The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004

Go down 
+6
DearLocke
jsacton
mujerperdida
JohnLocke73
error747
DharmaCrisps
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 Empty
PostSubject: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Following the lead of Dr. Artz, let's do something fun this summer...Starting with S1E1, the Pilot part 1, lets re-watch and see if we can find some hidden answers, or more clues to drive us crazy. Shall we? Here we go!!!

Last edited by DharmaCrisps on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Parker from Heroes immortallized in Lost casting as the first Smokie kill. Right on. I wish Smokie would get him in Heroes too!
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Or is it Parkman? Either way, go Smoke Monster.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:31 pm

whats all this about a parker and Smokie? (I don't watch Heros)
Back to top Go down
http://vilhelmslostblog.blogspot.com/
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Heroes is another awesome show. I stopped watching it during the 4th season (volume, I should say) and now I need to catch up. Google it some time, get the volumes if you can. Pretty cool stuff. I believe everyone is referring to the pilot on flight 815 (first plane) he is a character on Heroes, Parkman I believe.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Right. Matt Parkman is the character's name on Heroes. He probably was casted then had to be killed off due to contractual obligations with NBC(theory). Many Lost characters have 'died by contract'. Maybe his role and Jack's role were reversed? I think too much.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:15 pm

still don't get it, but ok.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm sorry I'm not explaining in full. Smokie kills the pilot in the pilot(ep 1) and i was just making a silly comment about Smokies first kill being that pilot who had success in other TV shows. Watching the pilot get attacked now is a pleasure since i find Matt Parkman's character in Heroes utterly annoying. I wish i had something more important to say at this point, lol!
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 pm

but the first piolet wasn't matt parkman i thought. I thought Lapidis was.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Anne's trying her watch-n-blog skills...   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:39 pm

So here we go...damn commercial.....

ok, Jacks green eyes open to a forest canopy of bamboo, he looks quickly to his left and here comes good ole' Vinny. Vin runs past jack with his butt in his face. jack stands to notice he's injured on his back lft side, so he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a mini bottle of vodka, then starts running (seems to know where he's going) past a white sneaker hanging from a tree and onto the beach. Screaming survivors and wreckage everywhere, dude hanging upside down in his seat, charlie (like an idiot) standing by the giant, still-moving turbine. Somebody that looks like Bernard tells someone else to "stay away from the gas." Shannon's being Shannon, Jack runs to help some guy caught under the reckage, hears Claire screaming and leaves the the guy with Locke and another guy and runs to her side.

Clue:
***and here's the first thing i didn't notice before...
When the other guy and Locke are carrying the injured man, Locke sees a guy running past the turbine and actually stops him to tell him to get away, it seems like to me that if the guy had kept running, he would have made it....Why did John stop him just to tell him to keep going?****

Ok, so now Jacks w/ Claire...Having contractions at least that's what she thinks. Jack sees Boone trying his darndest to save Rose, and leaves Claire with Hurley to go save her himself.

Clue 2:
Hurley "What's your name"
Jack: "Jack"
and hurley looks like he's thinking "where do I know this guy from?"

Jack runs to Rose and Boone, Boone says "I'm a lifeguard".
WTF was Boone a lifeguard?

Wing of the plane falls Hurley, Claire and Jack run from it. Debris flies and land right behind charlie...
Why does Charlie react as if it were a door slaming or something? He's totally oblivious.

Boone Brings the Pens to Jack and together they stare at the inside of the plane.
Jack finds a sewing kit and heads for a quiet spot to stitch himself up.
Jacks is a doc, he had looked at the spot when they crashed, he had to know he would need help stitching...why else would he go off on his own unless he new Kate would show up to help? Jack is telling Kate his fear story and how he deals with it.

His royal hotness, Sawyer lights one up, and calmly takes in his surroundings.
Only took 2 or so drags starts walking (with a purpose) and flicked it....
Claire's rubbing belly, Hurleys getting food together, Boone's trying to use cell, Sayid is building a fire and recruits Charlie to help. Rose is sitting by the fire kissing her necklace.

