The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Namaste and welcome to The Other Lost Forum!...guests, please join to get rid of those annoying google adds!
The Other Lost Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other Lost Forum

We are here seeking refuge. No more theory bashing, abuse or spam! Just have fun and enjoy each other!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Qualities and Services of a Good Calgary Dentist
The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 am by Jessica24

» Season 5 Rewatch
The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am by LostINZ

» The Nintendo DS
The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

» Pulaski County
The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 am by be_map1512

»  Come on and I'll show You the good time
The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am by sangbmt

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
brothersoft.com
Follow us on Twitter

The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LostINZ

LostINZ

The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory Empty
PostSubject: The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory   The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 am

Since Horus was said to be the sky, he was considered to also contain the sun and moon. It became said that the sun was his right eye and the moon his left, and that they traversed the sky when he, a falcon, flew across it. Thus he became known as Harmerty - Horus of two eyes. Later, the reason that the moon was not as bright as the sun was explained by a tale, known as the contestings of Horus and Set, originating as a metaphor for the conquest of Upper Egypt by Lower Egypt in about 3000 BC. In this tale, it was said that Set, the patron of Upper Egypt, and Horus, the patron of Lower Egypt, had battled for Egypt brutally, with neither side victorious, until eventually the gods sided with Horus.

As Horus was the ultimate victor he became known as Harsiesis, Heru-ur or Har-Wer (ḥr.w wr 'Horus the Great'), but more usually translated as Horus the Elder. In the struggle Set had lost a testicle, explaining why the desert, which Set represented, is infertile. Horus' left eye had also been gouged out, which explained why the moon, which it represented, was so weak compared to the sun.-Wikipedia

My theory is that the island is the battlefiled for Set vs Horus.Claire's dream where Locke has a black stone and white stone in his eye sockets was a signal that this battle was taking place on the Island.I think Jacob is the re-incarnation of Sobek, the protector and healer, the fixer of wrongdoing and his Nemesis(mr x Or Esau as some people name him) is the re-incarnation of Apep, the god of evil.I think that many of the gods have been re-incarnated in the Losties, which is why they have special gifts.

The weather changes, tides, scattered light etc are explainable by the fact that the moon gods are fighting the sun gods.The Hurley bird is a re-incarnation of a god, which is why it knew Hurley's name-the bird may be a giant falcon, symbol of Horus.I think Vincent is a reincarnation of the dog in Jacob's cabin.

I must emphasize that Darlton have been throwing out ambiguous storylines since the beginning and as Twin Peaks is one of Lindelof's greatest influences on Lost, i have seen so many parrallels.Therefore, I think that all the manifestations and odd faux pas we've seen are meant to confuse the heck out of us and make us guess who is a reincarnated being and who is possessed, as opposed to who/what is a manifestation of Smokie.And also who is a ghost?

I think that whenever Richard looks for a leader he conducts the same test he conducted with Locke.The only reason he thought Locke was special was because Locke TT'ed to him and told him he was meant to be leader.the only reason Locke thought he weas special was because Richard and Ben told him so.Ben thought Locke was special because he healed.However we see in the finale that Locke was healed by Jacob.The question: why did Jacob heal him? The same reason he touched the other Losties-he knew they had a destiny to fulfill and they'd need help to get there.

In the beginning Apep(i'll call him that for now) said that Jacob brought the people to the Island.Obviously this has been happening for centuries, history keeps repeating itself.People come to the island, battle, die and get taken over by reincarnate gods.This is why the Others always require dead bodies to be buried-this reflects the Egyptian attitude to death-they must always be buried in case an evil spirit takes the body over.I think Jacob has ordered them to watch his back-he is expecting Apep to try and find a loophole.Which of course he does.The same loophole Ben wishes he knew to kill Widmore.An Other cannot kill an Other.However, Apep finds out that Ben was not a real Others leader.He works out that Ben was kept away from Jacob because he's a fake Other.Richard conjured up a lie to Widmore.

So what is the loophole? Locke actually died when he fell several stories.But Jacob healed him.In the time that Locke died, Apep took possesion of his body.This is why he never tells the Losties that he was paralysed before the crash.He only tells Walt, who he knows is a reincarnation also, therefore he can handle it.So how did Apep TT to the time when Locke fell? He didn't.Locke originally died.Jacob is the one who TT'ed to create the miracle.The Locke he healed is the Locke who eventually Ben kills and takes to the Island.Time course-corrected as Locke was always meant to die!Apep must have been hiding somewhere on the plane in his Locke body.

I know some of this is vague but I'm going out on a limb and saying that I am close to the truth.i'm still gathering more evidence for all this...

Love to hear all your theories on this affraid
Back to top Go down
mujerperdida

mujerperdida

The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory   The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm with you on alot of this such as that MM is Apep; however, I believe Jacob is Ra & Richard is Set who sits at the helm of Ra's defenders/followers. This is from Wikipedia:

Tales of Apep's battles against Ra were elaborated during the New Kingdom[4]. Since nearly everyone can see that the sun is not attacked by a giant snake during the day, every day, storytellers said that Apep must lie just below the horizon. This appropriately made him a part of the underworld, which attacked the sun each night. In some stories Apep waited for Ra in a western mountain called Bakhu, where the sun set, and in others Apep lurked just before dawn, in the Tenth region of the Night. The wide range of Apep's possible location gained him the title World Encircler. It was thought that his terrifying roar would cause the underworld to rumble. Myths sometimes say that Apep was trapped there, because he had been the previous chief god and suffered a coup d'etat by Ra, or because he was evil and had been imprisoned.

In his battles, Apep was thought to use a magical gaze to hypnotise Ra and his entourage, attempting to devour them whilst choking the river on which they travelled through the underworld with his coils. Sometimes Apep had assistance from other demons, named Sek and Mot. Ra was assisted by a number of defenders who travelled with him, the most powerful being Set, who sat at the helm.

I think that Smokie could be the demons Sek or Mot who worked for Apep.
As for Locke being MM the whole time, I don't know but I love the way you think!
Back to top Go down

The Ancient History aspect of Lost-my theory
Page 1 of 1