The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

What the temple other wanted with Jack

Go down 
+5
flettenjab
Frogs and Logs
rogersbeer
theRealEricRobertson
faraday48071
9 posters
AuthorMessage
faraday48071

faraday48071

What the temple other wanted with Jack Empty
PostSubject: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:35 pm

I think the temple other wanted to take Jack to Christian now that Jacob is Dead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goku48071
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm

speaking of Christian ... in the other apparent alternate timeline, Christian's body is missing. Locke said they didn't lose him, they lost his body.
The implication is that what a person really is, I don't know what, but it is not the body. This is very important. I don't know why but I know it is .... everything Locke says is always very important. And anything anything says while in the form of Locke is also very important.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

the are going to name him new ruler of island and new head of tapastry production.
it beats mopping.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:45 pm

I can't say I am 100%, with the idea of the others wanting to talk to Jack, to take him to a living Christian now that Jacob is dead. Although a very small part of me can see it happening.

It seems to me, Christian is dead.. and that the theory about the smoke monster (new locke/mystery dude) - and on a side note we really need to figure out what to call him - used Christian's form to use Locke for his loophole plan, is sound.. If this is not the case, one would have to believe what Christian said about being able to speak on Jacob's behalf. Then you have to wonder why Jacob would set in motion the very plan that leads to his death.

Now if the others have THE BODY and know that Christian is Jack's dad. And, it so happens that Claire is sitting in on this meeting of their's with a little news for Jack.. that might be fun.

also - I like Eric's comment on what Locke says is important.. So what exactly did the Mystery dude mean when he said he was very dissapointed in all of them? Was it the fact that it's been forever and a day and we still haven't proven 'ither point that Jacob and he seem to be arguing over? or was just the fact that they didn't have milk and cookies waiting for him?
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm

what i want to know is why (season 3) was cindy and the kids eyeballing jack in his cage........there was a group of people with her and they stared at him like he was a zoo exhibit...........gotta be something there...............................
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:24 am

First of all....YAY! All my buds are back here!!!!...

Where were they taking Jack? The said they needed to talk to him...so I'm guessing they had to take him away to meet with someone else (they could have told him anything else in front of the rest of the gang)...now who they will take him too is beyond me, but I'm going to guess outside of the box and say Alvar Hanso...he has to come into the picture at some point and it's become more and more clear to me over time that the others have replaced the Dharmas in the eyes of the root of the Dharma Initiative (that's why they still had all the food, utitilities & whatever they needed.

I think that John tells Jack what he does in the airport to make him feel better only...Jack shouldn't feel bad because his dad's sould was in a better place, it was only his empty body that was left behind on Earth...this scene has more meaning to viewers than it does to the story line, it just reinstates what we're figuring out in this epi...How insignificant bodies really are.

I think the whole point is that they don't remember each other or the island...it really never happened.

Yes, everything that Locke says in important. He's the only one we see as a child with a very specific connection to the island (besides the Kate & Sawyer Jacob visits)...remember, he drew the pic of the smoke monster while he was in the foster home...He knew about something bigger than a random guy coming up to him in a time of need.

as far as Cindy eyeballing Jack...maybe she knew what he would become.
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm

i'm not sure why they want jack; only that jack is the man. he has always been the hero. misguided alot of times, but the hero nonetheless. i think they want him to propel him to being the great man he really is.......remember, he is "a leader, a great man"
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:14 pm

in a prev episode richard tells charles that jacob wanted to save ben and that the island choses who the island choses, how is it that jacob knows sawyers future will see him end up on the island when he see's him as a small boy and also kate when shes younger yet he has no idea that ben (who also was made leader of his people and lived on the island for 30 years) would eventually kill him. something dosent add up.
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:54 pm

now that you put it that way conway, i have to say "good question, but i am as stumped as you"....but great observation
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Jacob knows everything. He knew Ben was going to kill him. Jacob knew that if he did not die he would not be able to appear to Hurley to tell him to take Sayid to the Temple.
Everything that happens has to happen exactly as it does and Jacob sees the end of it all.

Jacob knows these things because he listens to the Island and the Island tells him.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't believe the island is telling anyone anything. I think Jacob knows what he knows because he set it up that way. Even the time the real Locke said, the island told me, even though he thought he was referring to the island, it wasn't the island that showed/told him. I do believe the island has special properties (healing, moving through time and space, etc.), but I also believe aside from those properties the island is just an island. A place setting for things to happen.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:02 am

the Bible says "the Heavens declare the Glory of God" ... the Bible [which a few billion people believe to be true] says that nature speaks to us ... tells us things. By the faith of a few billion people we can see how an Island could "tell" someone something if they knew how to listen.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:59 am

The bible says a lot of things.. as do all books. And with anything of that NATURE, it's left up to your own thoughts, and how you want to work them out. That said, we are talking about a TV show. I won't argue the fact that nature could be speaking to us/them. And 2.1 billion people have the right to believe in a book if they want to. And you are correct in your assumption that it's easy to see how the island could "tell" someone something.. My thoughts are, as the show is coming to an end.. I have yet to see the island really do anything. The island itself is subject to the forces in and around it. I don't really think the island is the focus is all. It plays a part, sure. But, as for the island telling anybody anything.. I just don't think that's the case. I think the people in this story are driving by each other and the lives they lead and have led.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Whether the Island is a sentient being or not is irrelevant to the main point of LOST, though I believe the Island is alive.

The main point of LOST is that people are lost and unless they learn to live together they will die alone. And sometimes people walk amongst us but they are not one of us. And what's done is done. And everything that happens in the repetitious cycles of civilization is only Progress leading to one final End.

LOST is a story of the human condition. The Island could be a Being from Beyond or just an island that happens to have some exotic minerals stuck in it. Either way, people are gonna be people and are gonna do what people do.

So I am content to agree on what matters in the show [the point of the show] while disagreeing on trivial matters that are of no real consequence. Us humans are not affected by Quantum Physics at all because us humans are constantly observing and interfering with the possibilities and forcing one out come or another and not both.
Back to top Go down
maniz1988

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:40 pm

At the temple, Lennon comes and asks Jack to come with them to talk. As Jack struggles with two of the others, Sayid slowly sits up, leaving everyone looking shocked. Sayid asks "What happened?"

maniz

Self Employed Mortgages
dental design
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:06 am

MM was disappointed that the Others hadn't taken a shower in like 150 years
Back to top Go down
daovandat

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 am

thanks for your share

male enhancement
buy shakeology
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the temple other wanted with Jack   What the temple other wanted with Jack Empty

Back to top Go down

What the temple other wanted with Jack
Page 1 of 1