The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LostINZ

LostINZ

My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it Empty
PostSubject: My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it   My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:02 am

For the sake of easier comprehension only I am going to name the famous, yet new mystery man, Esau because Biblically Esau and Jacob were brothers.I will use Biblical names purely for the sake of consistency.But I do not propose that this show is about the Bible.

My theory is that Esau and Jacob are brothers.Their father, Isaac once looked after the Island and made sure that everyone that came to the Island lived in harmony. The Island has had the pocket of exotic matter for millenia.This allows for many other strange phenomena including time travel, spirits communicating through dreams and hallucinations, spirits possessing the bodies of the newly dead, healing, telepathy, and elekinesis, among other things.The Island was a place where people could come and start a new life.A place where you could become purged of your past and learn a new way of life.It was a microcosm of balance in the world.The Island allowed Isaac to travel to the future.One day Isaac sees many centuries into the future where the Losties come to the Island and create an alternate universe for the world. Realising that this could potentially destroy the balance of peace in the world he asks his two sons to effect a plan to make sure that harmony prevails.

Esau started out as the designer of the plan.He would make sure that everyone who came to the Island would keep harmony or die.Isaac quickly saw the evil in that plan and killed him.So Jacob continued to prepare for the Losties' arrival. Meanwhile Esau existed only in spirit form.He was utterly furious by what his father did and vowed to destroy this plan.He also was jealous of Jacob because Jacob still retained his own body.Esau declared to Jacob that even though he had no physical body, he would take all the spirits of those who came to the Island(all those who would follow him) and turn them against Jacob's plan.He has been teaching these spirits that fate is unavoidable.He and his spirits can possess the living if the living enter the temple. Jacob on the other hand has been trying to teach the living that there is always a choice.This doctrine of free will would become the centre of his plan.

Now I will use examples from the show to demonstrate that this theory is true.

Question A What two forces are at work on the Island?

There were many hints dropped since S1 that free will vs fate would be a theme on the show.one of the biggest was Charlie's fingers taped with the letters F A T E, and Locke talking about destiny.Libby appears to Michael as a hallucination and scares him into trying to kill himself. But he cannot.This shows Michael that he cannot die until he finishes his part on the Island.

Question B What is all the weird stuff happening to people's bodies?

S5 E5 This Place Is Death.Charlotte is traumatised by the amount of dead people on the Island.Miles also mentions in Jughead all the dead soldiers he hears.He immediately wants to get the hell out of dodge.Also The Others seem to know a lot about the dead people because they insist on burial of their own kind to be done on their side.They also love drawing a line in the sand and telling everyone to stay on the other side or there will be trouble(they said that to Losties as well as Dharma).I think that is because Jacob has told them to watch out for the spirits that follow Esau, who can possess the bodies of the living and the dead if you are caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.Rousseau's team got caught out when Montand got sucked under the temple by Smokie.Rousseau thought they were sick (tell me of a sickness that makes you kill and act liike a different verson at the drop of a hat).But clearly they were possessed by evil spirits(Esau's spirits).

In episode 13, Smoke filled the air before a dead Alex came and man-handled Ben.Clearly not the real soul of Alex-esau wanted Ben to listen to Locke because Esau has now entered

Locke's body.though.She told Ben to follow Locke.Yemi appeared to Eko and Eko knew after a while that it wasn't Yemi: "you talk to me as if I was your brother".This meeting

ended up with Eko being killed by Smokie.yemi basically wanted him to confess his evil ways or die.Sounds more like Esau than Yemi to me.Boone, in a dream, forgives Locke and

tells him to regather the family.Dead Christian tells Locke that he cannot help him turn the FDW.He never at any stage touches anyone in the first 5 seasons.And the way he led

Jack inland and never let Jack catch him-leads to me thinking that he didn't want Jack to try to touch him and realise he is only a spirit.Walt tells Shannon on two separate

occasions(while he was many miles away from her) not to open the hatch-he keeps his distance.Esau appears to be taking Locke's form.He and Jacob continue the conversation they

started from the time of the Black Rock.Also key was when Jacob asked him to have a bite to eat.Esau replied "no thanks, I've eaten".To me that was a joke between the two

because Esau cannot eat or kill Jacob as he hasn't got a body.Jacob was taunting him.So he orders Ben to do it.Walt, Black Stallion and Christian are spiritual mainfestations

sent from Isaac to guide the Losties in their moments of weakness.I believe the Hurleybird was a tribute from Lindelof to Twin Peaks where a certain inhabiting spirit called

Mike dies and his spirit immediately looks for somewhere to go and the closest thing was a bird.Ana Lucia and Charlie appearing to Hurley were dead.The fact they both could

touch Hurley, to me means that they are both dead and alive-alive in one reality, dead in another.

