The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Why did only the Losties flash in time?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

Why did only the Losties flash in time? Empty
PostSubject: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:45 pm

This has always bugged me. How does the TT flash mechanism know to only flash them? Does this imply some control over the time flashes (I posted a theory which puts MM behind it as a way to work his loophole) I can almost see why the Others would not flash, they are somehow tied to the Island, but what about the Dharma people? They are visitors just like the flight 815 survivors. Also, did the other 815ers also flash in time? My recollection is hurting right now. Can somebody help me???
Back to top Go down
Timfitz42

Timfitz42

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 pm

My guess is that going into the temple has some sort of affect that makes you immune to the time jumps. It seems to be the obvious answer with one exception: Juliette ... however I'm starting to thinkl she never went into the temple. She seems to be the only "other" that is dying to get the hell off the island.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Good idea. Did DHARMA people go into the temple? Juliette was branded, literally, when she killed one of the Others back when Sawyer and Kate were held in the cages. Perhaps that is a form of ex-communication from the Others?
Back to top Go down
Timfitz42

Timfitz42

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:09 pm

No, no one from Dharma went in ... but I think the only ones who traveled in time were people who were present when the "island was moved" and had not gone into the temple. Since Dharma had been purged, and Rousseau had been shot ... that's a perfect split up of 815ers who traveled and others that didn't ... oh and and Juliette.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks for the timeframe reminder. So that group was essentially "tagged" somehow, during the first jump when the wheel was turned and popped off it's axis, and when they went back to say, 1954, and then flashed out the rest did not follow since they were not tagged or were Others.
Back to top Go down
Timfitz42

Timfitz42

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:02 am

Or the other way around ... the others are tagged from going into the temple, and only those who aren't tagged are jumping through time.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Tim - that would make more sense. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 pm

interesting idea Tim.It's good to get another perspective-you've made me think more..No wonder when the Others knew the mercs going to wreak havoc, they all evacuated to the temple..perhaps the drill has always been that when under serious threat they go to the temple to avoid time skips because the last resort is to turn the wheel???
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:37 pm

I dont think the temple is involved. The island or something or someone wanted that select group of people to be in that position at that point. Thats why only a select few (jack, kate, hugo) from the second flight got sent back and sun and ben stayed. I doubt they will even begin to try and explain what really happend, the best we can hope for is the classic lost line "the island chose to do it". Have u ever encountered a religious person and challenged them to answer a faith questioning scenario only to have them answer it with the age old "its gods will" answer lol. well "the island chose to do it" is the "its gods will" of the 21st century.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did only the Losties flash in time?   Why did only the Losties flash in time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did only the Losties flash in time?
Page 1 of 1