The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed Empty
PostSubject: Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed   Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Jacob is Free Will in a human form and MM is Destiny. Destiny, if it was a person, would detest Free Will as it has the potential to mess up Destiny's plan. Destiny controls the environment to make sure what is suppose to happen, happens, but Free Will is always there in the human decision making process. To "kill" Free Will ensures Destiny will happen - there's nothing left to alter it. However only people can choose to kill off Free Will, Destiny cannot do it. For people to subscribe to one or the other, in entirity, requires only one to be present at any time - having both is almost a paradox. Hence - MM (Destiny) saying "do you know how much I want to kill you?" Essentially, I have had enough of Free Will and it must be ended. But again, only a human can kill Free Will (by deciding that Destiny is set and they can do nothing to change it). Free Will must allow Ben to stab him, as it was Ben's decision and Free Will means following whatever decision is made, without interference. Free Will can only remind them they have a choice - much like Jacob did when he touched each Lostie off the island. Had Jacob tried to stop Ben he would have violated his own belief in letting free will dictate action. He couldn't do that.

The numbers predict an end to humans (Destiny) yet Free Will still believes humans can be saved. That's the basis for the whole MM/Jacob story.[u]
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed   Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:25 am

i agree with you.I think the whole show is based on the struggle between MM and Jacob.They personify the show's main theme-Free will vs Determinism(Destiny).
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed   Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:33 am

You've given me an idea.So could Faraday be the one who found the loophole? He was the one that championed the idea that the free will of men can change the past.That would not have happened had Faraday not TT'ed to 1974.There he had time to study Quantum physics more and come up with the concept.Therefore Ben turning the FDW made it all possible.Remember Christian told Locke that HE was meant to turn the FDW? I think Ben has been foxing the whole time and he actually is masterminding a huge plot to overthrow destiny.The way he talked to Jill about his plan was as if he was planning to change everything.Remember when he blew up the freighter by setting off Keamy's deadman's trigger?He said "so what". Then when Jack asked about all the innocent passengers on the plane, ben says "who cares about them".It's as if he knows that if he pulls off his plan nothing will matter because 815 won't crash and all will be well.

So in saying all this could MM be using Faraday, Ben, Widmore, Ellie to get himself out of the loop and fulfill his destiny? Could Jacob be using the Losties, Ilana and Ben to keep free will on the Island? I think dead Yemi and Christian were MM, just as Smokie is MM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed   Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacob HAD to let himself be stabbed
Page 1 of 1