Kate stitches Jack up...
Sayid tells Charlie "you think they would have come by now", Charlie "who?" Sayid, "anybody"

Jack tells Kate he took a couple flying lessons and that's how he knows about tranceivers etc... Um, when did jack take flying lessons? seems like that would have been something the would want to include in his skills list later on since he is like the McGuiver of the Island.

Charlie is writing on his tape fingers, Shannon is yes, giving herself a pedicure. Boone brings her a Chocolate bar, (I was trying to see if it was an Apollo, but I couldn’t tell), she’s a bitch about it as always and refuses. Hurley brings dinner to Claire, then leaves her an extra one…such a sweetie. Michael is trying to cheer Walt up, not working…then we meet Jin & Sun…Jin tells Sun she must stay close to him and oh, what was that…anybody catch it?...”don’t worry about the “Others” we need to stay together.”…probably nothing, but interesting choice of words, don’t ya’ think? Next comes Jack with his leaf-plane and a whiney Kate. They talk about finding the cockpit. Kate saw some smoke through the valley…hmmm

Back on the beach, heeeeeere's smokie.

Did anybody see that?” no, Claire, we were all standing in a row staring at the woods but we didn’t see that.

Is Kate wearing Jack’s shirt? She's a fast one, ain't she?

Clue:
Everybody is like"WTF?" except Walt who is excited and says "Is that Vincent"? What would make him think that think was Vencent? Hmmmmm.

and did anybody else here the child-like scream at the end of smokies tantrum?

Charlie: "Terrific"
almost like "here we go again"

Now were on the plane, Cindy is way so flirting with Jack.
(remember, Cindy is an "Other") She hooks Jack up with another 2 mini-bottles. Jack Drinks one and pockets one (left coat pocket)

Charlie pushes past Jack and a seated Rose to go for his fix...Turbulance...Rose is nervouse, Locke is behind her resting the
entire time. Bernard’s ring is missing from Rose’s necklace…at least I don’t see it. ... Bang Boom Pow, big bump and everybody freaks. Seat was empty beside Jack, do we know if anybody was supposed to be in it?

Gonna Break for now....will finish this part of my blog later, but you guys do some blogging of your own, and tell me what you think of mine...
Peace & Love

Moving forward:

Kate wants to go with Jackie boy to find the cockpit. She snags some boots off a dead guy. (isn’t she like 5’4”?...has to have tiny feet, right?) anyway, so she’s getting the boots and looks over to see Locke eating an orange. Locke gives here an orange-peel smile. She looks completely repulsed…I probably would have laughed myself. Hurley asks what they’re going to do with the “B-O-D-Y-S”, and I love this line from Michael “what are you trying to spell man?, ‘bodies’?” ---if Shannon says one more thing about a rescue boat or rescuers, I think I will have to skip to season 2…so Jack leaves Boone in charge of the wounded. Charlie wants to come along. Jack tells him they don’t need anymore help (probably just wants to be alone with Kate)…but Charlie ends up going anyway. We know why…he’s going after his stash he left in the bathroom.

So now our gang is on the way to the black smoke hoping to find the cockpit. Kate thinks Charlie looks familiar and questions how she knows him...He does the whole high-pitched "you all everybody" think, they have a little chat about it, and decide that's where she knows him, I think it's more than that, but that's another story...

The group is passing in the background and LOOK WHO IT IS...Good Ole' Vinny watching over them from afar...What I wanna know, is Vinny watching over them for the greater good, or for the bad guys, or is he the "man" in charge? For whatever reason, he's keeping his eye on them...

Then all of a sudden, rain..."is this normal..day turning into night, end-of-world sort of weather?" (charlie) Everybody is seeking shelter from the rain, but not the Lockester. He's enjoying the storm, i guess just being able to feel the rain on his legs again? or maybe just more evidence of his weirdness...

Claire: "There it is again" and we see the trees moving like their being stomped on. Could that be Vin moving to follow the gang on their trek?

And there she is, the cockpit...Jack "let's do this" -can't believe he hasn't cried yet... Charlie is strung out, yet Kate is more out of breath and also much more wet looking. They struggle to climb their way up the aisle to the cockpit...Jack beats the door in. Jack to Kate "are you ok?" - love this part...Charlie "I'm fine by the way...Charlie's fine."

