The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Is Jack dead EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Is Jack dead EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Is Jack dead EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Is Jack dead EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Is Jack dead EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Is Jack dead

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
faraday48071

faraday48071

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 am

On the Lost forum that must not be named hewalksamongusbutisnotoneofus posted a theory. Now here it is, In season one both Jack and Locke dead, Jack dead in the first episode when he was run in the junge after the Smokey kill the pliot, Smokey killed Jack. Locke dead when he seen Smokey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goku48071
flettenjab

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 am

so this guy thinks we have been watching dead people all along? or at least two, anyway.....i say bollocks, no way, jack is the central character, in my opinion, and will ultimately end up being the hero.....remember, "he is a leader, a great man. but this makes him lonely, angry and frightened" DEAD??? no chance
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:27 am

If it is all about man's destiny to self-destruct (Velenzetti equation and the numbers) and the whole idea of man's struggle with destiny (MM) vs Free Will (Jacob) then yes, Jack could very well be the ONE who actually changes his outlook on life and effectively uses free will to change the numbers and prevent man's self destruction. MM (as Destiny) has control over the environment and has created the time machine as well as controlling the flash times etc to set up this "destiny". Jacob (free will) reminds all he touches that they have a choice - "Kate, you're not going to steal anymore are you?" "Llana, will you help me?" Even the statement by MM, "Do you know how much I (destiny) want to kill you (free will)?" Substitute "Does free will know how much destiny doesn't want free will to be used?" Destiny has a plan, free will messes up that plan. By killing off free will destiny is secured. End of game.

Jack has always been the "it's not my job", I am not getting involved. He didn't want to help Ben as a child, just wanted to get off the island etc. His transformation started when he said maybe we are suppose to set off the bomb. He had free will to decide to continue to fight it or lead the effort - he chose to lead.
Back to top Go down
Timfitz42

Timfitz42

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:02 pm

One scene in particular makes me say no to the "both deaad" theory. When Locke tried to convince Jack to go back to the island while in the hospital. If they were both dead this scene would not make any sense. They were clearly Jack and Locke or the conversation would have had to have been different.
Back to top Go down
faraday48071

faraday48071

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:28 pm

it's not may thoery just a good one, I don't think jack's dead but what if.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goku48071
LostINZ

LostINZ

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:52 pm

He was the only actor to have been told what 'the end' is.So I think he must play a major role in the whole season.He has also been listed as a season regular(not that they haven't played with that concept before).But if he was dead, then I'd probably stop watching.If he is dead then you'd think TPTB have sold out to the chicks and sawyer's the new leader(dumb).In fact they'd all be dead like Richard said.So in that respect they'd have to be dead in 1977, but I am picking an alternate universe where they start out in 1954 and confue the crap out of everybody..
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:00 pm

flettenjab wrote:
so this guy thinks we have been watching dead people all along? or at least two, anyway.....i say bollocks, no way, jack is the central character, in my opinion, and will ultimately end up being the hero.....remember, "he is a leader, a great man. but this makes him lonely, angry and frightened" DEAD??? no chance

Flettenjab.I love this comment-especially your quote from 'Stranger In a Strange Land'.I've been thinking about that in the last 24 hrs.I'm sure Achera and her brother still have soemthing to do with the Island.I notice also that they have casted the guy from the Last Samurai who beat Tom Cruise up all the time before becoming his friend.So the Asian connection will continue I'd say.
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:26 pm

thanks, lostINZ..i have always believed that jack will be the pivotal character....he is the epitome (?) of the word hero....the leader whose inner demons make him suffer tremendously....there has to be an end to his agony...or at least i hope there is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is Jack dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Jack dead   Is Jack dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Jack dead
Page 1 of 1