The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Is this all a time loop? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Is this all a time loop? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Is this all a time loop? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Is this all a time loop? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Is this all a time loop? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Is this all a time loop?

Go down 
+3
mujerperdida
Frogs and Logs
cabinfever
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cabinfever

Is this all a time loop? Empty
PostSubject: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 1:58 pm

So I've been watching the first season over again, and I'm beginning to see a lot of clues that make me feel that this is all a time loop, and the losties in season 1 somehow already know each other or have experienced this before.
The episode, 'House of a Rising Sun' is the first time Jack, Kate, Locke, and Charlie come across 'Adam and Eve' in the cave. Jack and Kate are looking at the bodies, when Charlie comes up and speculates, "These are the people that were here before us." As soon as he says this, Jack shoots Locke kind of a weird look, like SAY SOMETHING! John begins to talk, as if they are hiding something or he's trying to cover something up.
Take a look at the epidose, its about 14 minutes in, and let me know what you think. I dont know if Im forcing myself to start to see patterns, or if these are all clues as to what the f is going on.
Back to top Go down
Frogs and Logs

Frogs and Logs

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 pm

i cannot deny that it is possible that there is a time loop or that it will come full circle and end that way.. though i still refuse to believe the theories of a time loop.. i would like to think the show as whole is progressing to an acute ending.. also i think that even though it is apparent that the writers pull from a lot of different sources and references via biblical, egyptian, etc.. it is still their own story and that they will come to their own ending. it was once said that Steven King's work in general and "The Stand" was a big influence.. that would explain a big good vs. evil, two main foes ala' Jacob and MM, end of the world... but i thing we can only use these references as guides to come to our own conclusions with keeping in mind that it's still a story of it's own... could it be a time loop? sure.. i just can't bring myself to believing it. i don't believe the Losties know they have been there before they actually went there.. as in there is ONE TIME LINE.. now if we see them back in 2007 in season six of course they now know they have been in the past.. however.. if they appear back at the time of the crash.. it will not be the same as season one.. because they now HAVE BEEN back to the past.. though i don't feel like they will show up for the crash.. i could be totally wrong though.. that's my take. it could be that season ones so called clues could simply be a case of dejavu ?spelling? like they have this feeling like maybe this has happened before but only because it hasn't happened yet like a pre-dejavu feeling.. sort of like Desmond's Charley flashes but without the visuals. i don't know.. as i think to the writers of the show... PLEASE NO TIME LOOP!
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 pm

I'd have to agree with you F&L, I sure hope there is no time loop. I believe the producers are much more creative than that. I'm a big Sci-fi fan, especially Star-trek and I have to admit, the "timeloop" thing has been done too many times before-not only on star trek. Let's think beyond the loop... Wink
Back to top Go down
solipsismaldisplacement

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:42 am

For now it is a timeloop...until there is definitive proof that something major has changed/will change they seem doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past... or is it their present...either way yall know what i mean. Take desmond and faraday being introduced not once but twice (via phone and through CTT). I know everyone says desmond is the special one, but looking back at him taking the hit in the bar whose to say that smack didnt mess up his memory to the convinient point that he forgets getting hit and only thinks things have changed... something like that.
I would prefer the no alternate time line since it has been done to death. I know it may seem pessimistic but i want the infinite loop. If they do not show everything and end the show explaining that jacob and mm are from our losties future spawned by the actions on the show... something can change for us but not for them which may satisfy all or ruin the show for most. If they end the show being back where they started with all the knowledge of events it would simply be implied that they will change it, or maybe even they collectively give the VE to hanso and enzo. Or the world could end since the numbers havent changed.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:48 pm

I think we will see next season that it is not a time loop.
I have no proof, but this is what I think.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Is it possible that the Losties have been on the island before, are stuck in a time loop, but somehow only their subconsciousness knows it... PLOT TWIST!
Back to top Go down
http://vilhelmslostblog.blogspot.com/
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Remember.......it only ENDS once!
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Everything before that is just progress...
Back to top Go down
http://vilhelmslostblog.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this all a time loop?   Is this all a time loop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this all a time loop?
Page 1 of 1