Questiont D What are the Whispers?

If you read the transcripts on Pedia and remember the weird yet familiar sounds heard in the first 3 seasons, you'll notice a common thread or two.One is that most of them

appear to be from people we've already seen living at some stage in previous seasons-the others seem to be from characters we assume have been mentioned but not yet seen(Black

Rock crew, US soldiers, ancients, dinosaurs.The most powerful commonality though is that they all seem to be rooting for one side or another.Some think that the Losties will

save them(they called Jack 'our hope').and Ana Lucia(who Chrisitan named Sarah when they met at the airport in Sydney) asked if Juliette was going to save them.Clearly the

whispers are two things: the spirits who are either rooting for the Losties to prevail or the spirits who are bound to carry out Esau's will.All spirits belong to either

category.This is why Ben told Danielle that for her own good, whenever she hears the Whispers she better run the other way.i think that the Others have their own dead

surrounding them.And even in death they enforce the rules.Ben lied to Widmore about Alex.Jacob knew that Alex was supposed to die-which was evidenced when Alex did die.Ben in

the first of many moments of weakness could not bring himself to enforce the word of Jacob in that instance.This is why we hear whispers a lot when the Others enter the scene-

their dead protect them from Esau's spirits.

Quetion E.So how do the Losties fit in and how did Esau enter Locke when Locke's body is in a box? How is the Island a magic box?

Shrodinger's cat theory(shout out to the OP of that theory).See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schroedinger%27s_cat.The thought experiment presents a cat that might be alive or

dead, depending on an earlier random event. Broadly stated, a quantum superposition is the combination of all the possible states of a system (for example, the possible

positions of a subatomic particle). The Copenhagen interpretation implies that the superposition undergoes collapse into a definite state only at the exact moment of quantum

measurement.In simple terms according to Quantum theory, a cat can be put into a box and is theoretically both dead and alive until someone opens the box to see, in which case

it's true status becomes fact to an observer.

In Lost the box is the Island plus its bubble shield surrounding it.The cat is any dead person who arrives on the Island, and the observer is anyone who arrives on the Island

who is neither native or part of the company that arrived on the Island with the deceased.In Christian's case Des was the observer.I think Christian was the first cat, and went

between living and dead several times before Des came, then he chose death. Now Locke is the cat, i think he will change between living and dead a few times until Des comes back

again.When he is living Esau will be in control, when he is a spirit Locke will be in persona.On Des' arrival I don't know which one Locke will choose.But Des' specialness is

born from his ability to consciousness time travel.This makes him useful to convey messages that can influence the alternate timeline.He is one key to the end of the show. The

other is in the incident.The Losties causing the Incident, and Des not releasing the pressure created by the Incident makes their destinies intertwined.

Hence this principle of association.Ben told infinite lies to the Others to make them stay on the Island.He knew that if they left, Widmore might catch them and end up back on

the Island to kill the Others.Des turning the failsafe made the Island visible to radar which led to not only Penny finding him but Widmore also found the Island.You can see how

everyone's fate is intertwined.Widmore must have worked with Ellie off-Island at first because when she explained how the inventors of the pendulum worked out how to find the

Island she mentioned that they tried to work our where it had BEEN.Widmore bought the Black Rock's logbook obviously to work out where the Island would TT back to.

And who are Adam and Eve?

Curiosity on this one may have waned.Adam and Eve died circa 1954.Who do we know was present then? Sawyer, Juliette, Locke, Faraday, Miles, Charlotte, Ellie, Widmore, Richard,

Bernard, Rose and the rest of the passengers who survived the flaming arrows(if any).Who out of them died in 1954? Ummm...none of them.We see them all survive that flash and end

up in 1973-77.Charlotte empirically speaking may have died in 1954, but she was far from the caves.B&R and the Losties die in 1977 at the Incident.Only two possible scenarios

appear possible to me.S6 begins with two Losties in 1954.... or...Nikki and Paulo were still alive and stole the stones from Locke's belongings in 2004,and awoke when they all

flashed to 1954, ran to the first hiding place they remember as a safe-haven, and died in the next flash.Or S6 begins with everyone back at LAX, in 2009 and jacob tells the

Losties they have to go back to the island in 1954 to bring back all the dead Losties like Charlie, defuse the bomb, and put back everything on the Island how it was when they

first crashed.That means Kate and Jack need to give the stones to Bernie and Rose who were meant to die in the caves first time around but didn't.

