The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

MM is Smokie is the Island god.

Go down 
+2
lostorconfused
LostINZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LostINZ

LostINZ

MM is Smokie is the Island god. Empty
PostSubject: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 am

I think Mystery Man is a manifestation of Smokie.Why? Because Smokie(acting as Alex) commanded Ben to listen to Locke.Ben doesn't even know what Smokie is.He just obeys it.Smokie cannot mimic living people.Locke is dead.We see that Locke himself is not really special-Ben just used him as proxy for Christian's dead body.MM, posing as Locke, also told Richard to tell Locke that he has to die.This is how MM gained an opening for himself afro Ben believed this also after Locke told him.

Then Mm made Ben believe that Jacob was to blame for his misery.It was a brilliant plan.The Loophole was finding someone influencial to die so he could mimic them.Jacob and MM cannot kill each other-the same way that Widmore and Ben cannot kill each other.So MM needed to mimic someone influencial enough to make Ben or someone kill Jacob himself.It was about manipulation.Remember how Locke always has this hang-up about "why me?" It started when Eddy picked on him to use in order to bust the drug hippies.Locke wanted to know why him.Eddy replied "because our profile of you said you were most amenable to coercion".Then he kept asking why Cooper kept conning him...MM knew this and chose his vicitim well.

Smokie is just one power that the Island god possesses.Jacob is in opposition to the Island god.MM IS the Island god. geek
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:05 pm

LostINZ - Like your thouights etc from the "other forum". I think that MM did manifest himself as Smokie but ONLY for the judgement of Ben. How else would Smokies instructions fit in so well with MM master scheme? I like the Locke analysis also. I believe that Jacob gets to "pick" who comes (as in "You brought them here" - says MM) but MM gets to set up the environment, as long as he does not make himself known to anyone. Hence MM does pick Locke for his ultimate manipulation and relies on Ben (unknown to Ben, I believe) to help it along sinc Ben is a master manipulator himself.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:22 pm

I think MM is it's actual form and MM is able to manifest himself as Smokie or anybody he desires such as, Alex & Locke.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:40 pm

i am stuck on thinking the smoke monster is a nano-bot thing-ama-gig created by MM or Jacob [most likely MM] from the EM energy that was released by the incident to use as a tool to scan human memory.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Good one F&L! Hey, how can I upload a pic to my profile. I just don't see the option on my profile, what am I missing?
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:15 pm

i like your posting on the higher entities coming in season six.. as for the putting a picture by your name.. i had to ask someone how to do it. click the user control panel then underneath that line of buttons.. you'll see. in small text a few things you can press... one is called avatar.. click that small text/button. and then read the limits of what you can post as a pick.. i think it's like 150-200 pixels 60mb or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

the higher entities comment was on walrus's post.. i got confused as to which post i was typing on when typing you that comment. sorry for interrupting this post.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 pm

It's okay, thanks for the avatar info. I believe the comment on the higher entities was mine too. It's all good...
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 5:44 pm

I don't think MM manifested as smokie at Ben's judgement. I think Smokie left and MM took on the appearance of Alex. I don't think Smokie can tell people what to do. I think that MM, appearing as Locke, took Ben to be judged. He kinda dropped Ben off, remember, he left and we didn't see him. Then MM manifested himself as ALex, to give orders to Ben, by telling him to do whatever Locke says. OK, "Alex" disappears (aka Smokie) and then Locke turns up. definitely think that Smokie is the judge, jury and executioner and MM was taking on the appearance of Alex and Locke.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 pm

There are at least three entities of note on the island. Jacob, MM, and the smoke manifestation.

The smoke (monster), I believe is an umpire for the other two, to keep everything fair. I have heard that smokey's name is Cerebus, who guards he entrance to the underworld. What is interesting to me is that the large statue on the island is that of Taweret, who guards the entrance to the afterlife as well as being the goddess/demoness of fertility. I dont know how it fits, but it definitely does...
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:34 pm

esutt and sniphneris i agree 100% on both your comments.. regarding the smoke monster being a ref/judge of sorts.. or at the very least a means to extract the life memories/being of the people and then MM and Jacob can do what they please? maybe.. but i am convinced that alex was the MM.. otherwise.. it would be Jacob to fool ben into stabbing him to let MM aka locke think.. Ben was on his side.. sort of a fools mate move if you want to call it that... like hey, where is what you can do with this piece, knowing full well that the piece is yours.. not the best analogy... but i don't think Jacob needs that kind of power as it seems he is trying to show MM that humans can be good without the aid... for the lack of better words. also remember guys and gals.. what we believe to be something [statue is Taweret] may not be the case.. as the writers have used many names and references but they don't really add up to anything we can read up on... richard alpert and etc.... is just a name they used. i believe they do have some meaning... but it doesn't mean what we see and hear is what we get.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Well... The point you made about Richard Alpert's name being seemingly meaningless, it is on the surface, but what are his initials? RA... As in the Eye of Ra at the top of the tapestry which Jacob wove.

Also, everything i've read about Taweret says that the Egyptians and Greeks were unsure of her moral alignment. Demoness? Goddess? that so fits in the ambiguity of the LOST universe.