They discover the injured pilot...He asks about survivors, Jack tells him it's been 16 hours and there are 48 survivors....*42* + the O6, probably just coincidence...Jack: "Where's Charlie?" Kate calls for him and he pops out of the bathroom high as hell. They here it, the smoke monster noise, Kate gets this really constipated look and the idiot pilot sticks his head out of the window. SNATCH! he's goon blood everywhere, plane falls into a horizontal position. They all go running...can't hear it following them so far...i hate watching kate run...charlie gets stuck on vines and trips...Kate hides in the tree vine things.. and has her first of many breakdowns...she starts counting (like jack taught her) 1..2..3...4...and commercial...

Back to Kate. she's staring off and charlie comes up behind her...he tells her, he and Jack got separated...and I think this may be important ***Charlie "he pulled me up, i fell down, he came back for me...that thing was" Kate: "Did you see it?" Charlie: "No, no, but it was right there, we were dead, well i was, and then jack came back for me, and he pulled me up, i don't know where he is"

Where did Jack go? why didn't it kill him?

They go looking for Jack, Kate spots the pilots "wings"...Jack stumbles out of the woods and says he didn't see it, it was behind him and he jumped into the bushes...

and "How does something like that happen"...camera pans up to a mutilated pilot. Maybe Smoke's was pissed that Frank didn't show... and that's all i got for the Pilot part 1

Last edited by DharmaCrisps on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Lepidus was supposed to be the pilot of 815, but never made it. Parkman took his place instead and the island didn't like that so much. So it ate him.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Ok.

i like your thoughts, DC.
Back to top Go down
jsacton

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:56 pm

really? I JUST started watching heroes now that there are no losts to watch and he is my favorite so far. Netflix rocks.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:19 am

LOL, i like his power, probably better than anyones, but i don't like him as an actor. He always delivers his lines with a furrowed brow. Like he's taking a poop. Agreed, Netflix is the best.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:25 am

Yeah, but unfortunately you can only see 3 seasons (or volumes I should say) instantly. Darn!!! That's how I ended up not catching up. I started to see the 4th volume on tv and missed a day or two and that was it but I really like the show and I agree with you, Parkman is cool. I've been watching him since Alias and I've always liked him. I need to pick up the fourth season of Heroes. Anybody know where I can get it witout having to buy it?
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 am

Can't you watch them all on ABC's website? I thought they had an HD lost player.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 am

http://abc.go.com/player/

I think...
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 am

Heroes is on NBC, I believe. I will check their website since Lost is off right now I'm trying to get into other shows to pass the time. One show I've gotten into is 24-totally cool. Started watching the seasons and maybe I will be able to catch up with heroes before Lost comes back. Got keep myself busy because someone could go insane just thinking about how much time we still have before Lost comes back!!!!
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:40 pm

ohhhh, my bad, i thought you meant Lost! Maybe http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/webisodes/nowhere-man/?aff=overlay-heroes#vid=1087507 but i don't have flash on my comp at work so i can't see if it works.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Gotcha, thanks!
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:20 pm

No prob, i hope it works! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DearLocke

DearLocke

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:33 pm

JohnLocke73 wrote:
still don't get it, but ok.

The pilot that died, Seth norris (portrayed by Greg Grunberg) is actually a friend one of the 3 creator/writers of LOST JJ Abrams. He also happens to play Matt Parkman on Heroes. He can read peoples minds and make them do what he wants, and create fantasies.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Greg_Grunberg

In the making of the pilot episode, it is revealed that the pilot character was added late in production, as Jack had originally been planned to be killed off in "Pilot." The pilot's body that was found hanging in the tree was also originally intended to be Jack's.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Jack has nine lives. Scratch that, seven.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:33 pm

If you have OnDemand, Heroes shows are available there, even volume four. Another show that i suggest during Lost downtime is the reimagined Sci-Fi Battlestar Galactica. It ran it's course in four seasons and was a fantastic show. Vastly superior to it's predecessor.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:48 pm

I've heard so much about Battlestar but I've never actually seen an episode. Is it similar to Lost?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004   Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pilot Episode-1 OAD: September 22, 2004
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next