The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone

Go down 
+2
sniphneris
lostorconfused
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lostorconfused

Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone Empty
PostSubject: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Hurley is the only one, we have seen, that was pretty much told by Jacob to get on flight 316. Why hasn't he mentioned that to anyone and why did Jacob go to that extreme with him? One possibility - Jacob knows about Hurleys ability to see and talk with dead people. He called it a blessing which I think is a huge clue. Jacob has read MM's plan for awhile and knows the outcome. He needs Hurley to talk to him, as dead Jacob, to tell his story about his death to let MM know that he wasn't dead from Ben's stab wounds, he died from MM kicking him into the fire. So, MM REALLY killed him, a clear violation of the rules. What we don't know is what happens if the rules are broken?
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Can't wait for S6 to see how all this works out. Others have called Hurley "comic relief" but I believe he drives good in people. He tries like crazy to convince Miles to talk to Chang and in an early episode he convinces Sawyer to be "nice" to the group so he won't get kicked out. Yes, it was a con Hurley pulled on Sawyer, but I think Sawyer learned from that.

Everything we have seen is driving change in our Losties so when they do get back to the present they will know the right thing to do. Hurley hasn't done anything that appears "great", at least outwardly (or maybe not what society considers great anymore), but I think he has the biggest, greatest thing coming his way, soon.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:17 pm

lostorconfused wrote:
Can't wait for S6 to see how all this works out. Others have called Hurley "comic relief" but I believe he drives good in people. I think he has the biggest, greatest thing coming his way, soon.

I read somewhere that Hugo's character was created for Jorge Garcia when he auditioned for the part of Sawyer. Hopefully that means that they wrote him into the overall scheme of the show as well. I also read that Jack was supposed to die a few episodes in, but they obviously made him more important in the long run. However, I dont see how he can be extremely integral to the outcome of the story if his character didn't exist when the show was laid out. Maybe he REPLACED another character that was to serve the same purpose...
Back to top Go down
flettenjab

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:24 am

i thought hurley didnt tell anyone about a strange man he met because he is kinda naive and innocent....probably hasnt put anything together yet
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah, but after all those experiences on the island and all the weird stuff that happened you'd think he would have told someone that "I met this guy in the cab who convinced me to get on this flight".
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Yes, strange indeed. And what's with the guitar case? He didn't mention that to anyone either but he certainly held onto it. Maybe it's a clue that Charlie is to return.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 pm

I get what you're saying flettenjab. I do know he had the guitar case so it would seem more like charlie, since they had to duplicate everything as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://vilhelmslostblog.blogspot.com/
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm with JL73, Jacob also knew that they had to try to replicate the same conditions as first flight and that's why he basically leaves the guitar for him in the cab (even though he says its not his).
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:06 pm

The proxy thing gets me sometime too. So Hurley took the space of Charlie and himself and Locke took the place of Christian and himself? Strange. Jack put his own shoes on Locke so i can understand that a bit more. Does this mean the guitar case(or what's in it) belonged to Charlie? Totally off topic now, so i'll add this, Hurley really thought Jacob was a figment of his imagination, maybe he doesn't believe any of it really exists. Including the guitar case.
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm

I hear ya, it's a bit confusing with the whole proxy thing. I thought Jack put Christian's shoes on Locke, not his own?
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:12 pm

By the way, good night folks. Maybe I'll catch you all tomorrow. " YOU AW EVERBODY"!!! Got to say it like Charlie... Smile
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Jack put Christian's shoes on Locke, not his own. And I do think the guitar was actually Charlie's, and yes, Hurley believes Jacob was just another dead guy.
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:17 pm

True, i forgot Ray gave him the shoes and they were his fathers. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the guitar case will remain a true mystery until next season.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:20 pm

We open it up, and it holds.... a statue of mother Mary! Oh no!
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 pm

That's all we need, more statue mysteries! Maybe she will be holding an Ankh to totally confuse us.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:26 pm

that would just totally mess up every faith on the show.... (well, only if the giant statue is facing Mecca......)
Back to top Go down
error747

error747

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Yes, that's true. They have represented so many major religions. Islam would be next in the list, lol
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:51 pm

I believe the whole proxy idea came from Eloise. With all that we know, now, I am not sure how much of what she says is truth or just made up to get done what she believes needs to happen. She knows everything that happened on the island from 1974-1977 and who from the Losties group was there, so sometimes I believe she is making stories up as she goes along to get them back. "You all have to go back" etc. Yet Sun wasn't there at the Station under the Church and she didn't seem distressed. Sun also wasn't in 1974 eitehr so maybe it wasn't important, at least to Eloise, to get her to go. I do think she couldn't say , "yeah, you guys need to go back because you will wind up in 1974..." That wouldn't have inspired them to go.

Sorry to digress from the original thought about Hurley not mentioning his meeting with Jacob.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:58 pm

I think Eloise and Jacob know each other.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:04 pm

JL73 - Interesting. Any evidence or just a hunch? I know Eloise was the Leader of the Others for awhile (Richard says so when they swim to the bomb). Although it seems that all communication from Jacob to the Leader went through Richard, and we could even question whether Richard has ever really met Jacob. Notice he did not go into the statue with FakeLocke and Ben. Why not?

I think after Eloise shot her son back in 1977, she set out to do anything and everything to change that event. I believe that is the way she fits into the whole story. She left the island shortly after the incident, pregnant with Daniel Faraday, and raised him from birth to be a physicist and to study time travel.
Back to top Go down
JohnLocke73

JohnLocke73

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm

It's more of a hunch. but with how much she seems to know about everything, it just seems like they'd know each other.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:08 pm

JL - Yes, but remember, she saw some of the Losties back in her 1974-77 so she knows who they are and what they did then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone   Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurley and Jacob - why he never told anyone
Page 1 of 1