The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Nice to meet you guys! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Nice to meet you guys! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Nice to meet you guys!

Go down 
+9
mujerperdida
lostorconfused
driveshaftisntdead
Frogs and Logs
Edit_Reality
NefertitiGirl
lights_and_perfections
DharmaCrisps
BensEvilEyes
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

Nice to meet you guys! Empty
PostSubject: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:10 pm

I am BensEvilEyes from the ABC website and was sick of all the crap. I am 22 and live in California. I grow cannabis legally for medical patients and am proud of it! I work for a vet part time and am a full time junior at Sacramento State. I have many ideas but my two main ones are Vincent is dead and someone or something is inhabiting his body. I aslo think Hermes Trismegistus might have something to do with the whole thing but thats another looooong theory unless anyone is interested it it.

I look forward to meeting you all in a pleasant forum finally!

My only suggestion is very tight spoiler control/warning as thats a pet peeve of mine.

Thank you for the nice forum!

~Kimberly
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Nice to meet you too Kim!!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 1:21 am

I'm Anne. I'm a 28yo South Carolinian who does not have a job any where close to as awesome as yours! Our good ole' boy gov't still thinks Mary J is poison, maybe we should move to Cali!! LOL

I'm interested in Vincent too. Have you watched the "Missing Pieces" Vids? I think it's the first one that shows Christian telling Vincent to go find Jack and wake him up. I'm thinking now that it wasn't really Christian, but still, Vincent clearly understood him and went straight to Jack. Also, I know everybody (including me) is/was thinking that Walt is special, but maybe it's really Vincent who always seems to be around when the weird stuff happens with Walt.

Also, I would be interested to hear your theory about the other guy...

Thanks!
Anne afro
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:40 am

TheIslan - I can send seeds but if we were to do anything like that it should be in email if you were really interested.

Dharmacrisps- Oh yes I saw the missing pieces episode, that is the strongest pieces of evidence. He also pulled the blanket off Paulo and Nicki....

As for the Hermes Trismegistus thing I have a big ol thread about it somewhere on the ABC website, I will get it up here probly 2marro if you were interested, I am pretty busy tonight. But I will give a short rundown and that is -

I do not quite know where he comes in to LOST but he is a greek and egyption God, thats the easiest way to explain it but it is more complicated. He involves the greek God, Hermes, and the Egyption God, Thoth.

HT was like a gaurdian of souls
HT was the initaitor of the father of numbers.
HT invented heiroglyphics
HT invented alchemy out of which rose the philosophers stone which grants immortality
HT had 42 essential texts
HT according to readings of Edgar Cayce, was an engineer from atlantis
HT had writings of imprisoning souls
HT's magic involved a line or circle of ashes which disrupts magic crossing it or helps draw an insulating magic circle
HT's Emerlad Tablet rumored to be under/within a vile vortice, the Giza plateau. (Dharmas gemologist 4 this?)
HT's wand or symbol is the Caduceus (serpants wrapped around a rod), used by the medical institutions today as the symbol of healing
HT invented the hermetic seal which is air tight, the crackers were in a hermeticly selaed tin can
HT built a temple to the sun and the dharma symbol for the temple is a sun. HT used his to become invisible.
HT invented the music scale, some say invented music. One of his big priciples is the priciple of vibration (good, good, good.....)
HT's story involved the relationship between man and nature, actually man and nature were a sort of adam and eve.
HT served as a mediating power between good and evil, thus making sure neither had a decisive victory over the other.
HT's symbol is the same as the the Staff station dharma logo
HT is athletic and is always looking out for runners, or any athletes with injuries who need his help.(Jack and Desmond?)
HT was very closely connected to bringing dreams to mortals, especialaly dreams of the dead visiting humans bering messages. (Ben said "I used to have dreams" after Horace visited John while he slept)

At Comic Con 2006, producer Damon Lindelof translated this sequence to mean "underworld"

Hermes was responsible for guiding souls of the dead to the underworld.
Back to top Go down
lights_and_perfections

lights_and_perfections

PostSubject: Wut up?!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:28 am

Hello!
I just joined your fancy lil forum!
Good work! Looks like fun so far!
I'm glad a couple other people from abc came over and kept thier names too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jchc1
lights_and_perfections

lights_and_perfections

PostSubject: Missingdeck   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks for the welcome missingdeck! Political Satire, huh! I wish I knew your other name! It's true, I don't sleep much!But I work alot! So I'm glad to see someone else will be hanging out with me,haha!
I hope for some awesome theories on here! : )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jchc1
NefertitiGirl

NefertitiGirl

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Great JOB!!! AmenRaGirl here! Nice!! so happy you did this!
Back to top Go down
Edit_Reality

PostSubject: Hi All (and to BensEE: who are those handsome boys in your photo?)   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Had to post here to tell BensEvilEyes that there is another Dog Nut on the new forum here. I prefer my dog to humans and it pleased me to see those two little faces staring out as your icon.