Lastly I think Penelope's mother is Annie.If Hawking and Widmore can have a son with an American accent then Widmore and Annie can have one with an English accent.Haha.But

seriously, Widmore and Ellie know that the war between free will and Fate will go down to the wire.I think it will go until the finale.Widmore realised when Ben double-crossed

him that Ben was not the rightful leader, that's why he claims it is still his.He knows that Locke will be important as a champion of free will to rally against who he thinks is

Ben, when in reality it is Esau who is responsible for Ben's misguided line of thinking.Widmore is sure that Locke is special because of 1954 when he flashed.Locke thought he

was special because Ben thought he was.Richard thought Locke was special because Locke appeared in 1954 and told him things nobody could know.Ellie thinks that you cannot fight

course correction because she only took up quantum physics after she killed her own son, and hasn't come up with a way to change what she did.Obviously the Losties blew up in

1977, hence she became fatalistic.She hoped that her son would succeed where she failed.So Esau spun a web of deceit and these poor people have been running around with tragic

stories because they believed in false principles.But you know what? I still think Ben has a plan.He told Jill that he had a grand plan.now you can't tell me receiving

forgiveness for his sins and helping the Losties was his great plan.I think it was 'part' of the plan, but not the bigger picture.I think he knows about the alternate timeline

because he has had other people visit him from the future to tell him that the Losties are not only Jacob's best chance of bringing harmony to the Island, but also Ben's best

way to erase his mother's death and have a happy life with his parents.I think that was his real motive for fluffing around so long with fertility problems.

Future Prediction for S6

We will see all the dead people from the ancients, to the black Rock to Charlie and the other passengers who died, rally to Jack and Locke's side and battle it out with Esau's

crew.The outcome will be that Jack will be on the brink of death, just as Kate has fallen back in love with him, and Jack says he must die in order for her to live and just as

she begs him to hang on, Charlie and the passengers take him to a healing place on the Island and heal him, but then they fade away after saying their goodbyes.

Bonus Commentaries

Walt was a special person biologically because the electromagnetic pulses in his brain could react to the negative pocket of energy on the Island in away he was only beginning

to learn before he got off the Island.But we'll never see how much power he would have been capable of picking up.

Libby was connected to Hurley because after her hubbie Dave died she went nuts and was admitted to SR.She was taken by Hurley's consistent mention of a 'Dave', and after weeks

of observing him, she got it into her head that he could see her hubbie Dave. now Jacob has confirmed that he isn't crazy, but blessed with the ability to see dead people.So

maybe he did see her husband.That's why she stalked him as afra as flight 815.

Radzinski is shot by Inman, who was a spy for Widmore.
Back to top Go down
Velleri24

Velleri24

PostSubject: Re: My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it   My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow LostINZ, this is a mega theory. I have a ton of questions and maybe some interjections. This was something I posted when asked what were the ties between Widmore and Esau. I call him MM short for Mystery Man because we were never given a name. It is actually more questions then interjection, but ties in a little with what you are saying here.

We do know MM does not like humans. It occurs to me that the smoke monster made sort of an angry appearance to the losties their first couple of days on the island. Stomping mad is a term I like to use in describing our introduction to "the monster" He toppled trees and roared like an an angry beast. But at the same time, I find it hard to believe that MM and Smokey are so closely related. It makes sense though, Smokey appeared as Alex to Ben, or was it MM seizing the opportunity and not related to Smokey at all?

Christian may have been better off to say, no I am not Jacob, but I can lie on his behalf. Perhaps no one but Jacob even knows MM exists. That would explain a lot. We know MM is a master of disguise, a theme we have seen plenty of in the Lost story. So why would he not appear to people as Jacob? Give Richard some lists and instructions as Jacob?

But now is a good time to contradict myself.

One thing I notice about a younger Charles Widmore, is when Jacob is mentioned he is almost repelled by the mention of the name. I think Charles was exiled by MM, via lists and instructions to Ben, something he has done before, and still did until Ben turned the wheel. I would not be surprised if Charles had not uncovered this secret, and his talk of war to John was in fact the conflict between Jacob and MM. I think Charles is worried that MM will prevail, and he knows that Richard is being influenced by an impostor posing as Jacob.

"I know who you are, boy, what you are."

Apparitions appear to individuals as people they love or trust or miss. Shannon was touched by Walt, he was in tune to her pain, and offered her his best friend, someone who she could talk to. Jack often see's his father, a man who died before Jack could mend fences with him. John too see's Walt, a boy he bonded with over Backgammon and other adventures, like saving him from a polar bear. He may have appeared to young Ben as Ben's dead mother. So if he can appear as these people why not Jacob?

