The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

MM controlled flash time destinations

Go down 
+2
rogersbeer
lostorconfused
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

MM controlled flash time destinations Empty
PostSubject: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm

This was part of an earlier post I staretd but I think the topic was just too large. Let's focus in a bit.

At least 3 of the TT flashes were an integral part of MM's plan with Locke. First was the 1954 flash, where Locke tells Richard he will be the next leader. (The only way to get to see Jacob, it seems). The second was the bullet removal scene when Lock is told he must die. (Seems the way MM takes over Locke's form) and the final flash to the well, were Locke moves the wheel,( to get off the island to die).

My thought is that in this game/challenge, Jacob gets to choose who plays (and is the ultimate leader) and MM gets to manipulate the playing field, including the TT.
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm

good theory. i was thinkin' this as well. this is why we didnt get the white flash in season finale until juliet blows the bomb. the bomb will clear the area so the swan can be built.
and so the button can be pushed until sept 22 2004 when desmond forgets and brings 815 to the island.
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:01 pm

so if whatever happens, happens, then how the hell are the losties still gonna live after that blast
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 pm

because that is what always happened
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Jack and friends flash out instantaneously to 2007 ... the bomb blows up in 1977 ... even though the bomb blows up at close to the speed of light, Jack and friends move faster than the speed of light.
Back to top Go down
http://thecatcave.wetpaint.com/
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:50 am

I don't think the bomb explodes. I believe that something "punctured" the energy bubble and the flash was only a TT flash. (the LAST one per the writers) The writers nicely left it unclear (as always),as to whether that was an explosion or a time flash, which is the perfect way to have something to answer in the premier of S6 and to keep us all theorizing. If they had ended with the 1977 Losties in the present then that gives away too much, too soon. The failsafe in the hatch explodes the bomb (which I believe is really only the trigger from the big bomb - an H bomb has 2 explosions, a small one that compresses the main nuke charge which then gives teh real big bang). Which goes back to what happens when that trigger explodes - how did it affect the energy source vs. pushing the button?
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Well then if thats the case, Juliet is dead because she was so close to the blast, but the blast was absorbed by the energy pocket and used for a massive time travel
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 pm

the bomb blew up exposing the exotic matter which flashes Jack and friends to 2007.

the fail-safe operation is the same as what the computer does every 108 minutes ... it is electrical ... there is no tiny nuke blowing up every 108 minutes.
Back to top Go down
rogersbeer

rogersbeer

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 am

i think rasinskey remembers jack using a bomb to stop the energy so he rigged another bomb to the failsafe under the hatch. that rasinsky is crazy.
Back to top Go down
theRealEricRobertson

theRealEricRobertson

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:19 am

Radzinski was a bit high strung Hatch
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Radanzki didnt kill himself, MM did, he was just stoned on island kush
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Can anyone remember the other "flashes" and what significant event happened? When was the flash that had Faraday tell them to bury the bomb? Perhaps that was Jacob taking advantage of MM's controlled time flashes? There was also the flash to the statue in the background.
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

The statue was the last one before they ended in 1977, only thing is no one was controlling the flashes, they were all random because the fdw was constantly moving on a broken axis like a record skipping
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:22 pm

It certainly seemed random yet why did so many of them seem to work into MM's plan for Locke? Coincidence? Too hard to believe that. Think about when they flashed out - just after the bullet is removed and Locke is told he must die, right after Locke tells Richard that he will be the leader and info about his birth, as soon as Locke gets into the well so he can't be helped by Sawyer and the rest and has to turn the wheel. Can't be a coincidence, I think somehow MM was able to control the time flash time destinations. I can't remember what happened during the statue flash. I may have to rewatch those.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:38 pm

More flashes (and support for being controlled by MM):

1. Losties flash just before Ethan kills Locke (if he dies then MM's plan won't work)
2.Faraday at the hatch. Tells Desmond to contact his mother They flash before he can get out her name. (Probably delayed Des long enough for Locke to die off island. Had he known the name he would have found Eloise right away and they may have gone back without Locke dying - no good for MM plan!))
3. Sawyer sees Kate and Claire with Aaron, then they flash again (no idea about that significance. Possibly Sawyer was having thoughts of going in and saying hi. MM couldn't risk this.)
4. The Losties were shot at in the boat and flashed at that time. (no idea how that would work into MM's plan other than IF that is Llana and crew in the other boat MM couldn't run the risk of them running into her at that time, especially if they had Locke's body)
5. Roussea is about to shoot Jin and he flashes. (no idea)
6. Jin stops Roussea from entering the cave with the monster after it drags in Montand and then flashes. (Rossuea needs to live to birth Alex who later, after she is killed, is used to get Ben to follow FLockes instruction to kill Jacob)

All in all - the things that happen in all flashes seem to play into MM's plan. Can't be coincidental. He must be able to control the flashes.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Remember when Widmore said to Ben, "If the island wants her dead (alex), she'll be dead."

interesting...
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 am

If you read my stargate comments you'll see that I agree with this theory in principle.Just to summarise my thoughts:

In Stargate Season 1, SG1 goes through the gate(a wormhole) into a new world(as they do in every episode).When they arrive, they start snoping around, then next thing you know they are waking up, lying on beds, wondering what happened.On further investigation they find out that they'd been cloned.This one guy left in this world operated a machine that cloned not only their bodies, but their consciousness also.This reminded me so much of MM acting as Locke.I think MM knows perhaps not HOW to control the flashes, but rather WHEN the flashes will take place-hence why he knew exactly where to go and what time to take Richard to see Locke.

I think how he does this will be revealed throughout S6.How does he know the future?Well he has to have been there.It makes me think that 316 must have landed exactly the same day that S5 E1 started!Let me explain:

316 lands at the same time the first flashes start...
To avoid Paradox they land on the other side of the Island...
Real Locke is flashing in time by himself....
Flocke(false Locke) meantime has landed with Locke's dead body...
Sawyer, Juliette, Faraday, Bernard, Jin, Locke etc are flashing separately
Flocke takes Ben to see Smokie...
Sawyer and co are still flashing....
Flocke shows Richard where to find Real Locke amongst the flashes...
Meanwhile Real Locke meets up with Sawyer and co and continues flashing....
Flocke then heads the Others' journey to see Jacob..
(all the while Real Locke does not know that his future dead body is lying on the other side of the Island)...
Real Locke turns FDW...
Sawyer & co stop flashing at 1974...
Real Locke is in LA...
Flocke gets to Jacob-Ben kills Jacob..
Ilana & co catch up and halt the party....
Flocke was caught in a loop where he was ....i dunno..it's all crazy..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MM controlled flash time destinations   MM controlled flash time destinations Empty

Back to top Go down

MM controlled flash time destinations
Page 1 of 1