Trust me. Names are important here.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:47 pm

snipheris, it's funny you caught onto the RA intials for the sun god Ra. I thought that too. And... When Jacob was weaving the tapestry, it reminded me of the Fates, spinning the strings of life.
Tapestry picture that Jacob was weaving also reminded me of the ark of the Covenant, the piece on the top. All aspects of Religion seem to be inspired in Lost as well as Egyptian and Greek Mythology
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Frogs and Logs, I know, every time I thin I have the show figured out, something else happens that blows my theory out of the water.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: I agree   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 am

lostorconfused wrote:
LostINZ - Like your thouights etc from the "other forum". I think that MM did manifest himself as Smokie but ONLY for the judgement of Ben. How else would Smokies instructions fit in so well with MM master scheme? I like the Locke analysis also. I believe that Jacob gets to "pick" who comes (as in "You brought them here" - says MM) but MM gets to set up the environment, as long as he does not make himself known to anyone. Hence MM does pick Locke for his ultimate manipulation and relies on Ben (unknown to Ben, I believe) to help it along sinc Ben is a master manipulator himself.
<<<<<nice addition
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:45 am

Frogs and Logs wrote:
i am stuck on thinking the smoke monster is a nano-bot thing-ama-gig created by MM or Jacob [most likely MM] from the EM energy that was released by the incident to use as a tool to scan human memory.
<<a lot of people thought that, me included.But Cuse debunked that.He said Smokie is not nanobots.I'll find the quote if you like..
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: el gucho es mio   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:49 am

mujerperdida wrote:
I think MM is it's actual form and MM is able to manifest himself as Smokie or anybody he desires such as, Alex & Locke.
<<<<I believe that Smokie and the various other manifestations come from the Island god.Smokie is the Island god's hands.in fact literally Smokie has made the shape of a fist in the Rousseau science team episode remember that? Love your name mujerperdida-lost woman-and your avatar rocks also!!
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:57 am

esutt83101 wrote:
I don't think MM manifested as smokie at Ben's judgement. I think Smokie left and MM took on the appearance of Alex. I don't think Smokie can tell people what to do. I think that MM, appearing as Locke, took Ben to be judged. He kinda dropped Ben off, remember, he left and we didn't see him. Then MM manifested himself as ALex, to give orders to Ben, by telling him to do whatever Locke says. OK, "Alex" disappears (aka Smokie) and then Locke turns up. definitely think that Smokie is the judge, jury and executioner and MM was taking on the appearance of Alex and Locke.
<<< definite possibility.The only reason why I haven't worked on that angle is because it opens up too many possibilities in the story.TPTB could too easily explain away any manifestation as not really being one thing but it was a another.However, this hasn't stopped them in the past-especially this season.If Alex was a manifestation of MM, then this really does become a fruit salad-we then have to guess who was MM and who was Smokie, and who was a ghost, and who was a possessed or resurrected/reincarnated being.Hang on, isn't it like that anyway? lol
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:00 am

Frogs and Logs wrote:
the higher entities comment was on walrus's post.. i got confused as to which post i was typing on when typing you that comment. sorry for interrupting this post.
<<I do have a higher entites post on the old forum which I might re-post here..
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:10 am

sniphneris wrote:
There are at least three entities of note on the island. Jacob, MM, and the smoke manifestation.

The smoke (monster), I believe is an umpire for the other two, to keep everything fair. I have heard that smokey's name is Cerebus, who guards he entrance to the underworld. What is interesting to me is that the large statue on the island is that of Taweret, who guards the entrance to the afterlife as well as being the goddess/demoness of fertility. I dont know how it fits, but it definitely does...
<<<<Awesome thoughts-Smokie as an umpire..that's inspired.In fact I'll post my Black n white stones thread from the other forum.It talks about the stones being like the Urim and Thummim-the black stone was to indicate bad, the white, good.The user would judge people using the stones and would make lists of people and eventually narrow the list down until he had sifted out the bad people, before killing them.....
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:24 am

sniphneris wrote:
Well... The point you made about Richard Alpert's name being seemingly meaningless, it is on the surface, but what are his initials? RA... As in the Eye of Ra at the top of the tapestry which Jacob wove.

Also, everything i've read about Taweret says that the Egyptians and Greeks were unsure of her moral alignment. Demoness? Goddess? that so fits in the ambiguity of the LOST universe.

Trust me. Names are important here.
<<< I think the reason people say names are not important is because of the Life of Jeremy Bentham episode where Widmore said to Locke that his parents had a sense of humour when they named him so why can't he(in giving him the cover name of Jeremy Bentham).I don't know if names will have any more significance than to signpost famous figures whose theories are used in Lost, e.g. Stephen Hawking and Daniel Faraday, George Minkowski, Ernest Rutherford-all physicists.Richard Alpert, a real-life phylosopher.as were David Hume, and Rousseau.it would be trippy if Alpert's name had a double name-sake (RA).Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MM is Smokie is the Island god.   MM is Smokie is the Island god. Empty

Back to top Go down

MM is Smokie is the Island god.
Page 1 of 1