The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...

Go down 
+7
JohnLocke73
error747
Eko's_Stick
cornholiogringo1
mujerperdida
tdpough
gtatar2329
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gtatar2329

gtatar2329

Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... Empty
PostSubject: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:29 pm

More of a question than a theory...

How are the Others seemingly so strong? I just watched an episode where Ethan picked up Charlie by the neck. In an earlier episode I saw him beat the heck out of Jack in the rain. Only Sawyer has been able to top Jack... and we all know he is a BA.

Julie may not be "strong" but can shoot incredibly accurately. And she states all the Others know Latin.

Do they train somewhere? Do they "change" immediately when they become an Other? Remember Ben's moves after he transported to Tunisia? He has some military training obviously.

Almost seems like The Matrix and these abilities are somehow downloaded into their being. Maybe the Temple is a futuristic/spiritual place that opens people's potential. Maybe that is why they lose their innocence, because they have maxed out early without the work that goes along with that.

My first post ever... probably due to this fantastic Lost site. Be nice!
Back to top Go down
tdpough

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:59 pm

good question. and dont forget about the move juliette made when kate tried to attack her upon entering the room.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:12 pm

You're onto something there gtatar, the strength, the Latin, the obvious training.
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 1:49 pm

perhaps its all part of the brainwashing done in room 23, but its obvious they all have militaristic skills in combat and are really good at stealth. I really want to know more about the others, and why they are so important to the island
Back to top Go down
Eko's_Stick

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Don't forget, how Ben whipped the tails of the guys on camels
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Good call. I never noticed their seemingly superhuman strength and abilities. There must be some sort of training or discipline involved. The thing i don't get is Ben has had his ass kicked so many times. With all of this training, you would think he would be able to get out of some of these beat downs.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 pm

The island causes healing. Maybe those who live on the island for long periods of time 'aquire' strength and conditioning.
Back to top Go down
http://vilhelmslostblog.blogspot.com/
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Possibly.. Based on this, I wonder if we would ever get to see Richard kick some butt, since he's been there the longest. All we've seen him do is smack Eloise in the back of the head.

The brainwashing seems possible too though, since we know they are already set up for such a scenario. I've never heard of people gaining talents or physical advantages through brainwashing but the human mind is a very powerful thing.
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 pm

They are trained, it's part of "Others 101"
But the island must give them superhuman strenght, that's the first thing I noticed about the others, even Juliette whom was an average mortal prior to going there has this strenght.
Remeber in the other 48 days, the tail section people were all kidnaped or killed it was only Mr.Echo who was able to overpower his abductor with the use of his stick.
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:54 pm

error, you have to take down that pic....it is quite distracting Shocked
Back to top Go down
Eko's_Stick

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 pm

I think Ben has gotten beat up many times, but in his defense, he allowed those to happen. He never fought back when he was getting beat down.
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:06 pm

True, When he gets beaten up it's always part of a plan
"I always have a plan"
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Well he must be masochist because he sure does take quite a few hits for his plans. But yes, it seems he always does have some motive or plan even when he's down. Maybe Ethan just worked out everyday and had 'guns' for arms, and since Charlie was an drug addict he weighed next to nothing. Haha, Ethan will PUMP, you UP!
Back to top Go down
DharmaCrisps
Admin
DharmaCrisps

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 am

I would think some kind of training is involved...along with the power of the island, also, if they've been around since the Black Rock arrived, that's a long time to work on your "Mr./Mrs. Bad ass" skills...that room 23 place was freaky, huh? Did you guys see how it almost drew Sawyer in, Kate had to snap him out of it. Wonder if that had any longer-term affect on him?...

P & L!!!
Anne
Back to top Go down
https://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:37 am

error747 wrote:
Ethan will PUMP, you UP!

LOL! Ethan is a fiscal conservative with moderate social values. Governor of cu-lee-fornia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...   Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ethan, Julie, and other "Others"...
Page 1 of 1