The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Jacob must have travelled back in time

Go down 
+2
theRealEricRobertson
benjacko699
6 posters
AuthorMessage
benjacko699

Jacob must have travelled back in time Empty
PostSubject: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Ok bare with me on this.
How did flight 815 crach? Because desmond stopped pressing the button right? therefore bringing the plane to the island causing it to crash.That is the reason we are given correct?
So that goes against the idea that jacob intentially brough them their? it was caused by desmond, an unfortuante accident right?
An argument against this may be that jacob touched these people in order to guide them to the island one way or another.
I disagree with this.
I think jacob asks for lists, sees who is on the list, gets information about them through the others and then decides who he feels are potential 'candiates' or whom may useful to him.
I believe that once jacob found out things about jack, kate, hurley etc he Time travelled back and touched them. This isnt to guide them on the 815 flight, this is to guide them to the 816 flight instead as he knows now they will become useful.
I find it diffiuclt to understand that jacob touching them in the past means the come to the island, it was an unfortuante circumstance. jacob from then can decide who he feels is right for the island?
another idea about the 'touch' is that he feels they have potential to be the candidates? i dont know ....
any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
benjacko699

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm

sorry i mean the second plane, not 816*... think its 316, am having a bad day with memory, hungover haha
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Jacob didn't have to go back in time because Jack and friends went back in time and the Island learned about the future by reading their hearts and minds and souls and such and imparted this knowledge to Jacob who then went looking for them to touch them and to speak to then so that they would eventually come to him at the right moment.

this is what I believe anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Well all I can say is that it does appear that Jacob is from the future going back in time to touch or interact with them. He seems to know the exact dates and times to go to. Why, I don't really have that together yet. Does anyone remember why Desmond delayed on punching in the numbers? I can't remember, what was he doing?
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:10 pm

I do NOT believe that Jacob travels in time to intervene in the losties' lives. I think that he does this all in real time. Hence the comment about thread taking a long time to create. He had to wait for these people to reach these specific points in their lives so he could nudge them in the desired direction.

BTW. Desmond missed the numbers because he was busy accidentally killing Kelvin.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:44 pm

sniphneris wrote:
I do NOT believe that Jacob travels in time to intervene in the losties' lives. I think that he does this all in real time. Hence the comment about thread taking a long time to create. He had to wait for these people to reach these specific points in their lives so he could nudge them in the desired direction.

BTW. Desmond missed the numbers because he was busy accidentally killing Kelvin.

you are exactly right ... Jacob had 20 years to figure out what was to come, from the time Richard told him people from the future had come and vanished before their eyes ...

then when Sawyer talked to Richard in 1974, Jacob had 2 years to follow Sawyer out in the real world to be there when something important happened that would make Sawyer need to go to the Island ...

people had been coming to the Island for a very long time ... Jacob had plenty of time and experience to learn to calculate how to watch and wait ...

plus too the Island is obviously alive ... it would be much easier for the Island to tell Jacob where to go than to make him live forever ...

Dreams and Visions come to people all the time, but very few live forever on this earth without aging.

as I said before when the Losties time-skipped into the future to 2007 then time-skipped back to 1954, they carried with them all the information the Island needed of the future to share with Jacob.

I am putting together a logical scenario based on evidence.

I am not making up a theory based on nothing just to be different.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:49 pm

mujerperdida wrote:
Well all I can say is that it does appear that Jacob is from the future going back in time to touch or interact with them. He seems to know the exact dates and times to go to.

we were not shown how long Jacob waited to talk to Sawyer, but in 1974 Sawyer talked to Richard about events from 1954 and named John Locke.

2 years later we see Jacob meeting Sawyer at his parents funeral ...

a Funeral is publicized, so Jacob could have been waiting ... he did not know Sawyer's name but between what Richard told him in 1954 and what the Island told him since then, he knew where to go.

this is what I think at least.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 11:55 pm

we also do not know how many people Jacob may have visited over the years ...

we are just being shown what we need to see to understand what is going on now ...

the one's we saw Jacob touch [ Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid and Hurley ] are the one's who will go to 2007 to take Jacob's seat of authority.

not Juliet ... I don't remember about Miles ... I think his whole purpose was to come to learn why his father sent him away and to be there to influence his father to send his younger self away.

Daniel's whole purpose was to get Jack to take the hydrogen bomb core to the Incident for explosion to send them to Jacob.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 pm

theRealEricRobertson wrote:
Daniel's whole purpose was to get Jack to take the hydrogen bomb core to the Incident for explosion to send them to Jacob.

I can not figure out how Daniel knew so much about the events leading up to the incident and why he DIDN'T know that HE would die. He was doing things like nudging Dr. Chang along. He says to Miles, "I was making sure that your father does what he's supposed to do." How does he know what Chang is supposed to do? Any research that he could do at DHARMA HQ in 1977 would NOT give him this info.

He knows more than he should... We havent seen the last of Daniel.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

How did his Mom know his entire life and not mention this to him? Even if you think you can't change anything in the past, i don't think this would stop any good mother from trying. The stuff he does know about mostly concerns the DI and their experiments. Maybe since he died in the Others camp, it was never recorded so there's no way he could see that future. I feel like his mother did everything possible to keep this secret from him. What a crazy thing to live with...
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Ms Hawking did what Jacob told her to do.

Daniel knew about the events leading up to the Incident because Dr Change made sure that Ms Hawking new enough to make sure Daniel did what he was supposed to do ...

it is only after Jack and friends leave that DHARMA starts telling their children "God loves you as he loved Jacob"

Dr Change became a believer in Jacob.

between Dr Chang and Ms Hawking and Richard, Jacob's plan was carried out perfectly for the next 30 years ... ever wonder why Charlotte learned to speak Korean? every wonder why Sun and Jin were brought to the Island? I am sure Dr Chang could tell you ... if he were still alive [ which he probably is ]
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Ok - some complication....

MM controlled the time flashes and stopped them in 1977 to keep the "probelmatic" LOSTIES out of his hair in the present. His main goal during all this was to manipulate Locke. The rest were essentially "baggage". He knew Jacob brought them to the island so he figured, I will leave them in 1977 where they can't mess up my plan. Jacob figured out his plan and got some of the LOSTIES back to 1977 to help. The "explsoion" at the end was the final time flash (I believe they said all the TT would end in S5). Miles, Juliet and Daniel were guided there by Jacob to simply get them "back to the present" but MM missed that. Someone trusted needed to be in the present to witness what happened and tell the story when the Losties came back from 1977. Sun. Jack was purposely "not on the list" so less attention and research would be done on him. He is the one responsible for that final flash.

Some people knew about the Losties being in 1974-77 (Widmore, Richard, Eloise, Ben)which is why we see all these coincidences. Hey, if you know that there is a Korean couple involved in the future, get someone to learn Korean. If there is TT then get someone (Daniel) who can figure it out , or at least try. It seemed that Eloise was very concerned about not changing the past so she willingly sent Daniel to his death rather than risk trying to change the past and have an unknown after 1977.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacob must have travelled back in time   Jacob must have travelled back in time Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacob must have travelled back in time
Page 1 of 1