I'm a grad student in Philosophy (mostly interested in Theory of Mind) and devout LOST fan.

I also think the Hermes Trismegistus idea is well-worth pursuing. Remember, the mystics (including workers of magic and the early physicists/mathematicians such as Newton and Leibnitz) were pursuing the same themes as religion has always pursued. There are SO many diverse religious and mythological references in the show that it makes sense to me to examine the Quest rather than any particular ideology.

If the writers are hinting at the entire spectrum of mysticism-religion across the ages, Hermes T. is a great place to start. Secret Knowledge handed down to chosen initiates, etc....
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Very Nice job creating this site. I like the small details in design.

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to having conversations with you all and reading the interesting theories without the nonsense you have to put up with at the ABC site. One I have though is how do I get my photo to show next to my post like some of you guys have it?
Back to top Go down
NefertitiGirl

NefertitiGirl

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Frogs and Logs wrote:
Very Nice job creating this site. I like the small details in design.

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to having conversations with you all and reading the interesting theories without the nonsense you have to put up with at the ABC site. One I have though is how do I get my photo to show next to my post like some of you guys have it?

Heyaa!! well you go to User Control Panel and there is a row of links and the word Avatar is right under the word Panel of User Control Panel. You click that and you can put one from your computer or wherever you have one stored. Wink
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySun May 24, 2009 7:40 am

Edit_Reality wrote:
Had to post here to tell BensEvilEyes that there is another Dog Nut on the new forum here. I prefer my dog to humans and it pleased me to see those two little faces staring out as your icon.

I'm a grad student in Philosophy (mostly interested in Theory of Mind) and devout LOST fan.

I also think the Hermes Trismegistus idea is well-worth pursuing. Remember, the mystics (including workers of magic and the early physicists/mathematicians such as Newton and Leibnitz) were pursuing the same themes as religion has always pursued. There are SO many diverse religious and mythological references in the show that it makes sense to me to examine the Quest rather than any particular ideology.

If the writers are hinting at the entire spectrum of mysticism-religion across the ages, Hermes T. is a great place to start. Secret Knowledge handed down to chosen initiates, etc....

Nice to meet you! Yes my ladies, Mattie and Ginny, are my running partnets and they go with me everywhere fun, beaches, lakes, trails, ect. I love my dogs and I would live in my car before giving them up. The one on the left is if Westie/poodle named Mattie and the other a boxer/pit named Ginny.

Couple more - Mattie

Nice to meet you guys! Matti_004
Nice to meet you guys! Matti_1271

Mattie and Ginny in a bigger size

Nice to meet you guys! 00112

The X Fiance and Cami and Indy, kept the pets, left the animal

Nice to meet you guys! P1010094_w560h420

Now don't go getting me started! I am a huge animal freak and avid pigeon breeder, racer, shower. Also have several prized fish tanks and some hamsters! You have any pets?

As for thr Hermes Trismegistus stuff, I didnt't even know half the stuff you just said. That is some extrmely interesting info to add the the theory!
Back to top Go down
Edit_Reality

PostSubject: Beautiful canine ladies   Nice to meet you guys! EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:02 pm

Dear B.E.E.:
Well, Mattie and Ginny are darlings, both of them. Love those mixes, the idea of a poodle and Westie (and the unusual hair style that yields:)) and I can only imagine a Pit/Boxer combo - does she play 20 hours straight? Thanks for photos.
I have a dear, beloved dog named Pugs (not a Pug, but a shih-tzu/lhasa mix) and I would live in the STREET if I had to for him. However, I'm not sure he'd be willing, as he is appropriately spoiled and wouldn't know how to sleep if not on my downy comforter or sharing my pillow.
He is currently my only pet, but I have two bird feeders on my terrace and MUST keep them filled or I hear about it from loud chirps near my air conditioner. We found a small bird that had fallen trying to fly from his nest awhile back and actually managed to nurse him till he could fly away!
Laughed aloud at your caption "kept the mans, got rid of the animal" - I relate totally Smile
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:24 am

Aww ur dog sounds like a cool mix as well! The pit/boxer yes has tons of energy. I tire her out with my bike every day....she is quite fit! I think you meant "kept the pets, left the animal" tho Smile Thanks so much for your kind words!
Back to top Go down
driveshaftisntdead

driveshaftisntdead

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm

i am exicted also about the new forum and anxious to get started in posting my thoughts. i am driveshaftisntdead from the abc forum.. i didnt post too much over there because of ignorant ppl and rude comments but i really hope to post more over here! i look forward to getting to know everyone and see what thoughts and theories everyone has!! nice job on the new forum by the way very nice!

