and can be pulled along like a current. So if they leave he can tag along. Else the current will pull him back.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:58 am

i think he cant leave as long as there is a jacob/leader on the island. jacobs death means one of the candidates has taken his place. since there are 5 candidates and the replacement dosent know who they are the best thing to do would be to either kill them or remove them from the island. remember MM and jacobs conversation when he said he will kill jacob then jacob said someone will take his place so MM sais that he will kill them to so i wouldnt rule out him trying to kill all the candidates when he has them all in 1 place.
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 pm

i think he got off the island when it sunk
that is why everyone is in a weird life kinda like the matrix.
jacob told richard that the island was like a quark hold evil in a bottle
what if the bomb blew the quark off allowing for the imaginary timeline to exist.
a world where the mm is free.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I think MM was banished to the island for whatever evil he may or may not have been guilty of in the real world. Jacob just followed some higher instructions to keep him there...he already told Richard that he cannot absolve anyone of their sins, but he can grant them eternal life. Maybe MM was granted the same gift as Richard.

DC
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 am

In Richards back story MM told Richard that the devil betrayed him and took his body and his humanity. Heres what i think. Now I still dont think the black smoke can kill innocent people. Thats why Ben said he had to see the monster to be judged and thats why the monster couldnt kill Jacob because Jacob had no sins to answer for. What if when he was human on the island Jacob offered MM the job of "judge" on the island promising him power and he accepted only to later find out that as a conciquence he loses his humanity, will live forever and is trapped on the island.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Conway, I like your theory...the impression I got is that Jacob asks different people to do different jobs & in exchange, he gives them a gift. Maybe MM's gift is eternal life in exchange for serving as a judge on the island. He must have decided later that he didn't like his job or gift and just wants to go home...I just wonder why we still don't know his name.
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
ladyfirst2010

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:43 am

Conway Boi wrote:
i think he cant leave as long as there is a jacob/leader on the island. jacobs death means one of the candidates has taken his place. since there are 5 candidates and the replacement dosent know who they are the best thing to do would be to either kill them or remove them from the island. remember MM and jacobs conversation when he said he will kill jacob then jacob said someone will take his place so MM sais that he will kill them to so i wouldnt rule out him trying to kill all the candidates when he has them all in 1 place.

I agree with you
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm

we will find out today on the show the deal with MM.

I think he might be Jacob's father .... but for sure I know MM and Jacob were shipwrecked on the Island together ... and they were not the first .... Jacob was just a boy when he arrived ... MM was older ... Jacob was chosen to be the new Jacob of the Island [a job MM wants, so he tries to get the candidates to kill each other]

MM is jealous that Jacob was chosen ... MM wants everyone off the Island.

but I think MM and Jacob arrived at the same time on the Island. that's all I know.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why MIB can not leave the island   Why MIB can not leave the island Empty

Back to top Go down

Why MIB can not leave the island
Page 1 of 1