Ben does the opposite of what we believe is how Jacob would want things to be done. We even see two completely different Ben's from time to time. One that call's Michael on the freighter and explains that there are innocent people on the freighter that he does not wish to kill. And another who stabs Keamy to death knowing full well Jack and company could very well be on that bomb rigged freighter, and only says, "so what."

We see a Ben who actually defends Jack to the lady at the butcher shop, I think her name was Jill. We see Ben lighting candles in a church and tells Jack the story of the apostle who could not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead, until he could touch his wounds. We see Ben tell Jack "who cares" on the 316 flight when asked what will happen to the other passengers, knowing full well Jack would be offended by such a statement. Can one man be so adverse within himself that he could display two completely different personalities?

This is why answering the question of where Widmore and Hawking stand in the big scheme of things is so darn hard to answer. How did Widmore find love off the island, and why did he? Why is Ben hypochritical of Widmore leaving the island periodically when he would soon be doing the same thing? The passports and cash stashes were a big clue that Ben had outside influence. Was Ben put in power by MM, and not Jacob? Is this why Jacob never accepted Ben or spoke with him? Does Richard know there is an MM, and if so, does he know of the power he wields?

You predict that we will see some of our dead characters again in season 6, I hope you are right! But before we do, I think solving the mystery of where our characters stand in the grand scheme of things, Widmore, Hawking all of the O6 and especially Ben first will be of great help in understanding all the awesome things you have touched on here. I flip flop on who is good or evil in this, is the good guy really Ben? Or is it Widmore?
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it   My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:11 am

The man in the chair looked more like Esau than it did Jacob.HE is the one who said help me, because he needs a body...Ilana said that the cabin had not been inhabited for a long time.My theory is that Jacob left, went to the foot, and Esau fooled Ben.Notice that Richard has never said anything about a cabin and we've never seen him there...Richard obviously knew he wasn't there.

About Esau appearing as Walt..Walt has a special connection with the Island.If you put him aside, you'll notice that Esau can only mimic dead people.Furthermore, how could he mimic someone nobody has seen except Richard? The only one who could verify who he is would be Richard, and that would just give the game away.

Widmore and Hawking.Two different angles.hawking motivated by killing her son before he was born.She studied TT as a result.The Others seem to have no real knowledge of time travel.Richard had no idea what to say to Locke or Faraday.Widmore motivated to get the Island back.Made Locke feel like he wanted Locke to be leader.He thinks Locke is special because Locke TT'ed back to 1954 and told him he was the leader in the future.Locke thought he was the leader because Ben thought he was special-he healed super fast, Ben didn't.Richard, however on visiting Locke 3 times off-Island never found anything special about him-nothing to suggest he should be leader.he actually failed the test.but Richard was affected by the 1954 visit and quite frankly he wanted Ben out.Who perpetuated the lie? Esau, with his impeccable timing.It's one big loop of chinese whispers.who told Locke he had to die? Richard.Who told Richard? Esau.

My only uncertainty lies with Widmore.How much does he know? When he mentions a war, it seems the one between Jacob and Esau.But perhaps he means that when Widmore goes back to the Island there will be a war between the leaders.And he just thinks that Locke might help him beat Ben, by ordering the Others to kill Ben...I'm not sure...

To my way of thinking, Nobody is bad except Esau.Everyone else is just following what they believe to be right according to what they thought was truth.Ben lies because he has many insecurities.But also I believe he still has a grand plan.Want proof? he ordered the building of the runway..then flight 316(which he and Hawking organized) lands on it in 2008.How is thta for forward thinking?Also he said to Jill" if we don't(cut Jack soem slack), then what we are about to do won't matter at all." He has had a lot of people help him to get the Losties back to the Island.I think he knows about the alternate timeline..
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it   My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:12 am

By the way nice to see you Velleri Smile Notice I've stuck to my guns with the whole possession thing.I think people are coming around to my way of thinking with that now.I may re-post that theory from ABC.
Back to top Go down
Velleri24

Velleri24

PostSubject: Re: My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it   My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:54 am

Heh! I always did love the way your mind works LostINZ! I cannot wait to see how it all plays out. I am on board with possession as a big part of the story, we only differ slightly on who, when and why. Season 6 is going to be one hell of a ride! Roger\'s Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it   My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it Empty

Back to top Go down

My final mega theory before S6-I've cracked it
Page 1 of 1