-driveshaftisntdead
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Just now finally getting a minute to check out peoples posts. Being admin on here is a lot of work! It's great to meet everybody. I felt like a big dufus from the first time I posted on the ABC site. I'm really happy that the atmosphere has stayed peaceful so far.
I'm a big hippie myself! I live in South Carolina where the only place I love...or really even like is Charleston which is 2 hours away from my home in Lexington.
I am married with 1 hillarious little boy named Blake. I have 2 dogs (Dozer the Chihuahau, and Jimbo the American Bull/Border Collie) one half-blind rescue cat named Kali (she loves to clean humans), and a grey dwarf rabbit named Charle (my only lostie inspired baby). Until now, my husband was the only computer geek in the fam, but here I am at least 5x as bad! I love the ocean, drawing, any kind of music, laughing and trying to keep a teen-aged mentality. I first got into Lost by mistake...It was a couple of years ago. My husband saw a re-run from the first season and decided to download it. He fell asleep watching one night and I just happened to be up late cleaning. Well ya know how DVDs start themselves over and over....if you don't cut them off? I finally got anoyed and went to turn it off but instead sat down and watched. I've been hooked ever since! Thanks so much for all of your complements and feed back. It is such an amazing feeling make people happy! I really look forward to getting to know you guys better!!!
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:11 pm

I came across lost in a similar way....and fell in love instantly and watched 3 seasons in one very enjoyable week! I also have one Lost inspired pet, a grey kitty named Ben, no pics of him atm.

My avatar is my newest pet. I adopted her yesterday and that is her shelter pic. I am thinking of naming her Freckles.....I wonder why? what do ya think? But even if I am over lost in 15 years and she is still around at least she still has freckles on her nose!
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:01 am

I love the kitty pick! She's beautiful! I'm partial to Calicos, Kali is a "muted" one, I'll have to upload her pic. at work tomorrow lol...we have Sprint mobile broad band at home....may as well be dial-up. It's funny about freckles name; I have thought several times that if I had known about Lost when it started, that would have been her name!

Your theories are so well thought out make so much sense! I'm so glad you are here!..and thanks for having my back on the abc site, they are hating on us big time! did you see the "willamae" person's comments? what was funny is that she (i guess it's a she) had to tell me to "sod off" b/c they can't say PISS on their site....piss piss piss!! I love it. she also said that "if my site is so hot, why am I always posting there". Well, you will have to see what I told her...you will laugh!

Hey, I also fixed the parts people were suggesting. I think I will just upload the funny pics to the albums and just use banners at the top. Does it look ok now?

Also, a few people said that in they like the replys to go oldest to newest under each topic, so I went ahead and fixed it. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:11 am

She is my first calico, I always wanted one! I was looking for a dilute but I fell in love. She is only 7 pounds and a year old. She was found as a stray with kittens when she was only around 8-9 months and her growth was stunted so she should be kitten sized for life.

I also like the replies to go oldest to newest, so that is perfect. The banner is much better. I loved the funny bendiana pic, he was my favo character for a long time. I don't really like the new Ben but we will see what they do with him next season. But ayways yeah it's nice to not have to scroll down.

I think you are doing a wonderful job. did you say you weren't even a computer geek? Much props to you.

And no prob, happy to help. It grew very fast! It's ironic that the spammer(s) actually helped you lol

Oh and thank you for the compliment! I will post theories/thoughts but I also like regular talking, maybe we could have a general area for small talk of all sorts? It would make us more like a family.....
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:25 am

I think that's a good idea, I don't really like the chat box...having to log in and then if I'm at work and can't post right away, I feel bad. I think a category for that would be a great addition.

I was thinking too....you know how most of the posts seem to have a specific character as the subject? what if characters had there own Category on the main page...Or at least the main ones. I thought this might help people find what they are most interested in and see what's already been posted....what do you think?

Also, come over to the thread where you uploaded your animal pics...I'm gonna add min in there....may just copy and paste what I wrote you above so I don't have to explain my animals to everybody again Smile
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:26 am

Kim-
nm, I'm going to go ahead and make the category, if people don't like it, I'm sure I will know about it soon enough!!!!
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Great to see meaningful back and forth disussion. It is refreshing to see that people can disagree on ideas, with civility. So far, an A+! Thanks, Anne. Maybe the actions of this forum prove that Jacob's view is correct - we can all get along!
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Here Here! Couldn't agree more...so happy you are enjoying the site!

Anne
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Anne - Have to ask this, USC Gamecocks or Clemson Tigers?
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi everybody, I too, have a cat. She's three years old and she was a stray we fell in love with and my family and I could not decide what to name her. Believe it or not, her name is Kittie, yeap, I know, very original. I wish I would have been into Lost as I am now, I would have named her something like Jewels, I think.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:21 pm

haha, i'll give ya a hint L or C...Growing up, I had a huge crosstitch version of this same picture my mother made hanging in my room. My blood runeth Garnet and Black baby! My dad would still kick my butt if he ever thought i was a Clemsux fan! (hope ur not..lol)
Nice to meet you guys! USC

Anne
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:33 pm

mujer, glad we have another cat lady! Cat's are totally what the island is missing!!! I love BEE's idea for her kitty name...Freckles the Calico. This is Kali...
https://2img.net/h/i115.photobucket.com/albums/n302/annesnider/Picture001.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you guys!   Nice to meet you guys! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice to meet you guys!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next