The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Why does MM want to kill Jacob?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

Why does MM want to kill Jacob? Empty
PostSubject: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:43 pm

I have rewatched the beginning scene of the S5 finale a number of times to try to get some ideas. Here's what I see:

1. MM implies this game/test has been going on for a long time (MM says "it ends the same way every time") and that is back in what we assume to be the 1800's since we see what is believed to be the Black Rock in the distance.

2. Jacob seems content with this going on forever (he mentions all the time it takes to weave, also he is very calm, not aggitated

3. MM seems agitated, in voice, words and action.

4. The game/test has an end (Jacob - "it only ends once, the rest is progress")

5. The game has at least one rule - they can't kill each other ("One day I will find a loophole" - MM)

From this I theorize that:

a. This has been going on since the beginning of mankind
b. Jacob and MM have been sentenced to this island until "it ends"
c. The end is either the self destruction of man or a set of visitors does not end up killing, corrupting etc and the end date predicted by the Valenzetti equation does not happen. What happens on this island is the key variable in that equation.

So, why did MM so want to kill Jacob? He has become sick of playing the game. It always ends the same way and he wants it over. Without an opponent , you can't play a game. Get rid of the oponent, the positive outcome can never happen, man destroys himslef per the equation, MM is free.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 pm

if they have been sentenced there since the beginning of mankind.. it seems like that statement in itself, would be the answer to your question why would MM want to kill him. if by chance, GOD, sentenced them to the island.. perhaps they where in conflict before being sentenced, and now they are playing out their roles/conflict on the island.. this would contradict my thoughts of them being from the future.. but then again, MAYBE NOT, as it has been said by one of you guys [sorry i forgot who mentioned it].. that they can be from the future.. if they are ageless.. perhaps they are both from the beginning of mankind and have also traveled to the end date to see the end event.. OR HOW ABOUT THIS!!!!.. maybe their feud is that THEY made the end of the world happen.. meaning maybe MM created something to destroy the human race because he knew how we are and was tried of us.. and jacob was trying to stop him... the event happened regardless and so... GOD's judgements to them both was... FOR KILLING MY GREATEST CREATION the both of you fools get to go back to the beginning of mankind and try and stop what you have ultimately done.. MM goes back as sort of a hell for him.. and jacob goes back to stop him as a sort of heavenly reward for him.. because hey, he likes to torment his pal MM and GOD gets to sit back and have a beer with all his pals and get a kick out of their little spat.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I agree that MM & Jacob were put (vanished, sentenced, etc) by another entity or entities thus, "they're coming" at the end of S5 finale.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 pm

In addition, I believe that they were put there to do something and they totally butchered it-both Jacob & MM and now the entities who are above them are coming to straighten things out. I think MM wants to kill Jacob because he is just naturally evil. This is probably some big experiment on these two guys from some powerful being or beings in the future or another dimension.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:27 pm

mujerperdia - Interesting idea about who the "they" are in "they are coming". As with all LOST "hints" that line could mean many things. They could also be the Losties from 1977 or Alana and her group.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:07 pm

True Lost-I'm having that debate with one of my co-workers that "they" could be the Losties from 1977. No biggie, we only have 9 months to wait before we figure it out. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:09 pm

I just noticed you metioned Ilana's group, that's my other guess on "they're come".
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Yup, typical good LOST writing, which, as you said leaves us hanging for 9 months though! AUGHHH!
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Did you guys notice these comments?

"A takes a really long time when youre making the thread, but I guess thats the point." --Jacob

and

"Sometimes the machine gets stuck, you have to give it a little push." --Jacob

I believe thats what Jacob is doing as he goes around visiting the losties in the various stages of their lives, "making thread" to create a larger masterpiece. He is NOT time-traveling. Obviously he has some insight to the future, but he has to wait for the key moments to happen so he can inject his influence into the losties' lives and shape them into the pawns that he needs to prove MM wrong.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:02 am

I love this picture of John Locke, he's such a handsome devil in his own rite!
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:03 am

Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted an opinion...lol! I think you're on to something. He's definately setting things up for some grand finale by visiting the Losties at different times in their lives.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:22 pm

mujerperdida wrote:
I love this picture of John Locke, he's such a handsome devil in his own rite!

Every Moustache Happens For A Reason!
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm

lolol! One thing that caught my eye right away on the S5 part 1 about MM & Jacob was that MM was wear a dark (almost black) top and Jacob a white. Ying-yang, good vs evil anyone?? Just to add more to the whole thing about Lost involving different beliefs, religions, etc.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 pm

I think their clothes are just there to indicate opponents. Sort of like the black/white pieces in chess and backgammon, two games shown constantly LOST.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:43 pm

They're definately on opposing sides.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Yes, opponents for sure. Intuitively I like the good vs. bad idea but that seems too obvious for LOST so I am wondering about that. I view them more as political opponents with different views but each is trying to win. The win is, of course, proving to the other that their view is correct.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:58 pm

You could be right but the words, " do you know how much I want to kill you" kind of rings evil to me...wouldn't you say. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Good point. I do believe he wants to kill Jacob to end the Loooooonnnngggg game though as he has become sick of playing.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Have you ever heard of Myst Island? It was a game that came out early 2000's and it was about the two sons of Atrus who were put on an Island or something like that. I thought it was pretty interesting and felt like some things were very familiar like the fact that on this Island they had different stations too.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:18 pm

I had read a post about Myst on the ABC forum a few months ago. I am not familiar with the game though. But, it does seem that the writers took ideas from A LOT of things - myths, legends, games, movies, history, names etc, etc. Very well researched.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:48 pm

I've read that creators of lost borrowed HEAVILY from Myst. You should check the game out if you are able, the whole series. Watching lost for these 5 years has been soooooo reminiscent of my days playing Myst on the old IMac. It really was a great game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does MM want to kill Jacob?   Why does MM want to kill Jacob? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does MM want to kill Jacob?
Page 1 of 1