The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?

Go down 
+6
esutt83101
lostorconfused
vincentfan1
Velleri24
lights_and_perfections
tesman1127
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tesman1127

** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? Empty
PostSubject: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Well I was thinking since we saw Jacob bring Black Rock to the island did he also allow DHARMA to find the island in whoever built the pendulum possibly.....? I always thought that Enzo Valenzetti was the one who built the pendulum and allowed DHARMA to finally find the island...since he was already involvedi in the valenzetti equation for dharma .......is it likely to think that Jacob visited him as well and allowed him to bring them to the island....

just a thought
Back to top Go down
lights_and_perfections

lights_and_perfections

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptySat May 30, 2009 1:47 am

Good point! I really wonder how that is going to work out.What does the V equation and dahrma have to do with Jacob? Do you have any more goods on this? I'm glad your here tesman1127!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jchc1
Velleri24

Velleri24

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:17 pm

I have a feeling that any humans visiting that island were brought there, or at least showed the way by Jacob as part of his mission to prove something to you know who.
Back to top Go down
vincentfan1

vincentfan1

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:16 am

We have heard Ben say Jacob does not like technology but I think he was mistaken. It is MM that does not like it. Jacob brings the people to the island. He calls what happens there "progress". So I believe he brought the DI to the island hoping to invoke progress. I'm not sure what is "the end" Jacob said it only ends once.
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:29 pm

Vincent - I think it it is the "test/game" they (Jacob & MM) are playing which only ends once and the end is either that he finds humans who can prevent the self destruction of mankind or that manking does succeed (?) in destroying themselves. Jacob believes that every group that gets tested on the island moves closer to ONE of those. When one happens - game over.

I think the statement Ben made about Jacob not liking technology was just another one of his made up stories. Or....Jacob could believe that man is placing too much faith in technology, as teh saving grace, so to speak, and not in themselves.

Velleri - Agree. I think Jacob gets to bring people as part of their "rules" of this test/game. MM gets to manipulate the environment, as a balance and Smokey may be a referee of sorts.
Back to top Go down
esutt83101

esutt83101

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 7:52 pm

I don't think DI was brought to the Island by Jacob... I think that the DI wasn't supposed to be there...That they somehow found out about the island on their own, and that it was man's technology that brought them there. (that's why Jacob hates technology) Technology has advanced so rapidly that it is hard for Jacob to hide the island. I think Jacob brought the others there to protect the island, and just put up with the DI.Even the army that came before, I think that Jacob didn't bring them (H-bomb) When the DI was drilling into the magnetic field, Jacob knew he had to stop them. I believe Jacob lined up the individuals from the original crash, (along with Desmond already there) to originally crash, go back, then come back again (70's) to do what they had to do to protect the island. When he visited them and touched them, I believe he was hoping to select those souls that he needed to prove his point and save the island. That mankind is basically good, and under extreme circumstances, they will rise to the occasion and do what is right, regardless of the outcome.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:02 am

Great posts everyone.Vincent, I like what you say about progress.Jacob says that there is only one end.I'll throw in what these comments mean to me:To me that sounds like a time loop.It must always end in 2008.Every time they go around they must be able to do something better each time.But MM must have been trying to look for a loophole, in other words, a way to get out of the loop.When MM says to Jacob "you brought them here" , Jacob disagrees and implies that MM has a different opinion about how events pan out on the Island.It's as if MM has been kept in the time loop by Jacob, who manipulates events to make sure the time loop remains.But MM believes that he can get out of it by changing something.But everything he tries keeps getting course-corrected-he even has tried to kill Jacob himself but it fails each time.So this time he manipulates Ben into doing it.He thinks that if he gets Jacob killed, then nobody can manipulate future events, then he is free to live his own life...just some thoughts you have inspired in me...
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi,
Everyone keeps quoting Ben when he says that Jacob doesn't like technology but if I'm not mistaken he said this before or on the way to the "cabin" where we later find out by Ilana and her crew that Jacob hasn't been there and not for "a long time". So obviously Ben and Locke were never talking to Jacob. I believe that even if Jacob didn't bring the DI on the island he wasn't against it because you have to remember that DI was Alvar's little project based on the V experiment-so it was for good and I still believe that Jacob represents good. I also get the feeling based on the season 5 finale that MM is stuck in this experiment, game, whatever you want to call it. You guys are awesome! I love the way you think! I'm so thankful for this site. I was getting real tired of all the nonsense on other Lost theory sites, thanks Anne. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lostorconfused

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm

I believe Jacob allowed DI on the Island knowing they would not be able to find the asnwer to the Valenzetti equation. Seems the real answer is in man's ability to live peacefully, which appears to be what Jacob wants to prove to MM. DI was overly technology driven (so maybe Ben's statement about Jacob not liking technology was true?) and they also seemed to have a secret agenda outside the "good will" stuff they claimed to be all about. The drive Radinsky had to "keep drilling" at the Swan station and his militant ways, for example, are in no way in line with the DI advertised mission. They seem to support MM's theory (they fight, they corrupt...) more than Jacob's. Hmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
sniphneris

sniphneris

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:00 pm

[Removed by User for STUPID content]

Last edited by sniphneris on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cornholiogringo1

cornholiogringo1

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:51 am

On that thought, perhaps Dharma was NOT supposed to be on the island and the Purge could possibly be Jacob's massive course correction. Of course the incident always happened, but we have yet to see if the nuke changed anything, or was the incident.
Back to top Go down
LostINZ

LostINZ

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:44 am

Not too sure about the technology angle-it sems literal-he doesn't use it..tends to use his hands a lot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?   ** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...? Empty

Back to top Go down

** So did Jacob allow Dharma to island...?
Page 1 of 1