The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

A wild idea about Richar not aging

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

A wild idea about Richar not aging Empty
PostSubject: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Ok, how about this....Richard says, "Jacob made me this way" when asked about not aging by FLocke (MM). So, was MM truly wondering about Richard's agelessness and did not know the answer? I think yes. The last time we see MM & Jacob together is watching the Blackrock. So, the ship ends up on the island and Richard dies. Jacob takes over Richard's body (in a similar way MM took over Lockes) to track MM's loophole planning. That's why Richard does not age - he is really Jacob. Ilana has the secret phrase to find out who Jacob is "in", only knowing his name is Richard. He tells her that he will be in a different form when he visits her and they agree on that secret question and answer. Ben never saw Jacob and I bet nobody else has since we saw MM and Jacob together, so was he really there as the Jacob we saw (nope) or was he in the Richard form all that time (yes)?

What I can't explain with this wacky idea: Who/what is the Jacob that dies in the statue? (Could there be 2 Jacob's with one having used TT to go back to the blackrock days from a time future to what we have seen?) Can he transform back to his Jacob appearance when he goes off the island to visit Kate , Sawyer etc? (or was this TT Jacob who lived off the island for awhile?) We never see all the connecting time, which has always been the case with LOST and then we fill in that time with what makes sense - which has yet to be actually what happens.

Again, a really whacky idea but who thought that Locke was a fake all of S5?
Back to top Go down
tdpough

PostSubject: Re: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:40 pm

it kind of makes sense, and it kind of doesnt. why would richard (whom u say is actually jacob), bring Locke (esau) to himself? And why wouldnt Richard go inside the statue? Also, if Richard is Jacob, why wouldnt Richard be the leader and have to answer to Ben?
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 pm

tpdough - Yeah, like I said a whacky idea, but when has ANYTHING in LOST really made sense until after we see the whole story? Anyway, for this to work Jacob would have had to have read MM's plan for the loophole early on and developed his own strategy to lure MM in in for defeat. If MM's final objective is to kill Jacob then Jacob would need to guide that to happen, but under J's plan. Sort of like chess - you read your opponents strategy and sometimes have to sacrifice a piece or 2 to let them think they are winning when, in reality, you are really luring them into your counter strategy. I think the whole leadership thing just part of the ploy. Assigned leadership brings with it the ability to make choices and hence the option, through free will, to "fight, kill and corrupt".

Why Richard wouldn't go in is another story. He kept telling Ben and FLocke, if you'd just wait Jacob would call them to him. Remember that when they were time flashing Locke knew he did not want to go to the light beacon in fear of seeing himself? Perhaps Richard can't see Jacob since it is him? I question whether anyone has seen Jacob and known who he is, outside of MM. Richard was always the intermediary with Ben - rewatch Ben's rant right before he stabs "Jacob". The more I see the more it all looks so controlled (influenced) by both MM and Jacob. Does anyone really exhibit true freewill then?

Anyway, the S% finale seemed to answer questions but also confused an awful lot at the same time.
Back to top Go down
tdpough

PostSubject: Re: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Quote :
Remember that when they were time flashing Locke knew he did not want to go to the light beacon in fear of seeing himself?

Got a point.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Sorry - this is a confusing theory anyway. Yes. Locke seemed to believe it wasn't a good idea to see another adult version of yourself. That's why Richard (if he is really Jacob) can't see himself by going into the statue. Thanks for the back and forth on this. Again, I am not 100% convinced either but looking for some angle.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 5:08 pm

lostorconfused wrote:
That's why Richard (if he is really Jacob) can't see himself by going into the statue.

You may be exactly right. I believe that this line of thinking is on the right path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wild idea about Richar not aging   A wild idea about Richar not aging Empty

Back to top Go down

A wild idea about Richar not aging
Page 1 of 1