The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
My theory on MM and Jacob EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
My theory on MM and Jacob EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
My theory on MM and Jacob EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
My theory on MM and Jacob EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
My theory on MM and Jacob EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

My theory on MM and Jacob

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LostINZ

LostINZ

My theory on MM and Jacob Empty
PostSubject: My theory on MM and Jacob   My theory on MM and Jacob EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 pm

In reply to comments made by froggie about the FDW, I agree with a lot of that.. Further to your comments, my theory is that Christian was following MM's orders when he helped Locke to turn the wheel.Maybe he built it as part of his plan to get out of the timeloop-he said it himself-it always ends the same-they come, they fight, they destroy,they conquer.Obviously he has lived it more than once or twice.Understanding this point might be simple:

The Losties showed us that people who travel together share their own relativistic time and physical law.If one or more break away from the group the rest get out of sync with Island timemuch like if you and I were on the Island and i drop kicked you 200 yards out into the ocean.If you yelled I would hear your yelling a second or two after the fact(this is quantum physics). This is because the speed of sound is faster than the speed of light-but also the greater the distance, the more time it takes to receive it, capiche?And also if you were to bang a drum I'd hear it before I saw your drumstick hit the drum.It sounds pretty trippy but anyone can go outside and test it.It is a physics fact.

On the Island the electromagnetism seems to magnify this effect quite intensely to the point where a freighter a couple of miles seaward experiences(in real time) a rocket landing on the Island before Faraday and co experience it.Furthermore, the mercs see Doc Ray wash up on the beach, then get to the freighter and find him alive temporarily before he gets shot.In real time the even happened only once.But the mercs as travellers from one end to the other experienced the effect before the cause(which seemed to them to mean the Island is ahead of time, although the rocket suggested the Island was behind time).So you get what relativity implies? Good.Moving along.

Skipping.Skipping happens if when the FDW is turned off its axis, one or more people from the same relativistic time proximity leaves the Island.Returning the FDW to its axis stops the flashing immediately.

So MM and Jacob have lived together on the Island for centuries, maybe even millenia.If one leaves the Island, the other skips(this is my theory).If Jacob leaves the Island to go recruit people to come to the Island(which MM accused him of constantly doing ), then MM skips.The more Jacob does this, the more MM has to go back to scratch and re-live so many hours, days, weeks, months, years.This is why he says it always ends the same.But Jacob says it only ends once-anything before that is just progress.Maybe like Froggie said, MM and Jacob cause the end of the world, or they just keep looping because the incident causes the Swan to need the numbers, Des causes 815 to crash, but then they loop back to the beginning when it happens because they reincarnate into one of the Losties.The Losties caused a timeloop-Sawyer TT'ed back to 1974-his younger self will grow up and crash on the Island, TT to 1974, and another younger self will exist and grow up and etc etc..We know this must be so because Miles saw himself as a baby.Now that baby will grow up and return to the Island in 1974 and see his baby self...it never ends...Have you seen that painting of a painter painting a painting of himself painting a painting of himself painting a painting....?

Question: Why did Jacob bring people to the Island? Why do the Others seem to hate outsiders? Well Charlotte declared "this place is death" and Miles said the Island is riddled with bodies all over it.The Others also make a point of taking their bodies back to their side for cremation?? I think Pickett's wife was put on a boat and floated out or something?? I think the main thing is that Jacob told them to make sure their bodies do not get inhabited by any bad spirits on the Island.At this stage I'm torn between MM being an inhabiting spirit and a reincarnating being.

Ben told Danielle if she wants her baby to remain safe then everytime she hears whispers she should run the other way.Sounds to me like the whispers are dead people who protect the Others.It seems like people's bodies can be poossessed a dead person if they die.MM and Jacob are probably the highest evolved spirits, being able to take bodies as hosts.I think the MM Jacob spoke to on the beach was just his spirit, and that Jacob's body is mortal at that time right until Ben stabs him.

MM took Christian's body to the temple when 815 landed(he was one of the passengers), and summoned his spirit and convinced him that he could get his family back together again.He even summons Claire to complete the deception.Claire, still alive falls for it as well.So he used Christian to set up his next move-getting Locke to kill himself and get back to the Island.Richard heard from 2007/8 MM that he should tell 2004/5 Locke(who had just TT'ed around the corner to 2007/Cool, he must die to get his people back.The Locke that Ilana found in the crate was the TTing Locke that MM told Richard to treat.Do you all get that? MM was never on the plane ..When Locke's body arrived MM took Locke's body as a host. Then when Richard tells timetravelling Locke he must die, Locke goes and gets killed by Ben then Ben brings his body back and this time Locke's body is found in the crate.What a loop!

Ben turning the FDW was the loophole.Prior to that only Jacob had turned it.MM had been waiting all this time for someone dumb enough to turn the FDW.By turning it and the O6 causing the flashing, it made possible a timeloop that didn't include Jacob and MM.Therefore MM could finally impersonate a leader of the Others, and get marched up to see Jacob.He had inhabited Ellie and Widmore previously but Jacob used Richard to keep them at bay, telling them "you can't just ask to see Jacob".So I bet he kept stringing them along too so MM couldn't get near Jacob and instruct someone to kill him.

The Locke timeloop I just decribed was for MM a loophole.He was able to inhabit a leader who was capable of getting close to Jacob AND manipulate Ben into killing him.Why did Richard let Locke go to Jacob? The Others all had thought that Locke was special.MM was able to call Richard's bluff this time because Locke was the one leader who seemed a little more powerful than the other ones.He could fall 3 stories and live and survive a plane crash and walk again.Ben and Widmore never had that sort of clout.If Richard had denied Locke this time, there would have been an uprising.And since ALL the others went this time, the game was up.What they all didn't know was that Locke is now MM.You know how I worked out he was MM?The clothes he was wearing after 316 crashed were different.MM was just getting used to Locke's body and thoughts.

This is my best guess at this stage.It's a bit awkward in some places b ut I think I'm on the right track.There are so many things that contradict, the main one being MM having Locke's body but we just don't know if Locke is inside there or not.Was he MM all along? Did MM take over his body when 316 crashed? Or do they both exist inside the same body? And what really was the loophole? A tough one...

One thing I am sure about is that apart from Jacob and MM, everyone else truly believes they are doing the right thing but are following a course started by self-perpetuating lies.
Back to top Go down

My theory on MM and Jacob
Page 1 of 1