The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" Empty
PostSubject: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:32 pm

The question is, "What lies in the SHADOW of the statue?", not "what is in the statue"? The answer has been translated from Latin as "He who protects us", I believe. Could it not be Jacob? He is in the statue not necessarily in the shadow. Or could shadow mean something other than the physical shadow of the statue.

One definition of shadow is an inseperable companion. Could the person be Richard, the inseperable companion/advisor of Jacob? Richard says that "Jacob made him that way" when Fake Locke mentions not aging. He has to be very special to Jacob, or he is actually the real Jacob and MM has been conned for ever, haha!

Maybe I am making too much of this but an earlier post about thinking outside the box got me going.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 am

this is good thinking.I never thought of it in that way.Out of all the explanations for that phrase this is an original one.And makes sense.Ben said he was like an advisor.A companion to Jacob who advises the Others?.However on further reflection, why would Lana ask Richard?Actually that makes sense too lol Only Richard knew the answer, and she asked for his name...holy cow you could really be onto something here!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:38 pm

I was thinking a bit more about this possibility. If Jacob is dead (or will act dead even if he is not) then I assume Mr. FakeLocke/MM will stroll out of the statue base, reveal his true identity (after all, there HAS to be questions when everyon sees 2 Lockes) and proclaim victory.

He said before he went it to see Jacob, "it will all change soon" and when he was asked about saving "his people (meaning the Losties)" he implied that they should all be killed. Is his plan to end all lives on the island so there is no way this game can start again? If so, and Jacob is dead, Richard is the one who is left "to protect us all".
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Why is Ilana the only one so far who "knows" Jacob? the rest of the characters view Jacob's visits as that of a random encounter with an unknown person. Kate, Jack, James, Sun, Jin. Hurley had a bit more meaningful encounter but still does not know Jacob's identity. It seemed as though Ilana and Jacob had some sort of previous relationship. Whether it be master/slave, god/goddess, or something less interesting is yet to be determined.

We have only been introduced to Bram through Miles' flashback and a few limited exchanges since the Ajira crash. As far as the rest of their little clique, no one has been introduced formally. The identity of the Ajira group is crucial to the big picture. This is why it has not been elaborated on thus far. To know these people, is to know the details of the game.

I've thought a lot about Richard Alpert. Jacob obviously needs Richard to influence the "choices" of his people. Hence the term, advisor. But, is this because Jacob is vulnerable in some way if he communicates directly? or is it a violation of some rule in the ongoing conflict with MM? I think that maybe Richard had some intuition as to fake Locke's intentions for Jacob, and that fake Locke was not Locke. Maybe Richard has been enslaved by Jacob as punishment for enslaving others (The Black Rock). It could be that Richard allowed MM's plan to unfold in order to free himself. Throughout the show, since Richard showed up, I have seen someone who shows unquestionable loyalty to Jacob, or whom he believes is Jacob. So Im not 100% on him being a disgruntled Jacob follower, but it is worth thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Conway Boi

Conway Boi

PostSubject: Re: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:30 pm

When we hear the phrase "what lies in the shadow of the statue" we all imedietly think of Jacobs house and i have to ask why ?. I mean there is no statue there n e more. One ov the things they need 2 explain in series 6 is where the statue went and i wouldnt B surprised if something was lying in the shadow ov its remains.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 5:21 pm

I think that Egytpians were the first people that Jacob brought to the island to try to prove his side of the "bet" he has with MM. THey seemed to have lived there awhile, long enough to build the full statue which appears to have been destroyed when someone started hostilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"   Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue" Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard is the person who "Lies in the shadow of the Statue"
Page 1 of 1