The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne

Go down 
+5
LostINZ
rogersbeer
cornholiogringo1
lostorconfused
BensEvilEyes
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne Empty
PostSubject: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:21 am

Hey finally able to get on here after several days of trying.....apparently only works with firefox right now. Hey could you guys tell people over at ABC a few times a day (they keep deleting it and I wouldn't have found my way back if I hadn't seen it)

Anne someone said it was an url problem i think it was lostorconfused.....

here in firefox I am getting and error box between each page.....
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:32 am

Yes, looks like a problem in the scrolling message right under the navigation bar. Maybe an outdated link or something. Anyway, Firefox puts up the error box message when it tries to display that scroll message. Click through it and the scroll starts. Not great that ABC is deleting it but at least that site seems free of 99% spam now.
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Ya I get the same thing everytime I navigate, it has to do with that scrolling bar, maybe get a different one or just delete it
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 pm

i was having problems with foxfix however i just downloaded google chrome and i am having no trouble at all
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 am

Tried Chrome - worked fine.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Still seeing problems with Firefox and Explorer. The error box in Firefox pops up right before it loads that scrolling banner.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:35 am

With firefox it seems to hang and display the pop up box as it tries to get data from flash.quantserve.com
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 am

Here's the address causing the problem in Explorer 8:

http:///?container=youtube&mid=1&v=1d667595b6f563bb6e77ac593b4a245&lang=all&country=ALL&view=home&up_channel=WeArePOL&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fig%2Fmodules%2Fyoutube.xml&source=http%3A%2F%2Ftheotherlostforum.forumotion.com%2Flogin.forum%3Fredirect%3Dforum-f1%2Ftopic-t213.htm&parent=http%3A%2F%2Ftheotherlostforum.forumotion.com%2Flogin.forum%3Fredirect%3Dforum-f1%2Ftopic-t213.htm&libs=core%3Acore.io

I have no idea what to do with it though...anyone super computer savvy?
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 11:57 am

I see youtube in there. Did some searching and found this:

"Embed This Channel:" code no longer works. On multiple websites where I have different channels embedded it gives rise to this error - "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded."

Maybe there is a link to a youtube channel that is not working?
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Can't remember, sorry. I am NOT a microsoft fan and typically use Firefox. Tried IE (was IE8) when I got the pop up error box with Firefox. That was worse, left the page entirely and displayed the IE page "URL invalid" etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 am

Seems to work with IE8 now, still seeing the error box with Firefox.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:39 pm

tried mozilla and finally i got on after like 2 weeks! mind you I'm using IE8 at work and it works fine, so maybe it's Vista???(the worst OS ever invented)..
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm working on solutions and backin' it up now..the error i was getting would bring up the page for a second, then same as you, "page not found"....i'll figure something out...will letcha know!

Peace, Love, and a bit of Carolina Sunburn -
Anne - DC
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
SpocksBrain

SpocksBrain

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Well the relief is that it wasn't just me.
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:45 am

wow, i just got on for the first time in 2 weeks.....awesome whoever fixed or helped fix this .....whew!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Works for me now using vista and I8, a perfect storm if you will Razz

Thanks Anne!
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:36 am

I think the problem was the POL on youtube section. I think Flettenjab suggested this as the possible problem as the url of the error message included something about "pol on youtube"...anywho, I took that out and it's working now.

Lemme know if there are any more problems... I may not know what the hell I'm doing, but I will clickidy click until I figure it out Wink

Anne
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:22 pm

hi everyone.
what did I miss while I was gone [ I was busy setting up my brothers website ]

my new discovery is that 2 LOST cast members were in the recent film Taken [ Shannon and Roger Linus ]
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:22 pm

I use Vista but have it tweaked to suit my needs ... it still is faulty, randomly updating when commanded to check with me first, and altering settings on internet explorer to try and get me to buy their products or whatever its thinking [ I only use IE to display 2 pages on my computer where the layout is a bit different on Firefox ... but it's only 2 pages ... for normal interneting I use Firefox cuz it gotz meh spelllcheck ]

I think Locke was became possessed when Jacob touched him .... Locke has always been a strange fellow on the Island ... the new Locke is just like the old one : going around murdering whoever he thinks the Island is telling him too.

does anyone else think Jack and Kate are pretty much just props on LOST, around which the stories revolve? they have never seemed to me to be all that vital to the chain of events ... they have their part to play but ...

Hurley and Sayid have done far more important things in the flow of events ... even Vincent has had more impact than Jack.

I am watching LOST over again from the beginning ... I noticed Sawyer was never introduced by name, so how does Kate know to call him Sawyer?

for that matter, how did Jacob find out who he was ... I think the flight manifest was with those that were time skipping and it got left behind in 1954 when they were being shot at with the flaming arrows .... someone found it and took it to Charles Widmore, who memorized at and never told Richard about it, but took it straight to Jacob.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: seems to be working again   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:11 am

ok it's working on vista and IE8 now.Thanks.But where is everyone? Come on guys lets get posting!!!!
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:24 am

I'm with ya! Work has been crazy...and that's usually my play time lol Smile. I'm going to try to get back to the re-watchin stuff tonight and put my 2 to 5 cents in on some other posts Smile

Peace and Love and a b-day beer for Roger's!

-Anne
DC afro
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 am

Eric I like ur theory...I think Kate is pretty much just Eye candy, plus I mentioned (and got shot down) on the ABC site that I thought her mother, Diane, is actually "Annie", Ben's childhood sweetheart. I flip-flop about Jack, but I think his purpose on the island is soley to be a doc and make sure the people that are supposed to live do.

Hey, quote this theory over on the other section, I bet we'll get more feedback...I don't think this thread will get many more views since the probs are resolved.

Peace and Love
Anne - DC afro
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 pm

DC i wqas one who was right into the Diane Jnsson=Annie theory.Unfortunately we may never find out as we have one season left and Darlton have showed they won't explain everything and it seems Annie has been forgotten.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

I know, it stinks....It was nice to see that side of Ben...I was hoping he would have some love in his life at some point. Maybe they will suprise us and extend the show for a couple more seasons, i doubt it but it's a happy thought Smile

The Island
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Yeah, it still is unconfirmed who Harper was talking about when she said that ben liked Juliette so much because she looked like 'her'. Now we know that Annie looked more like Kate than she did Juliette(Brunette hair, freckles).Juliette looks more like Ben's mother.But Diane Jansson could pass for Ben's mother.Actually as a silly thought Clair's mother has a striking resemblance to ben's mother. Crap I still want Ben's mother and Locke's mother to be the same lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne   SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne Empty

Back to top Go down

SITE PROBLEMS - for members and Anne
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next