The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Idea about Libby EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Idea about Libby EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Idea about Libby EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Idea about Libby EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Idea about Libby EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Idea about Libby

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
meggowiggle

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:50 am

A thread on ABC's general board got me thinking about AJ and his manifestations as other people. Surely some of these manifestations at this point are still under our radar... people who we think are "real" right now might not be.

This led me to examine all of our characters, and my mind set upon Libby. We see in a flashback that she is responsible for giving Desmond the boat that carries him to the Island. On the Island, she is kind and positive, and welcomes Hurley's fancy. But then, at the very end of "Dave", we learn that she was a fellow mental patient in Hurley's mental hospital! Huh??! I can't remember where I read this, but the producers have said her story is "closed", but this does not mean we can not make sense out of that scene using what we know.

So what do we know? The Adversary was able to personify Locke (though his actual body remained dead) to kill Jacob. If the Adversary was able to use Locke in this way, he was likely the one who used all the other characters who just "showed up"-- though they were dead or in a far away location.

I propose that the only real Libby we saw was the Libby in the mental institution. While all of the events on the Island are taking place, Libby is STILL in the mental institution, and that is where she will be when the story of the Island ends. It is the Adversary who gave Desmond the boat to get to the Island, and it is the Adversary who welcomes Hurley's interest. Why would the Adversary go to such lengths? To screw with people for his own ends of course, in this case, Hurley.

I think Libby's void mind could be the reason she, of all people was handpicked... OR... Libby's residence there could be the result of being used (the Adversary snatched her mind). It is hard to say why anyone would be used in this way, though.

Or... it could be the same scenario but with the opposite occurring. Maybe it it isn't the Adversary who is personifying Libby, but JACOB. Wasn't it Dave (who I am much more certain was the Adversary) who was trying convince Hurley that this must all be in his head because he could never score a girl like Libby? Hurley seemed to be pulled in two different directions--- one he was comfortable with and seemed "good" (Libby) and one who put him on edge and seemed "bad" (Dave)
What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Very unique theory on Libby. I like the suggestion that libby is still in the mental institution. It's still hard to fully believe your entire theory, for the fact that up until now, we still don't have any proof that the people off the island are not whom they say they are. We have seen people on the island who we know not to be there. So in saying, the Libby on the island, is not really Libby could be possible.., and the idea of Libby and Dave being Jacob and the Mystery Man is interesting as well. My only thought on that is, WHY? Why play with Hurley's emotions to either get him to kill himself or save him from jumping off the cliff? The only purpose I can come up with would be to use Hurley's body. Or maybe the fact that he can see dead people might be used against whichever side was trying to get him to kill himself, therefore by getting rid of him that power may be used.., but why do that and have that power, when when it seems it might be the Mystery Man or whoever in the first place, being the dead people.. Are my thoughts coming out clear?
Back to top Go down
meggowiggle

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:00 pm

Yes you are clear. I agree that is this is only a possibility and that we haven't seen enough proof. Just because a character is mysterious, doesn't mean they are not who we think they are. This was just an idea, a hunch.

You asked, why Hurley? Out of all the Losties, Hurley is one of the more innocent characters. He has a strong moral compass and appears to see right through lies. He also has very special abilities that Jacob assured were not in his head--- he can see AND talk to the dead. Because he is morally undaunted and because he has been gifted, he will be a key player on the "good" side and a prime target to be ousted. This is why I think Libby (and Dave) are used to break him down. Used Libby to build him up high and use Dave crash him down hard and confuse the heck out him.
Back to top Go down
Velleri24

Velleri24

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:45 pm

I have always believed that Libby is a "recruiter" to get certain people on their path to the island. I believe her to be one of many, like Richard Malkin and Abaddon and others. There probably is no more to learn about her or any of the others who had their hand in getting their target on the path to the island. Perhaps the story will refer to these people without actually giving any real back story to the characters, other then they were put up to their activities, like giving away boats or finding a lovely couple in LA to adopt Claire's baby.
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 am

cool theory.
dave had to be the mystery guy. he was trying to get hurley to escape before he got the numbers that would bring him to the island. once on the island, mystery guy resumed his role as dave to try and stop hurley. hurley is going to save them all. he'll probably use a DI van. those things run forever.
Back to top Go down
meggowiggle

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Velleri24 wrote:
I have always believed that Libby is a "recruiter" to get certain people on their path to the island. I believe her to be one of many, like Richard Malkin and Abaddon and others. There probably is no more to learn about her or any of the others who had their hand in getting their target on the path to the island. Perhaps the story will refer to these people without actually giving any real back story to the characters, other then they were put up to their activities, like giving away boats or finding a lovely couple in LA to adopt Claire's baby.

Velleri, I understand what you are saying and I think it is a possibility. What seems to throw a wrench in it for me is the mental institution scene. If there "is no more to learn about her" than any other recruiter, then why would they show that scene? They could have just shown Libby helping these people and that's it. D & C have said the Libby story is "done" since the actress got a DUI, but before this happened they left Libby's story line open for more divulgement.

If she is who she seems, then there is an cavernous gap between her pitiful existence in that hospital and her sane participation in Island-doings. I wish we could know more Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea about Libby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea about Libby   Idea about Libby Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea about Libby
Page 1 of 1