The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?

Go down 
+4
Drive Shaft
BensEvilEyes
DharmaCrisps
pjspitt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pjspitt

pjspitt

Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? Empty
PostSubject: Ben and Lockes ''Portal'' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:56 pm

HI, I (like everyone else!!) am brand new to this forum, and am unsure as to whether I'm even posting in the right section, but hey here goes.

Sorry but not sure which episodes they are, but right after Ben turns the wheel he goes off the island and to Tunisia I believe? The same happens to Locke. Now I've read a good few theories on 'The Other(s)' Forum regarding Egyptian God's etc. So what I'm suggesting, or wondering for that matter, does the 'Exit' portal from The Island have any significance at all.

Any thought's or ideas very welcome.

Question Question Question Question

P.S I do know that Tunisia isn't actually in Egypt!! lol!

P.P.S The episodes are 'The life and death of Jeremy Bentham' and 'The shape of things to come'
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: I bet it does...   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:03 pm

because if I'm not mistaken, that's where the polar bear skeleton was discovered by Charlotte on her excavation....I bet that's a big part of the grand scheme of things! farao
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
pjspitt

pjspitt

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Yeah i'd forgotten about that!! It's just weird, how when they leave the island, via the wheel, they end up in the same place, even when the Island has moved.
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: I was just reading and found out...   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:57 pm

that the Romans colonized Tunisia. The Berber people that lived there (pre-islamic invasion)were so greatly influenced by the Romans that many of them began to speak LATIN (language of the Dharmos) and converted to Catholisism. I thought that was interesting. Maybe the Others are Berbers.

Here's the link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=cCfrljJpkoMC&pg=PA24&lpg=PA24&dq=speak+latin+in+tunisia&source=bl&ots=QBqswrkgmt&sig=z35d8P5PVNdUA-_5CnKHGe9wGdE&hl=en&ei=MAIXSs3GGee-tweOicX5DA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#PPA24,M1
Back to top Go down
pjspitt

pjspitt

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:02 pm

So far it's only been a one way portal, Ben, Locke and polar bear (sorry for swearing...haha), but what if at one time it was two way, after all Tunisia isn't too far from Egypt, that might be one reason why so much culture on the Island is Egyptian in origin?
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: I agree...   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm still wondering about the Others going back and forth between the island. Did they just not leave before Dharma and the Sub? Nah, something must have happened to the portal that prevented them from returning through it to the island....yeah, they had to have another way b/c Richard visited Locke as a kid, and that was before the Dharmos, right?
Back to top Go down
BensEvilEyes

BensEvilEyes

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:58 am

Hey you guys should look into vile vortices. There have been several LOST theories on them. They are a theory (look on wiki) and Tunisia is over one of them and I believe other LOST locations have been over them.....

Here is a map of their locations -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vile_Vortices_Map.png

And a short explanation-

The Vile Vortices are twelve roughly evenly distributed geographic areas that are alleged to have the same mysterious qualities popularly associated with the Bermuda Triangle. The best-known vortices are the Bermuda Triangle itself, the Devil's Sea near Japan and the South Atlantic Anomaly.

I think maybe they could be used for traveling purposes???

On a separate but related note..

My main theory supports other people's vile vortice theories as it deals with the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus (Greek/Egyption God) being supposedly being buried under the vile vortice, the Giza Plateau in Egypt. It's like a tablet that supposdely hold thr secrets of the world or something like that, it's been a while since I read about it....,maybe that could be the reason for the Dharma Gemologist.

Last edited by BensEvilEyes on Sat May 23, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drive Shaft

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:21 pm

there is also "the MICHIGAN TRIANGLE" which is a small area on lake michigan where unexplained phenomena are said to happen... i find this somewhat ironic as how alot of the dharma people talked bout going back to ann arbor, possibly another portal
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:50 pm

anne, i guess eric found HIS loophole....as a guest he can spam the board.....go get 'im girl...lol
Back to top Go down
Drive Shaft

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:39 pm

ERIC, you lost little boy, i hope a polar bear finds your ass... get him anne
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 am

got em'! grrrrrrrr. Polar Bears get shot round' here! Cool
Back to top Go down
jsacton

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:30 pm

boy this is fascinating. I wonder how on earth the producer's will explain EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Maybe the exit runs along a Ley(Lay) Line or where they intersect. If you look at a map of these lines you can see a correlation between places with supernatural or other unexplained phenomenon and the intersection of these lines. Stonehenge, DC and the Bermuda Triangle fall near these points.
Back to top Go down
chickengold92

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 am

because if I'm not mistaken, that's where the polar bear skeleton was discovered by Charlotte on her excavation....I bet that's a big part of the grand scheme of things! Me too ^^!

electronic cigarette shop
caribbean holidays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?   Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lockes 'Portal' back to now?
Page 1 of 1